Alephtar Games publishing schedule

RosenMcStern

Here is the schedule for the next products that will be released by Alephtar Games. I think most readers here will be interested in knowing about this.

1) BRP Rome Scenario pack (by Conall Kavanagh, Pete Nash, Ken Spencer) – Sep 2009

1bis) Merrie England: the Age of Eleanor (for Mongoose RuneQuest, by Simon Phipp) - Sep 2009

2) Dragon Lines (for BRP, by Charles Greene) – Fall 2009

3) Stupor Mundi: Crusaders of the Amber Coast (for Mongoose RuneQuest, by Paolo Guccione) – Fall 2009

4) BRP Mecha (by Paolo Guccione) – 2010

Products 2) and 3) could be delayed by some months. I am not sure about if and when we will publish a full, long-spanning campaign for Rome, but it is among our plans.

I also have a couple of BRP and MRQ submissions pending, and if we reach an agreement with the authors I will fit them into this schedule. If something in the above list is delayed, they could see the light in 2009.

As you can see, we are trying to support both BRP and RuneQuest. I would love to publish something for HeroQuest 2, too, but I have no materials at hand. So if anyone has a manuscript ready, just honk.

Edited by RosenMcStern

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

Never say impressive, Newt!

A new supplement is in the schedule: Merrie England, the Age of Eleanor. Author Simon Phipp (soltakss), it is about 12th and 13th century England, a more classic medieval setting than Stupor Mundi, it includes more in-depth rules for Christian magic, Judaism, Demonology, Alchemy and the like. It is for RuneQuest but as usual you can play it with BRP with little effort.

And before someone asks: yes, you can play Robin Hood!

Any plans of doing something in later period England? The War of the Roses-era is criminally under-represented in historical RPGs, I feel. It's the most exciting (and violent) period too.

Possibly, depending on how I get on with Merrie England.

I was planning on Wars of the Roses and Hundred Years War followups, probably after I retire in 20 years time, but I don't know a great deal about the history of that time.

The trouble with the Wars of the Roses is that it is pretty much a series of battles between warlords and there's not a lot of scope for other roleplaying, beyond the normal "go to an inn, hear about a ruined castle, go there" scenarios.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Possibly, depending on how I get on with Merrie England.

I was planning on Wars of the Roses and Hundred Years War followups, probably after I retire in 20 years time, but I don't know a great deal about the history of that time.

The trouble with the Wars of the Roses is that it is pretty much a series of battles between warlords and there's not a lot of scope for other roleplaying, beyond the normal "go to an inn, hear about a ruined castle, go there" scenarios.

Malory (at least, the period he wrote in)? Shakespeare's plays? Or failing that, Blackadder I?

Malory (at least, the period he wrote in)? Shakespeare's plays? Or failing that, Blackadder I?

the Paston Letters are quite revealing AND a primary source - the Wars of the Roses era is indeed ideal for a gaming.

Against a back drop of civil war you have enormous cultural change (Gutenberg's bible is released in 1455), social upheaval (the Wars of the Roses are as much a symptom of the death of Feudalism in England as anything) and the beginnings of radical religious change - the Wittenberg church door might lay claim to be the official beginning of the Reformation, but the later half of the fifteenth century across Europe foreshadows the schism in many ways. Not to mention the rising power of the merchants and trade guilds.

And all that's WITHOUT adding any supernatural or fantastical elements... Mind, I did steel weapon re-enactment in a Wars of the Roses group for ten years, so I'm a little biased... :P

Cheers,

Nick

Here is the schedule for the next products that will be released by Alephtar Games. I think most readers here will be interested in knowing about this.

1) BRP Rome Scenario pack (by Conall Kavanagh, Pete Nash, Ken Spencer) – Sep 2009

Tell us more! Blurb! Pagecount! :)

Are any of the authors except Pete members here?

SGL.

Edited by Trifletraxor

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

I, IndianaKen, am Ken Spencer. I have contributed one adventure to the Scenario Pack, and have another in progress.

And we've just talked too! [Failed INT roll]

I am the author of Dragon Lines, and I visit here frequently.

That I know! :) I was talking about the scenario pack.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

• 4 weeks later...

Update: Merrie England must be delayed till October, but we are still hoping to have the scenario pack ready for end of September.

I can now uncover more details about the scenario pack:

"Veni, vidi, vici", a collection of scenarios set at the end of the Republic

1. The Ransom - by Ken Spencer

2. The Promise - by Ken Spencer

3. The Sacrilege - by Pete Nash

4. The Landing - by Conall Kavanagh

• 3 weeks later...