An interview with Loz Whitaker.

Conrad

It's a series that Newt is doing chatting to people from the d101 Games family.. think that was the first one and I'm looking forward to the others

Interesting titbits from @Loz on upcoming  Mythras productions in this one

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TrippyHippy said:

He talks about a new edition of Luther Arkwright!!!!! 😀

I do, but it's a way off. A new edition will be needed to integrate the new Arkwright graphic novel Bryan is working on for release next year, so nothing is going to happen for at least a year and half (and more likely two years).

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

Wow, one more post having finished watching this, I am amazed at how nice Newt and Low are and how much they love the hobby. Good to see I am spending money on great products made by good folk. Looking forward to giving you some cash one day, Newt.

• Like 4

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

9 hours ago, lawrence.whitaker said:

I do, but it's a way off. A new edition will be needed to integrate the new Arkwright graphic novel Bryan is working on for release next year, so nothing is going to happen for at least a year and half (and more likely two years).

If I can wait for Greece, I can wait for Luther Arkwright. 

• Like 2

An Elric license doesn't seem to be up for grabs, but a grimdark apocalyptic champion with the serial numbers filed off might be possible.

But then, why limit that to a single champion, possibly the GM's Mary Sue?

Sandy Petersen has just published a Planet Apocalypse book for 5E, a guide to end your current campaign's universe. Maybe a Mythras version might be possible?

Telling how it is excessive verbis

1 hour ago, NurgleHH said:

Being honest i hoped for a new setting a bit more like stormbringer - dark and grim. In the moment Mythras feels a bit like "my little pony" (Take care, it is meant in an ironic way!). So, instead of Luther 2, why not Not-Elric 1????

Hmm. Welcome to Monster Island.... it can be quite grim

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NurgleHH said:

Being honest i hoped for a new setting a bit more like stormbringer - dark and grim. In the moment Mythras feels a bit like "my little pony" (Take care, it is meant in an ironic way!). So, instead of Luther 2, why not Not-Elric 1????

One could adapt this: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/340976/Through-Sunken-Lands-and-Other-Adventures to Mythras?

On 4/26/2021 at 1:32 PM, NurgleHH said:

Loz Whitaker, and Pete Nash, already did a sterling job doing Elric of Melnibone for Mongoose RQII, which is compatable with Mythras. You should check it out, NurgleHH. 😁

Edited by Conrad
  • Like 1
http://www.basicrps.com/core/BRP_quick_start.pdf A sense of humour and an imagination go a long way in roleplaying. ;)

On 4/27/2021 at 12:32 AM, NurgleHH said:

Thing is, if you know what you are doing, Elric can easily be incorporated into Luther Arkwright’s multiverse. And, yes, I’d like to see a new Stormbringer too, by whoever but, for whatever reason, it isn’t happening. As Conrad points out, the last game version of Elric of Melniboné was released as a Mongoose RuneQuest II supplement, entirely compatible with Mythras.

Edited by TrippyHippy
  • Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 8:32 AM, NurgleHH said:

So, to help answer why we'd prioritise Luther 2 over than an Elric-With-The-Serial-Numbers-Filed-Off...

For all Luther Arkwright fans out there...

PRESS RELEASE - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Three River Studios Options Bryan Talbot’s Graphic Novel Series The Adventures of Luther Arkwrightand Heart of Empire

London, 28 April 2021: Three River Studios today announces it has optioned the rights to develop, finance and produce a live action, returnable TV series based on Bryan Talbot’s ground-breaking and multi-award winning graphic novels: The Adventures of Luther Arkwright and its sequel Heart of Empire.

You can read the full press release at http://www.bryan-talbot.com/.../Press Release - The...

Now, Three River Studios is owned by one Jonathan Drake, the creator of Thennla ('Shores of Korantia' & 'The Taskan Empire'), one of the Mythras lines. We helped Jon and Bryan connect when we licensed the rights to the Arkwright roleplaying game, so TDM had a small part to play in this exciting news...

We're really thrilled that Luther Arkwright will be coming to television, and offer our hearty congratulations to Bryan and Three River Studios!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

The Design Mechanism: Publishers of Mythras

DM logo Freeforums Icon.png

• 3 months later...
On 4/26/2021 at 5:32 AM, NurgleHH said:

Luther runs pretty darned grimdark, honestly; particularly if you WANT to lean on the grimdark!

Lots of people see close parallels between Luther & Moorcock's Eternal Champion characters (to the extent that both Talbot fans & Moorcock fans have accused the other author of plagarism!  The authors, AIUI, once got together with a gentlemens' agreement to offer some credit and apology one way or t'other, if they could figure out who had plagarized whom, but -- after some hours wrangling, consulting respective calendars&records, and sharing a few drinks -- concluded that neither had known of the others' work, when they had written their own... "great minds thinking alike" and products-of-their-times, etc ) .

• Like 4

C'es ne pas un .sig