Uz caravan on the march.

Desert Wind

One of the prophesies of the hero wars is that a great Uz caravan will travel between Halikiv and Guhan in Ralios all the to way to Dagori Inkarth in Dragon Pass. It looks like a big deal but the goal of the expedition seems vague. What will be the implication of this Uz reunion in the Dragon Pass region in the hero wars? Is it known if they are successful? 

It provides great opportunities in a campaign if the players plan Uz or humans as part of the Argan Argar Chain. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Franky Umathsson said:

One of the prophesies of the hero wars is that a great Uz caravan will travel between Halikiv and Guhan in Ralios all the to way to Dagori Inkarth in Dragon Pass. It looks like a big deal but the goal of the expedition seems vague. What will be the implication of this Uz reunion in the Dragon Pass region in the hero wars? Is it known if they are successful? 

It provides great opportunities in a campaign if the players plan Uz or humans as part of the Argan Argar Chain. 

Yes indeed, great question!

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

2 hours ago, Franky Umathsson said:

With the addition of Cragspider, her Great Uz and a black dragon, this will be quite a force!

They aren't on either Team Orlanth or Team Sedenya, but are the starting action for Team Kyger Litor, the third of four major players in the Hero Wars. This is all part of "feed the pregnant Eldest Mother", in order to end the curse of kin.

Let's just say that the end of the curse will make troll society as you know it disappear if the trolls are successful.

• Like 3

Telling how it is excessive verbis

3 hours ago, Scorus said:

This isn't the 1623 migration, is it?

Yeah, this sounds like it (GtG, p94, 183, and 385). Is that what you're talking about @Franky Umathsson ?

I am not sure what the trolls are up to, though...

8 minutes ago, Joerg said:

This is all part of "feed the pregnant Eldest Mother", in order to end the curse of kin.

Where can we find more on this?

• Like 1

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

16 minutes ago, lordabdul said:

Yeah, this sounds like it (GtG, p94, 183, and 385). Is that what you're talking about @Franky Umathsson ?

I am not sure what the trolls are up to, though...

Hi,

Yes this is about the migration of 1623. We do have some information in the Black dragon mountain Pictographs but nothing specific. I wondered in the past why there was not any Hero Wars prophesy about breaking the trollkin curse. And if it is broken then Team Kyger Litor is gonna run wild over Dragon Pass! 

1 hour ago, lordabdul said:
1 hour ago, Joerg said:

This is all part of "feed the pregnant Eldest Mother", in order to end the curse of kin.

Aw c’mon unca Joerg! Tell us everything!

Edited by Bill the barbarian

2 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Aw c’mon unca Joerg! Tell us everything!

Guide p.94 & 183: "Although the trolls do not speak of why they swarm, a persistent rumor terrifies all non-trolls: the Great Mother of Dagori Inkarth is pregnant and hungry."

Guide p.747: "Uzko pay obeisance to the Uzuz Eldest Kin of the Castle of Lead. The largest of the Eldest Kin is visibly pregnant."

Guide p.748: "In the Castle of Lead are Uzuz children. Dehori and other shadows roll out of the Castle of Lead. Men, Plant Men, and Stone Men tremble in fear."

Guide p.749: "Uz come out of their mountains and eat Men, Plant Men, Stone Men, and Water Men."

• Thanks 5

5 minutes ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

Is this pregnancy unprecedented since the Dawn? That's the vibe I'm getting from the text, but I'm not sure.

I had thought since the curse myself. But I am wondering now that you ask, you are referring to the birth of a Mistress Race Troll? Could it be since the God’s Wars or the Dawn as you postulate?

18 hours ago, Joerg said:

They aren't on either Team Orlanth or Team Sedenya, but are the starting action for Team Kyger Litor, the third of four major players in the Hero Wars. This is all part of "feed the pregnant Eldest Mother", in order to end the curse of kin.

Let's just say that the end of the curse will make troll society as you know it disappear if the trolls are successful.

Who's the 4th team?

2 hours ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

Is this pregnancy unprecedented since the Dawn? That's the vibe I'm getting from the text, but I'm not sure.

Yes, I believe so.  And the Uzuz are far more powerful than the dark trolls, and presumably unleashing the hordes of Hell (or at least parts of it).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, John Biles said:

I would presume the Aldryami with their big 'COVER THE EARTH IN TREES' plan.

But that's more worldwide, and you also have to include the Mostali and the merfolk and the Brithini at that level.

From the Dragon Pass view, though, those are less significant through much of the Hero Wars whereas the Castle of Lead, Cragspider, and the Mistress of the Trolls are right there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jajagappa said:

But that's more worldwide, and you also have to include the Mostali and the merfolk and the Brithini at that level.

From the Dragon Pass view, though, those are less significant through much of the Hero Wars whereas the Castle of Lead, Cragspider, and the Mistress of the Trolls are right there.

I guess the Ice Troll flood could be considered a "team" at a local DP level since their actions so devastatingly affect it. 

Otherwise there's the Pentans who apparently almost topple the Lunar Empire before Argrath comes into the picture properly. And maybe they make a return under Sheng, I forget. 

Speaking of which, there's Ralzakark and his upcoming Monster Empire, which would be considered another team I guess. 

The Seshnelans are probably too distant to count, even if they're a rival to the Lunars for a while.

Back when Hero Wars was released, Greg put out a scheme for the Hero Wars - there were the four main contestants, including Orlanth, Sedenya and Kyger Litor, there were the four directional lords (Malkion, Yelm, Vith, Pamalt) as stabilizing force, and there was the new Chaos prodigy from the East with its world-wide schemes.

Trying to recall whether there was a fourth non-Chaotic player (for given values of non-Chaotic, see Sedenya) or whether the fourth player was Chaos.

Looking at the Gods War game (which doesn't have the Eastern Pantheon), who is missing is Magasta and Sea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

I played this in a game with Greg at a Tentacles Con on the Rhine maybe 20 years ago, I think @Joergwas there too. I'm pretty sure that in Greg's notes (somewhere) that after reaching the castle lead, a stream continued into the Rubble.

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

19 hours ago, jajagappa said:

Speaking of Cragspider she is destined to have a major role since she is a demigoddess and high priestess of Arachne Solara. Much of what we know comes from her mountain pictographs however in the GoG it states that she was expelled by Unstanos son of Inkarne near the end of the Hero Wars. Or killed by him mentioned in King of Sartar. Any details on this event or Unstanos?

10 hours ago, Franky Umathsson said:

however in the GoG it states that she was expelled by Unstanos son of Inkarne near the end of the Hero Wars. Or killed by him mentioned in King of Sartar. Any details on this event or Unstanos?

I believe that's it for mentions.  However, IIRC Cragspider's caves later become the Library of Londarios in the 4th Age.