Chalana Arroy in slavery

pittel

Hello Friends,

I was thinking about a desperated Morokanth band, who want to capture a Chalana Arroy. 

Slavery is common for Praxians and nothing bad or evil. How dangerous could it become for reasons like ethic, morale or reprisal to kidnap a healer of Chalana Arroy?

Any comments? 

Edited by pittel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If they are that desperate, perhaps one of their people is a Malia priest - who suggested the kidnapping. In which case the healer wouldn’t last long - they would need to kidnap another healer pretty soon after the first.

You don’t have to kidnap healers to seek their service. But an evil chaos traitor might convince desperate ill  people to do something stupid.

And a Morokanth maliant - who would see that coming? 😉

Edited by EricW

I'm not particularly well-versed in the nitty gritty of Praxian cults, but this seems like a discretionary issue more than a strictly dogmatic one, ie. if the relevant Sable leader believes this is enough of a problem for them, they will act to break her free or at the very least do some counter-raiding. If they don't, or if they suspect that the losses will be too high for whatever reason (maybe the main body of the clan she belonged to is located fairly far away and traveling to exact vengeance would be hazardous) then they won't. 

This seems like it's just up to you to decide, imho.

1 hour ago, pittel said:

My question is if Eiritha or Waha Cults will tolerate this?!

One of the things to keep in mind is what it means to make Chalana Arroy angry (i.e. you've kidnapped one of her priestesses)?  You've committed an act of Disorder (selfishly wanting healing all to yourselves), something opposite of Chalana Arroy's generosity and harmony.  So, what does she do?  She withdraws her blessings and protections from you.  That is, there's no one to protect and guard you from the Spirits of Disease that constantly lurk around.  Disease WILL strike you.  Even the healer you've kidnapped will only say that this is beyond her as you've offended her goddess.  Children get sick and die.  Adults are struck with ugly illnesses.  Maybe even the well water is contaminated.

So, no, I don't think the Eiritha and Waha cults will tolerate this.  They know what it means to displease the White Lady.

• Thanks 2

Just now, pittel said:

Very good point, thx. BTW the CA is a player character, so this is not my descision. I just want to get opinions how "legal" it is to "steal" a CA?!

I think more likely they would try to argue, bribe, offer gifts, or find other "encouragement" for the CA to go along.  Speak to her of their desperation, of the dread diseases that haunt them, etc. 

Ok, to go precisley, the CA-PC has a Waha, Storm Bull, Babeester Gor an Vinga Protector. "The story is to fail them". These Slavers dont ask thes sable-murders, they are desperate and for them it is easier to kidnap a healer. They dont bargain with this sable-bla...  😁

From praxian side it is ok to kidnap a CA?!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pittel said:

Ok, to go precisley, the CA-PC has a Waha, Storm Bull, Babeester Gor an Vinga Protector. "The story is to fail them". These Slavers dont ask thes sable-murders, they are desperate and for them it is easier to kidnap a healer. They dont bargain with this sable-bla...  😁

I don't see why not. The Lightbringers are invader deities, after all, and while they may be tolerated for being useful, they still are weird foreign cults.

The Praxians have no qualms about enslaving Eiritha initiates like Norayeep. Why should they have any qualms about enslaving some follower of a foreign cult from a hostile tribe?

Morokanth are notorious for being slavers. Not putting a captive into shackles would be disappointing.

Edited by Joerg

Telling how it is excessive verbis

6 hours ago, pittel said:

I was thinking about a desperated Morokanth band, who want to capture a Chalana Arroy. 

Sounds OK to me.

6 hours ago, pittel said:

Slavery is common for Praxians and nothing bad or evil. How dangerous could it become for reasons like ethic, morale or reprisal to kidnap a healer of Chalana Arroy?

Kidnapping a Chalana Arroy cultist is no worse than kidnapping anyone else.

She would have a ransom and might demand that they set her free and claim the ransom.

She might even threaten them with the withholding of Chalana Arroy's healing.

5 hours ago, Psullie said:

This would depend on who the healer was? As a valued member of a community, losing a healer would be a significant blow and retribution would be required. It's not what you steal, but who you steal from that counts!

agreed, a wandering Chalana Arroy Healer should be OK, even someone travelling from one temple to another is OK. Stealing a clan CA might upset the clan, but they might pay back her ransom and forget about it.

