Project update: The Children of Fear, mythos adventures in Central Asia and Northern India

MOB

9 hours ago, Lynne H said:

Morning!

There will be nine chapters (an introduction, plus eight location-specific ones), plus seven appendices (glossary, NPCs, handouts, pre-gens, etc.)

It's a biggy!

L.

Woot!

Sounds great.

1920s correct? Or 1930ish?

Oh...and will it be purist, pulp or either?

Edited by Spence
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 5/15/2020 at 1:43 PM, ColoradoCthulhu said:

Any update on this new campaign? The most recent post indicated "a mid-2020 release."

Hi, yes. It's in final editorial before heading into layout. 

We should be releasing the campaign in a few months time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2019 at 10:36 AM, Lynne H said:

plus eight location-specific ones

How much setting material and how much adventure?  Can we assume similar proportions to Masks of Nyarlathotep, or more, or less?

This is the first I've heard of this, and I'm really looking forward to it.

• Like 1

I am having a hard time to get my group to commit to year long campaigns. How many sessions (say 4 or 5 hours) would you expect this campaign to take. I can probably talk them into a game a week for 3 or 4 months might be challenging beyond that.

Edited by rsanford
  • Like 1

Check out our homebrew rules for freeform magic in BRP ->

No reason for Ars Magica players to have all the fun!

On 7/5/2020 at 7:30 PM, SunlessNick said:

How much setting material and how much adventure?  Can we assume similar proportions to Masks of Nyarlathotep, or more, or less?

This is the first I've heard of this, and I'm really looking forward to it.

I'd say about 60 (adventure)/40 (setting), with more adventure if you add in all the optional encounters.

L.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 7/5/2020 at 9:11 PM, rsanford said:

I am having a hard time to get my group to commit to year long campaigns. How many sessions (say 4 or 5 hours) would you expect this campaign to take. I can probably talk them into a game a week for 3 or 4 months might be challenging beyond that.

One playtest group managed it in 8 sessions (one per chapter), but their Keeper is ruthlessly organised and very efficient. I would expect most groups to take 2 sessions per chapter on average (if not more if you follow up on all the optional encounters). Chapter 1 is a pretty short introduction, but that's balanced by longer later chapters.

Depending on what the investigators do, you could - technically - finish it in 6 sessions, but I'd expect that to be the exception rather than the norm.

L.

• Like 9

• 2 months later...
30 minutes ago, MandilarasM said:

I know that all good things take time, and that something is ready when it's ready, but are there any updates on this wonderfully looking campaign?

Hi, we are nearing completion and it will be out very very soon. Worth the wait!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1