Secrets of Berlin - Unveiling the Mythos in Weimar Berlin

MOB

6 hours ago, klecser said:

I also did not mean to imply that you aren't proud of all your work. My apologies if I unintentionally implied that. I was just trying to suss out in my brain reasons why there is "suddenly" a leatherette for a setting book. 

No worries, I didn't read it that way!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

But be warned: There are some severe (in my opinion) errors in Babylon Berlin.

Vulgo: The main plot with the Trotskist conspiracy does not make any sense! At the time of the movie there was no 4th International and Trotzski hasn't been ousted from the Soviet Union to Turkey.

And if that were so: I have never seen a movie that gave political and moral support to the Moscow Show Trials of 1936-38! Hey, there really WAS a cosnpiracy! So, which state hasn't have the right to defend against a coup de etat/ putsch?

And the main female actor, part-time secretary, part-time prostitute from the lowest rung of the working-class who finally becomes the first feamle police detective in the homicide department is ... let's say  the whole thing is not very believable (na dhas almost nothing to do with the character from the books).

If you want a very good alternative try "Mordkommision Berlin 1" (Homicide Department Berlin 1) - very good story, great actors, and a great view of the Ringvereine (criminal organizatons that organised along the line of legal clubs) of Berlin.

Unfortunately (just checked) Amazon does not cary it - neither in the US bor in the UK. You could order it a at bargaining price at amazon. de in Germny, though - no subtitles or dubbing though. To bad - you Anglos are really missing out on that one!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

With this book having been available in print at GenCon, and soon at NecronomiCon too, I'm curious to know when it will be up for sale on the Chaosium web site and when purchasers of the PDF will get their discount code? I'm really itchin' to get my hands on this one....

We're getting very Babylon Berlin SPOILERY here:

On 7/17/2019 at 1:18 PM, Der Rote Baron said:

And the main female actor, part-time secretary, part-time prostitute from the lowest rung of the working-class who finally becomes the first feamle police detective in the homicide department is ... let's say  the whole thing is not very believable (na dhas almost nothing to do with the character from the books).

I found the "bit" with the car and the lake far more unbelievable than what you say above.

However, despite its shortcomings, I still really enjoyed it.

8 hours ago, Kevin said:

With this book having been available in print at GenCon, and soon at NecronomiCon too, I'm curious to know when it will be up for sale on the Chaosium web site and when purchasers of the PDF will get their discount code? I'm really itchin' to get my hands on this one....

As soon as we have stocks in all three warehouses - waiting on the UK.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Ursus Maior said:

Do we already know, if the print edition of Berlin will be available at the fair Spiel 2019 in Essen? I would love to buy a copy there.

It will definitely be available at Spiel. We should have an announcement of the Berlin Launch Party in Berlin coming soon.

BERLIN THE WICKED CITY is now out in full-color hardback!
Mythos Horrors in Weimar-era Berlin, available directly from Chaosium: 

Berlin_The_Wicked_City_-_Front_Cover__57507.1552274611_500_659.jpg.0d57b6377a37ed74502b52d2a2c0e6cc.jpg

https://www.chaosium.com/berlin-the-wicked-city-hardcover

Also available in special Leatherette edition: 

CHA23163-L_Berlin_Cover_-_700x900__93321.1567088495_500_659.jpg.bed4900f03d24783e095975f96090579.jpg

https://www.chaosium.com/berlin-the-wicked-city-leatherette

Edited by MOB
  • Like 3

An official launch event for our new Call of Cthulhu supplement BERLIN THE WICKED CITY, taking place in the Wicked City itself!

Join Chaosium's Jeff Richard and Jason Durall at the Otherland Bookshop (Bergmannstraße 25 Berlin) at 6.30PM on September 7th. The book will be available, along with Berlin-themed cocktails.

More details about the event here: 

http://otherland-berlin.blogspot.com/2019/08/release-event-cthulhu-goes-to-wicked.html

• Like 3

NEVER READ THE LATIN is a new blog devoted to the Call of Cthulhu RPG. It kicks off with an interview with David Larkins, author of the recently released BERLIN THE WICKED CITY. Find out why David thinks "Lovecraft himself would have been repelled by the contents of the book!"

https://www.neverreadthelatin.com/blog/an-interview-with-david-larkins-about-berlin-the-wicked-city

• Like 2