4 hours ago, pittel said:

Neither would care, I think.

According to the Cult Compendium, Chalana Arroy is friendly to both Eiritha and Waha, but Eiritha is friendly to Chalana Arroy and Waha is neutral to CA, so Eiritha might be unhappy about it.

I suppose it depends on the reason. Capture for ransom is fine. Capture to make a slave to heal the clan is fine, as it helps the clan. Capture to kill is probably not fine.

3 hours ago, pittel said:

Thx, this is what I want. it is ok to kidnap a CA, if you dont hurt her.

Yes, it probably is.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Ooh, even better, what if the CA cultist, seeing the pitiful state of the Morokanth, agrees to stay of her own free will after she’s captured? The Merciful Goddess is, well, merciful after all. Plus it’s a chance to possibly heal them of Malia’s influence if she can win the hearts and minds of her captors. 

That’d throw a real wrench in any rescue mission. 

14 hours ago, pittel said:

I consider that is taboo. I may be wrong.

my logic is :

Hurting a CA cultist is taboo.

the slave CA cannot decide to heal or no to heal (if she has free will, is she a slave ?)

the slave CA cannot go elsewhere (if she can move freely, is she a slave ?).

If I were a GM, any storm buller (and probably some others) seeing a CA slave would fight  (int < 12) or at least ask what bad thing she did to become slave. Not convinced, means death.

49 minutes ago, pittel said:

The Herdemen suffering a disease spirit, which not attack the Morokanth, and they need a potent healer. They dont want to ask these Sable-Scum, so they "steal" the healer...

I would say the healer would be perfectly fine with being brought back in supposed slavery to heal the herd-men. After that, she might expect to be released or at least ransomed, and it's going to be pretty hard to keep someone enslaved if violence is out of the question... non-violent solutions work a lot better if you yourself can't be subjected to violence either.

• Haha 1

On 2/23/2021 at 4:44 AM, pittel said:

I dont want to make them chaos. Yes a Chalana Arroy would help them without question, however, they dont want to ask these stinky-sable-riders.

I think the kidnapping would have to be benign, in the sense of quickly demonstrating a need so dire there was no time for explanations, followed by immediate release and voluntary cooperation.

But then the question is, why is the need so dire? I think the only reasonable explanation which might be accepted would be a plague outbreak, an situation which threatens all of Prax.

And if you have plague, somewhere nearby is a Malia hero who quested to bring the plague into the world.

19 hours ago, Ladygolem said:

Since the disease is affecting herdmen, not people, shouldn't this be within the purview of an Eirithia priestess?

Yes, I thought about it. Herdmen are Men, turned into beast because the Morokanth cheated. So technically a men-based-disease will affect men, mythological herdmen should be affected by a beast-disease. Ok, it is chaos anyway, so I decided humans in any form are affected by this newly created disease.

And yes, it is the work of a powerful Mallia Shamaness and the Player Chalana Arroy will the hero to handle this, with her bodyguards. I always planned to kick a CA in the  center of the story to make her more as the typical war-medic.

BTW this campaign-idea is many years old and has nothing to do with the current situation  🙂 , however, to run it is linked to the fact we have nothing to do better than online gaming.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2021 at 2:01 AM, ZedAlpha said:

Ooh, even better, what if the CA cultist, seeing the pitiful state of the Morokanth, agrees to stay of her own free will after she’s captured? The Merciful Goddess is, well, merciful after all. Plus it’s a chance to possibly heal them of Malia’s influence if she can win the hearts and minds of her captors. 

That’d throw a real wrench in any rescue mission. 

YES, that´s all about it, she dont want to be rescued 🙂

However, it is a PC...

56 minutes ago, pittel said:

YES, that´s all about it, she dont want to be rescued 🙂

However, it is a PC...

Even better, give her a chance to actually win the hearts and minds of the Morokanth in question, who suddenly get all overprotective of “their” healer. The PCs might not have to fight their way through an entire clan of angry tapir-men if they can convince them that they won’t hurt their clan’s new best friend. And hey, if they pull it off correctly, they’ve got future allies, fanatically dedicated to keeping that PC safe.