Out now in PDF: The Pegasus Plateau and Other Stories

MOB

On 5/10/2020 at 9:03 AM, Thaz said:

Except of course The Coming Storm is no longer Canon and the authors knowledge predates that reference. 

/gronard off

Sorry to digress, but are you sure? 

The Red Cow Campaign is a current HQG campaign, published after the G2G. I would assume that the first book, The Coming Storm, is part of the contemporary canon for Glorantha...

Some of the artwork (not all) in the second book, The Elven Lights,  looks more consistent with the previous Saxon-like depictions of Orlanthi (like in the KoDP computer game), rather than the more contemporary Thracian look, but that's about it. YGWV and all that.

I would be surprised if the content is not current canon.

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

26 minutes ago, Mankcam said:

Sorry to digress, but are you sure? 

The Red Cow Campaign is a current HQG campaign, published after the G2G. I would assume that the first book, The Coming Storm, is part of the contemporary canon for Glorantha...

Some of the artwork (not all) in the second book, The Elven Lights,  looks more consistent with the previous Saxon-like depictions of Orlanthi (like in the KoDP computer game), rather than the more contemporary Thracian look, but that's about it. YGWV and all that.

I would be surprised if the content is not current canon.

It's absolutely Canon for HQG. However RQG is not HQC and the two are not in sync. It's been explicitly stated that the sources for RQG are published RQG works plus the Sourcebook and Guide Slipcase. The events and runes and cults described for HQG/HW/HQ are not for RQG. RQG does not pickup from where HQG left off not least because HQG aint done yet and will progress.  Kallyr dies at the Battle of the Queens, in RQG unless you wanna change that in your game. A whole bunch of runes dont exist in RQG unless you wanna change that in your game. A whole bunch of towns and cities mapped in HQ/HW/HQG will have be different in RQG unless you wanna change that in your game. Gunda the Guilty is different in RQG unless you wanna change that in your game. I mean your free to use those sources and YGMV. But dont expect The Coming Storm or Thunder Rebels et al to be used as canon in RQG. At least that's how I understand it. I speak now as a fellow fan. I have written for but am not of Chaosium. However Jason and Jeff have been pretty clear on this 

"RQG is its own line, a new interpretation of the setting based on prior versions but also incorporating previous unpublished materials from Greg and based on lengthy discussions with Greg and Jeff. Anyone expecting RQG and HQG to be completely synchronous will be sorely disappointed. " on t'other thread from Jason

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Blindhamster said:

That was a pretty inciteful first impressions read, have you done one for The Smoking Ruins?

No, I haven't. I've been waiting for the printing, to do a re-read, and to play at least one adventure before a full review.

The time between publication and printing is why I just started off with a first impressions article for The Pegasus Plateau. :D

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

14 minutes ago, Crel said:

No, I haven't. I've been waiting for the printing, to do a re-read, and to play at least one adventure before a full review.

The time between publication and printing is why I just started off with a first impressions article for The Pegasus Plateau. :D

sounds reasonable! hoping for my hardcopy of the smoking ruins in the next few weeks anyway! :D Anyway, i enjoyed the review!

4 hours ago, Runeblogger said:

I think this list was published before The Coming Storm came out:
https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/home/gloranthan-documents/glorantha-2/canon/

That was then. 😉 it might form the core of a list for HQG but I think Jason and Jeff have covered this for RQG. It's The Guide, The Sourcebook set and whats been published for RQG. 

On 5/10/2020 at 6:13 PM, Gamesmeister said:

Can I also say just how much I love the cover artwork of this book. In fact, the quality of artwork in the RiG books in general has been outstanding, hat's off to you guys for this.

Thank you!

• Like 2