BRP Hardcover

kaddawang

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm seeing it in my Twitter homepage stream (from 3 hours ago) but it's not showing up in the big list o' tweets at their actual Twitter page (http://twitter.com/#!/Ab_Chaosium). I don't know what, if anything, that means. But it's odd and vaguely dampens my excitement about it. The tweet lists an early 2011 release, though, which if true would be right cool indeed.

75/420

---

Geek blogging at http://strangestones.com

Thanks for posting this. I was close to buying a copy of the gold book since my zero edition needs to be shelved soon. That coupled with Rosen's announcement about the China book make me think I'll put off ordering until next spring's sale and grab both at the same time.

I realize this is somewhat off topic, but any news about Pedro's Iceland book? It'd be nice to snag all three simultaneously.

121/420

Was there anything in the tweet about incorporating the errata, clarifying the things that have been confusing people, etc.? In not, I'll probably wait for a new edition, myself.

"Tell me what you found, not what you lost" Mesopotamian proverb

Was there anything in the tweet about incorporating the errata, clarifying the things that have been confusing people, etc.? In not, I'll probably wait for a new edition, myself.

Nope. Nothing to that effect was included in the tweet. But my fingers are crossed that the errata makes it in.

75/420

---

Geek blogging at http://strangestones.com

They should make a good GM screen that includes all the relevant tables and bundle it with the hardback. Could sell alot of books that way.

Hmm - GM's screen is a cracking idea, and an optional bundle of the new hardback and screen might well be a cool promotional gimmick. What they really need however is more stuff like Chronicles of Future Earth, Devil's Gulch, Rome, Dragon Lines etc Normal distribution books that can sit on the FLGS shelf next to the core book...

Still, the hard back is clear vote of confidence in BRP sales from Chaosium, so I'm looking forward to it and do hope they include the errrata.

Cheers,

Nick

I was referring to the ratio of mono vs. full products that are being published now. THAT has changed.

Are you referring to Chaosium products or are you including 3rd party publishers ?

Chaosium has the BGB, Devil's Gultch and Trollslayer as full products ( not including Superworld or Nephilism )

There are approx 20 monographs depending on what you include.

Then there are the fine Alephtar and Cubicle 7 products.

Before Devil's Gultch came out the ratio was about 1:10 now that Devil's Gultch is out it is about 3:20 . So that is a drastic change in the ratio.

If you include 3rd party stuff the ratio is more like 1:2 which is a huge difference.

It is good to see, even if some people would like to see it change faster.

I use  fantasygrounds.com

Unfortunately, I cannot release BRP Mecha yet. It would be a great promotion to have something hard sci-fi to go with BRP alongside the usual fantasy and historical. But playtest is only 25% complete, and some rules need further elaboration.

BRP Mecha is Hard Sci-Fi? Interesting.... Does it come with a setting? Near Future or Far?

"Tell me what you found, not what you lost" Mesopotamian proverb

Are you referring to Chaosium products or are you including 3rd party publishers ?

Chaosium has the BGB, Devil's Gultch and Trollslayer as full products ( not including Superworld or Nephilism )

Chronicles of the Future Earth is coming, and it is a full book. And Classic Fantasy will become a full product, too.

Of course, if you mention and include Alephtar products in the list, I will not complain :)

BRP Mecha is Hard Sci-Fi? Interesting.... Does it come with a setting? Near Future or Far?

No, just a lot of gadgets for ships and robots. It is a tool, not a complete setting.

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

• 2 weeks later...

I'm of mixed emotions about this.

Notably that I adore nice hardcovers, but I'd already managed to get:

• Sandy Petersen
  • Steve Perrin
  • Charlie Krank
  • Ken St. Andre

...to autograph my soft cover first printing! And I kept meaning to send it off to Greg and Jason to get them to do the same.

Guess I'll keep going with the autographs my softcover and just use it to make people jealous. And then get the hardcover for playing with.

Please don't contact me with Chaosium questions. I'm no longer associated with the company, and have no idea what the new management is doing.

I would love to pick up a hardcover BRP. My only concern is where from though. I'm just concerned about all the hoo-ha Chaosium had about their online ordering system being vunerable, after I purchased the hardback Masks of Nyarlathotep. I dind't have anything taken from my account (so far), but it's a real concern. As it was, a hardback BRP would be an auto-purchase. I would also wait and see if they did a new edition of Call of Cthulhu towards the end of the year (they may surprise us) - but again, how can I order things securely?

I would love to pick up a hardcover BRP. My only concern is where from though. I'm just concerned about all the hoo-ha Chaosium had about their online ordering system being vunerable, after I purchased the hardback Masks of Nyarlathotep. I dind't have anything taken from my account (so far), but it's a real concern. As it was, a hardback BRP would be an auto-purchase. I would also wait and see if they did a new edition of Call of Cthulhu towards the end of the year (they may surprise us) - but again, how can I order things securely?

PayPal.

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.