Where can I find John Wick's Super Simple Glorantha Game?

Akhôrahil

1 hour ago, Akhôrahil said:

Assuming it's publicly available.

In the super secret special insider club, as has always been the case at Chaosium.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

3 hours ago, DreadDomain said:

Can I ask what we are talking about?

Eight pages on running rules-light Gloranthan games, which John Wick shared with anyone who turned up to last week's ImpromptuCon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

Eight pages on running rules-light Gloranthan games, which John Wick shared with anyone who turned up to last week's ImpromptuCon.

Which is how you apparently get to be in the "Super Secret Insider Club" - show up to an event that someone promoted.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Jeff said:

Which is how you apparently get to be in the "Super Secret Insider Club" - show up to an event that someone promoted.

If we've learned anything by Brexiting, it's that the general public are the real elitists. (Those assholes!)

15 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

Would have been nice to know about it in advance though and I would have turned up. From what I can tell it was promoted on Facebook? Or did I miss a mention here?

Edited by d(sqrt(-1))

Always start what you finish.

"Impromptu con" was something thought up on Tuesday and launched on the following weekend. It was mainly talked about on Facebook. It was an event on Discord, and many of the events were thought up only a few days prior. I only got my two events added to the con the day before it went live on Saturday. The event was free. We didn't promote it heavily anywhere. We did it because it was fun, and it took very little time to organize and run. We'll probably do another one in a month or so.

NOTE: John wrote up his "super simple game" very recently. It's not like he has vowed to never let it see the light of day again. It's an incredibly rules light storytelling game.

• Like 5

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

12 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

"Impromptu con" was something thought up on Tuesday and launched on the following weekend. It was mainly talked about on Facebook. It was an event on Discord, and many of the events were thought up only a few days prior. I only got my two events added to the con the day before it went live on Saturday. The event was free. We didn't promote it heavily anywhere. We did it because it was fun, and it took very little time to organize and run. We'll probably do another one in a month or so.

NOTE: John wrote up his "super simple game" very recently. It's not like he has vowed to never let it see the light of day again. It's an incredibly rules light storytelling game.

I'm impressed that it went as well as it did with so little lead-up (from what I've heard.) Wish I could have made it! As for John's SSG, I was under the impression that it was just a really basic and quick intro to Glorantha and RQG - which I'd love to see (my own intro document is ... um.... not very brief. Ugh.) Didn't realize it was it's own game.

7 hours ago, Beoferret said:

I'm impressed that it went as well as it did with so little lead-up (from what I've heard.) Wish I could have made it! As for John's SSG, I was under the impression that it was just a really basic and quick intro to Glorantha and RQG - which I'd love to see (my own intro document is ... um.... not very brief. Ugh.) Didn't realize it was it's own game.

From what I gathered, it’s its own game, driven by Rune ratings and much more narrative than RQ.

13 hours ago, Beoferret said:

While it is an intro to Glorantha in that it is targeted at beginners, it wasn't meant to be an intro to RQG. The clue is in the title. It's definitely a storytelling game that is very rules light.

Hope that Helps,

18 minutes ago, Ian Absentia said:

We can understand the disappointment among those who missed out on the "impromptu" notice, though, yes?

This is so Ian, thanks, @Joergfor the shout out and a very helpful assist from a Chaosium Staffer to get one more friend in. Sorry to those who missed this nice gesture, I do not think there was any maliciousness in not having all attend. I believer Rick said they were flying by the seat of their pants and running with an untested idea.

But the response has been good and folk are interested. Hopefully the powers that be will look over all the and decide to run another!

Cheers

• Like 3

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

We've already decided we're going to do more "impromptu cons", although we don't know how often they will be. We think at least a few of them a year is very possible, even possibly one every few months. We'll see how it goes. Not to sound funny, but Covid has freed up a lot of our weekends since all in-person cons have been cancelled. Yes, we kind of made it up as we went along, and we hadn't done much of this sort of event on Discord before. Fortunately, most of what we tried worked pretty well. Our basic principles for future events like it are to keep them simple, keep them free, and to keep the schedule short. In many ways, the more complex and structured they become, the fewer and further between they are likely to be. 

One thing that I'd like to point out is that while we set up this last impromptu event, there are few to no barriers for other groups of people doing likewise. It's not like we used our own proprietary platform to run the event. Discord is free to all. Note that we can't commit any of the Chaosium team to attending such events, as that's for each of them to decide. That said there's no reason why others can't whip up an event and invite a few Chaosium people to attend. I'd happily attend a "Chaosium Collectors" event for a few hours on Discord if I was invited and it fit my schedule, especially my evening or weekend schedule.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

Hope that Helps,