Leika's Runepool

Goldennose

3 minutes ago, Caras said:

In GM Screen Pack Leika has two Runepools. One for Orlanth Adventurous/ Orlanth Rex. And it has 16 Runepoints. But she has other for Vinga. And that has 12 points. Is this ok? Ain't Vinga and Adventurous the same thing? Those should be in same pool? Or what? Or is it just an error in the book?

According to what I've been told, Vinga and Adventurous are going to be seperate cults/subcults of Orlanth once the GoG hits.

1 hour ago, PhilHibbs said:

So you can be in both, and have up to your CHA rune point limit in both? That's a neat way around the limit!

Follow-up question: if you have the same spell from two different RP pools, can you stack points from those pools together?

(My gut reaction is no, stoppit you munchkin-ing schmuck.)

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

3 hours ago, Crel said:

Follow-up question: if you have the same spell from two different RP pools, can you stack points from those pools together?

I don't see why not, in RQ3 you could stack the same spell bought from different gods, provided it's stackable of course.

57 minutes ago, D said:

I don't see why not, in RQ3 you could stack the same spell bought from different gods, provided it's stackable of course.

Rune Points change the dynamics a lot though. I don't think you should be able to stack across rune pools. What rune would you use for "common" spells if the two cults had no runes in common, for example? You should not be able to use Humakt rune points with the Air rune.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Crel said:

Yes, Shield is Shield is Shield, no matter who it comes from. If you had Shield 2 from Orlanth and Shield 2 from Storm Bull, for example (no idea if they both grant Shield and not bothering to look it up) then you could cast Shield 4. That's how we always played it.

It doesn't really work for Divination or Divine Intervention, if that is still a spell, so they wouldn't stack, in my opinion.

Edited by soltakss
  • Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

1 hour ago, soltakss said:

Yes, Shield is Shield is Shield, no matter who it comes from. If you had Shield 2 from Orlanth and Shield 2 from Storm Bull, for example (no idea if they both grant Shield and not bothering to look it up) then you could cast Shield 4. That's how we always played it.

It doesn't really work for Divination or Divine Intervention, if that is still a spell, so they wouldn't stack, in my opinion.

It worked in RQ2 and RQ3 but I don't think it works in RQG. Could you use your Beast Rune to cast Orlanth's Shield spell? I'd say not. But the main difference is in RQ3 you might have 2 points of Shield from Orlanth, and 1 from Storm Bull, so adding them up to get 3 points is not over the top. But in RQG you might have 4 Orlanth RP and 3 with Storm Bull, so you can easily cast Shield 3 with either; pooling would let you cast Shield 9, or Shield 4 for a year.

I feel like the simplest answer is just that an adventurer can only cast a spell from one pool's points. You've got to choose to channel Orlanth's power, or Odayla's power, or Ernalda's power, etc. It's not about his knowledge of spells, but about who's giving the spell to the adventurer. At least, that's the explanation I'd roll with for that ruling.

I'd include this for casting the oddly stackable spells too. No stacking Extension from Ernalda and Shield from Orlanth. Everything in a spell has to come from the same god because you can't cross the streams, mix the divine mojo, etc. Though maybe the God Learners could...

• Like 2

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

On 9/23/2018 at 5:11 AM, Jeff said:

Actually that was a typo which has now been fixed. Thanks!

Are Vinga and Adventurous going to be separate subcults in the GoG? I heard something about that but considering what's been said in this topic I'm not sure if that's accurate anymore.

I could see the merging of spells from separate runepools being a nice side-benefit of Issaries:  if the merchant has spell-traded for two spells that COULD be cast together IF they came from the same runepools, then by virtue of passing thru Issaries' remit they CAN be cast together.

Including if Issaries sells the combo onward to another customer.

YGMV

Edited by g33k
  • Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 9/23/2018 at 4:53 AM, Jeff said:

We give out dates when we are ready to give out dates. Not before.

Do you have a date on when you'll be ready to give out dates?

Better yet, can you define when "not before" is, perhaps with dates?  Such as "We will give out the date when we are ready and not before (date)?"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pentallion said:

Do you have a date on when you'll be ready to give out dates?

Better yet, can you define when "not before" is, perhaps with dates?  Such as "We will give out the date when we are ready and not before (date)?"

Yeah, you tell 'im!

I'd like to know 'cos I have a voucher that expires at end Oct, so I'd like to know if I should spend it now or wait for more stuff to come out...

Always start what you finish.