I got mine!

threedeesix

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just went home for lunch and it was waiting for me.

My copy of Basic Role Playing!

Number 3 of 420.

What a nice looking book.

Rod

(Turning the hot lights onto threedeesiz)

"Alright, spill it. What in da new book? Don't make me get rough wit'cha."

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

Waaah! Mine hasn't even shipped yet! *sob* ;-(

Nice one Rod! Go on, tell us all - what's it like?

Whats it like? Well for me anyway, it's the best of everything

I have ever loved about BRP under one set of covers.

My group and I submitted playtest reports right up to 2 weeks

ago and most of them made it in. So I love it.

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

Argh!!!!

Out of curiosity, had you even received notification of it shipping? Is there any chance that the rest of our books have shipped and the notification is what's taking so long? By my calculations I should have been receiving my copy today, yet as far as I know it hasn't shipped. :(

I received mine just today. 30 of 420. :)

I wonder how many they sold? I'm hoping they sold them all, as that would be a good indication that the final product would also sell well. Of course I know some of the people here are waiting for the final product. All of mine friends are waiting as well.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)

30/420

I wonder how many they sold? I'm hoping they sold them all, as that would be a good indication that the final product would also sell well.

Well, I wasn't going to buy it, but after the free shipping offer expired, I broke and bought one anyway. When I get my book I'll post the number here.

70/420

Can anyone give me a quick heads up on how they do character genereation. DO you break up points among professional skills or what?

I'm working on the Western stuff and a little insight would be helpful until I get a copy.

Can anyone give me a quick heads up on how they do character genereation. DO you break up points among professional skills or what?

I'm working on the Western stuff and a little insight would be helpful until I get a copy.

Campaign power level determines percentile pool points to distribute among profession skills:

Normal = 250 (75% skill cap)

Heroic = 325 (90% cap)

Epic = 400 (101% cap)

Superhuman = 500 (no cap)

If you're using the EDU characteristic option, then:

Normal = EDU x 20 percentile pool points (with same skill caps)

Heroic = EDU x 25

Epic = EDU x 30

Superhuman = EDU x 40

BRP Ze 32/420

Oh BTW, I really like the old Wyvern cover and font. Maybe it's nostalgia. I own the old BRP version with the cardstock battleboard and chits that had the Wyvern cover. I like the colorized version on the this cover. I am used to seeing the font with Chaosium products, so it *feels* right to me for the new BRP book.

BRP Ze 32/420

Campaign power level determines percentile pool points to distribute among profession skills:

Normal = 250 (75% skill cap)

Heroic = 325 (90% cap)

Epic = 400 (101% cap)

Superhuman = 500 (no cap)

If you're using the EDU characteristic option, then:

Normal = EDU x 20 percentile pool points (with same skill caps)

Heroic = EDU x 25

Epic = EDU x 30

Superhuman = EDU x 40

Thanks. Do they give a list of 8 skills per profession? It might just be the "code of the west"? :D

PS I Like the Gyphon cover too. I think I'd prefer just a silhouette like the Chasoium logo. I might just get one of the "demo" books. I was thinking of holding out for the official/corrected release, but maybe I'll cave.

Hope they put a list of correction up so the early birds won't be left in the cold. ("No, the 18 AP plate is a typo, it should have been 8.")

It looks like there is about 10 skills for each Profession. There are about 45 Professions listed in the book.

Thanks. That should be enough for me to do up some Western professions. That Old West thing is turning into a bit of a project.