Another Year of Glorantha (2020)

scott-martin

1 hour ago, scott-martin said:

It strikes me that this is a great place to nominate your favorite achievements in Lozenge Studies in this difficult year.

I think there was a particularly strong selection in the Jonstown Compendium along with Pegasus Plateau and RBOM.

Since the Lozenge has four sides, I'll go with four nominations:

• A Rough Guide to Glamour - a fine "illumination" of that most Lunar of cities
  • Six Seasons in Sartar - that wonderfully detailed work of Usuphus of Jonstown
  • Valley of Plenty - wherein we get to see the exploits of the Wildlings, children of the Dundealos
  • Sandheart v.3: Tradition - who can pass up a VW camper rhino!
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, French Desperate WindChild said:

@Bill the barbarian voice in podcast; because I understand 0% but I love him

Agreed 100%

also:

The master teaser: @Jeff for his superlative work teasing everyone with maps in Facebook...

For me the other supplements/adventures and general items that made 2020 more bearable are:

Merry Green Valley.
Valley of Plenty.
Six Seasons in Sartar.

And the superb works of Martin Helsdon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Now, that parameters are set...In no particular order I beg the chance to nominate (love the logic jajagappa, so): 

Pookie for Gloranthan Games 2020. You rock good sir! Plus everything else...

All of the contestants of Glorantha Has Talent!  We were all three blown away (and I was expecting great things)!

RuneBlogger for his many years (decades?) of work!

All the denizens of the fora hereabouts. We are all uz!

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

2 hours ago, French Desperate WindChild said:

because I understand 0% but I love him

I understand The Barbarian.  And I'm British.  Which also means that I'm uncomfortable showing any overt signs of friendship (beyond shaking hands which isn't legal anymore), so I have to pretend that I missed the second half of the quote.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Stephen L said:

I understand The Barbarian.  And I'm British.  Which also means that I'm uncomfortable showing any overt signs of friendship (beyond shaking hands which isn't legal anymore), so I have to pretend that I missed the second half of the quote.

depending on where you are in Britain... you may have a dialect closer to the language of the barbarian... hence the "I understand" part.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Stephen L said:

Again the butt of jokes, ever wake up feeling like a duck? Look folks if we derail this thread anymore I will get into trouble again... and be mocked!

WAUGH!

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

3 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

WAUGH!

1 hour ago, soltakss said:

WAHA! Surely?

It would be WAHA in standard English but WAUGH! in Irish-Canadian ... (and it's important to have the exclamation mark too.. so don't leave it out) and for those that don't understand Bill .. I'm sure there's something that can translate him into machine code/ beast speech/ Heortling/ duck etc. Ask the Librarian if you get stuck.

I also understand it's a useful verb.. Bill and I went waughing together but we came back later

(maybe I understand why WindChild has problems understanding now..

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, jajagappa said:

I might also call out the White Bull Campaign sessions so that we can see how the Chaosium house campaign is developing.

that is a great (and true) point I miss

Thanks to Jeff and friends for this youtube. It gives a lot of lore, it shows a great manner of how to play the character, even when you know that is not good for the pc but it is how the character should act, and, sometimes it creates some feelings (yes I am an hypersensitive ;) )

If I may suggest something, add in the video title some words explaining the situation (a true title, not only the number)

And also, curse esrolian to lose hair

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1