Out now in PDF: The Pegasus Plateau and Other Stories

MOB

Out now in PDF: The Pegasus Plateau & Other Stories
Seven Ready-to-Play Adventures for RuneQuest

https://www.chaosium.com/the-pegasus-plateau-other-stories-pdf

CHA4038_-_Pegasus_Plateau_-_Front_Cover_-_700x900_-_PDF__46939.1588935063_500_659.jpg.d27d90614e126464cc60f5e8445e1569.jpg

The full color hardback print version will be out later this year. Buy the PDF direct from Chaosium.com now and get the full price of the PDF off the print edition.

779005664_PegasusPlateauBackCover.thumb.png.f5e3d4c0d3c4d1fc6b20b9f34e5de630.png

Also available at DriveThruRPG.

Edited by MOB
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 6

A couple of authors new to Glorantha, but possibly with Cthulhu authorship under their belt. There is a common theme in The Grey Hawk, The Rattling WInd and Crimson Petals...

All the scenarios I read so far are solid and good scenarios, their Gloranthan adaptation falls foul of how different Heortling society works from society as you expect it. Exogamous clans? What I have read of Crimson Petals does indeed look like an excellent scenario. Unfortunately, how the Ulanding clan is described creates all the wrong expectations in GMs and future authors reading this as their reference.

The Coming Storm should be required reading for new authors, or at least a sample "how a clan is composed" primer taken from it.

The Rattling Wind has undergone the necessary bits of Gloranthan content editing - there is a new map of the village, correcting all the confusion that the pre-release left, and the weekday has been corrected.

That allows the antagonist to use its non-lethal 7Mothers rune magic like Madness or Panic rather than guaranteed mangling of PCs failing their dodge rolls.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

Just now, Blindhamster said:

Do Chaosium sell printed copies to the UK? Just wondering how cost effective it would be to buy the PDF from them. Would the cost of shipping make it a bad plan overall?

Chaosium has a fulfillment center in the UK, so yes, they do ship from the UK. No idea how the shipping cost add up, though.

Today, I tried to order a physical copy of the Sourcebook to complete my pdf copy that I bought from Chaosium, but I found no easy way in the shop to convince the shop that the sale they made two years ago should be substracted from the price of the hardcover. I'll probably have to write an e-mail to the customer service, but the shop really ought to be able to track previous purchases without involving Dustin at every completed sale.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

4 minutes ago, Blindhamster said:

Do Chaosium sell printed copies to the UK? Just wondering how cost effective it would be to buy the PDF from them. Would the cost of shipping make it a bad plan overall?

Very much so. We ship from just outside Exeter, Devon, UK (Alternatively you could buy direct from us at a UK convention where we have a stand (maybe Dragonmeet...). Where abouts are you based?

2 minutes ago, Joerg said:

Chaosium has a fulfillment center in the UK, so yes, they do ship from the UK. No idea how the shipping cost add up, though.

Today, I tried to order a physical copy of the Sourcebook to complete my pdf copy that I bought from Chaosium, but I found no easy way in the shop to convince the shop that the sale they made two years ago should be substracted from the price of the hardcover. I'll probably have to write an e-mail to the customer service, but the shop really ought to be able to track previous purchases without involving Dustin at every completed sale.

if you buy a PDF from us, shops won't discount you the cost of the PDF from their sale. If a shop is part of Bricks and Mortar, you will get the PDF free when you buy the physical book. If you buy the PDF from us before the physical book is printed, you get a voucher from us off the cost of buying the book from us (effectively the PDF is free).

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Very much so. We ship from just outside Exeter, Devon, UK (Alternatively you could buy direct from us at a UK convention where we have a stand (maybe Dragonmeet...). Where abouts are you based?

Birmingham! I'm old and ugly enough to travel though (once lockdown ends)

Cool, knowing that I'll go ahead and order the pdf for MOAR reading material.

Thanks for the help there :)

3 hours ago, Joerg said:

A couple of authors new to Glorantha, but possibly with Cthulhu authorship under their belt. There is a common theme in The Grey Hawk, The Rattling WInd and Crimson Petals...

Reveal hidden contents

That allows the antagonist to use its non-lethal 7Mothers rune magic like Madness or Panic rather than guaranteed mangling of PCs failing their dodge rolls.

Is there somewhere a list which author has done which adventure (also for The Smoking Ruin)?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Blindhamster said:

Birmingham! I'm old and ugly enough to travel though (once lockdown ends)

Whereabouts in Birmingham?

We have a RQ gaming group in Birmingham and have people from Hall Green, Great Barr and Walsall.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

12 minutes ago, soltakss said:

Whereabouts in Birmingham?

We have a RQ gaming group in Birmingham and have people from Hall Green, Great Barr and Walsall.

Other side of birmingham sadly. Northfield area, but i do (under normal circumstances) work in the city center too

9 hours ago, Joerg said:

The Coming Storm should be required reading for new authors, or at least a sample "how a clan is composed" primer taken from it. 

Hide contents

Except of course The Coming Storm is no longer Canon and the authors knowledge predates that reference. 

/gronard off

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Scotty said:

if you buy a PDF from us, shops won't discount you the cost of the PDF from their sale. If a shop is part of Bricks and Mortar, you will get the PDF free when you buy the physical book. If you buy the PDF from us before the physical book is printed, you get a voucher from us off the cost of buying the book from us (effectively the PDF is free).

By "shop" Joerg means the Chaosium online store, Scott.

7 hours ago, Joerg said:

Make doubly sure that the discount code you received by e-mail once the Glorantha Sourcebook hardover was published is the right one, @Joerg! I have never had any problem.

15 hours ago, AndreJarosch said:

Is there somewhere a list which author has done which adventure (also for The Smoking Ruin)?

Intro - me

The Pegasus Plateau - Steffie 
The Locaem - Jeff 
The Rattling Wind - Helena 
The Grey Crane and Renekot's Hope - John and myself 
Crimson Petals - Diana and Dom 
The Ruin on the Stream - Rachael 
Gloomwillow's Hollow - Jason B. 
The Pairing Stones - Steve 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Jason Durall said:

Intro - me

The Locaem - Jeff 

And the adventures in "The Smoking Ruin"?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jason Durall said:

Intro - me

The Locaem - Jeff 

Diana Probst & Dom Twist doesn´t get mentioned as authors on the credits page (nor the cover). 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AndreJarosch said:

Diana Probst & Dom Twist doesn´t get mentioned as authors on the credits page (nor the cover). 

An unfortunate oversight (due to some shifting of contents between this and another book) that has been noted and fixed. There'll be an update soon. 

• Like 5