The Open Seas ritual was a success...

MOB

1 hour ago, Mankcam said:

ok cool, yeah I see now

Initially I thought I missed some kind of earlybird offer

If you bought the original PDF when it was offered, you got in on the "earlybird offer".  🙂

I believe Chaosium is holding all the arrivals in their respective distribution centers, not available for sale, until all distribution centers have stock... 

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 8/23/2018 at 3:21 AM, PhilHibbs said:

I think I found a moonboat: 

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:308953/zoom:10

*Update* At the time of posting it was in the middle of Spain, nowhere near a river. Probably a GPS glitch or an extrapolation.

The info is most-likely correct, not a glitch.    🙂  We'll let the moonboat hypothesis stand, for the nonce...

C'es ne pas un .sig

50 minutes ago, styopa said:

It's a private sailboat; not impossible that it was on a trailer, and they left the GPS transponder on?

Trust @styopa to shoot down a perfectly good moonboat!  😉

12m=39' is one of the classic sailboat sizes.  With the transponder on, friends & relatives can have fun tracking it; or the owner, if it's on lease/loan; etc.  Or (as noted) somebody just forgot ...  

C'es ne pas un .sig

18 hours ago, g33k said:

If you bought the original PDF when it was offered, you got in on the "earlybird offer".  🙂

Yep as soon as the PDF was for sale at Chaosium I purchased it, wild horses couldn't hold me back!

Although I never give them a good read until I have a hardcopy. RQG will be great to finally have in my hands 😀

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

Although this sounds just like the opening of a Call of Cthulhu one-shot, we're reasonably confident this isn't the ship delivering the new RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha...

179250655_ScreenShot2018-09-02at6_48_05am.png.99c5185ba7021faee597c4e9a2e60bda.png

Edited by MOB
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, PhilHibbs said:

The Marco Polo link in the first post now takes you to the middle of Morocco... 😲

This is a little more reassuring: https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:199690/zoom:10

That Morocco result was some sort of glitch.  I just went back to the link, and it returns results identical to the one you gave (south of the Isle of Wight, tracking to pass to the east and curve 'round to Southampton).

Soon.

Soon.

C'es ne pas un .sig

1 hour ago, nclarke said:

At lest two weeks to clear customs and get to the warehouse so plan on using your end of September paycheck.

Hopefully quicker (this is from a company that Ideal with's website)

How Long Does Customs Clearance Usually Take?

Customs clearance normally takes a matter of minutes or hours but it can take days or even weeks if there’s something wrong or your goods need to be inspected.  We generally say that from your goods landing in the UK you’ll have them delivered to your door in about 7 days and the customs clearance is only a fraction of that time.

Once it gets to the distributer, it just needs to go on sale on the web store, then fulfilment is quick.

Edited by David Scott

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

10 hours ago, David Scott said:

Hopefully quicker (this is from a company that Ideal with's website)

Once it gets to the distributer, it just needs to go on sale on the web store, then fulfilment is quick.

If the UK is like the US, it can - and usually does - actually clear customs before it's available.  You can start that process 48 hours before physical arrival.  Clearance takes minutes, usually.

Exams are rare - maybe 5-6% of inbounds from non-usual importer/shipper combinations unless there's some other suspicious factor.

That assertion - it'll be delivered withing about 7 days of arrival - is a safe one.  In the UK, I'd even probably estimate lower, maybe 5d.

On 9/4/2018 at 12:45 AM, Ali the Helering said:

I think there's a simple basis for bending of light over the Gloranthan ocean -

Magasta's Pool doesn't only affect water.

I like that! It makes Magasta's Pool resemble a Black Hole, and all the more terrifying for it

On 8/31/2018 at 12:31 AM, g33k said:

You can still avail yourself of that offer right now: buy the PDF and you'll get the full cost of the PDF off the price of the physical book from Chaosium.com.

On 8/31/2018 at 12:31 AM, g33k said:

I believe Chaosium is holding all the arrivals in their respective distribution centers, not available for sale, until all distribution centers have stock... 

Correct. The US ship landed some time, and the UK ship recently. The Australian ship is due to dock in Sydney on Saturday (with previous shipments the Australian ship was the first to arrive, maybe this one disappeared into a space-time vortext off R'lyeh for a few weeks)

• Like 1

Having sailed close by R'lyeh and the cyclopean ruins of Nan Madol, the XIN QING DAO is now steaming towards Botany Bay, bringing its cargo of RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha. It is due to arrive tomorrow evening. This means we are on target to have RQG available from all three fulfilment locations (USA, UK, Australia) sooner rather than later this month.

777873707_ScreenShot2018-09-07at9_05_34pm.png.0567dc5779aecb35f080e76d1d72e506.png

Edited by MOB
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, MOB said:

Having sailed close by R'lyeh and the cyclopean ruins of Nan Madol, the XIN QING DAO is now steaming towards Botany Bay, bringing its cargo of RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha. It is due to arrive tomorrow evening. This means we are on target to have RQG available from all three fulfilment locations (USA, UK, Australia) sooner rather than later this month.

Great to hear! We are eager to get our hands on the printed books.

On 9/7/2018 at 4:41 AM, MOB said:

... the XIN QING DAO is ... due to arrive tomorrow evening.

<drip, drip, drip>

Ignore the fanged monstrosity drooling behind the curtain.

but...

Are there any news?  Is there even ONE new?

TYVM

C'es ne pas un .sig

4 hours ago, g33k said:

<drip, drip, drip>

Ignore the fanged monstrosity drooling behind the curtain.

but...

Are there any news?  Is there even ONE new?

TYVM

The XIN QING DAO has left Sydney, it was docked there yesterday when I checked. So presumably it has unloaded the books, unless it's been hijacked and sailed out to sea to engage in jolly piracy or dark rituals. Or dark piracy and jolly rituals.

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:554731/zoom:10

image.png.fa71e77819e5974c7ba868ed5c26a149.png