Jump to content
Mankcam

RQG 3 Book Slipcase Pre-sale?

Recommended Posts

Take that up with whoever is offering it on eBay, it's nothing to do with Chaosium.

Please note, however, that I'm just some guy on the forum, this isn't an official answer.

Edited by PhilHibbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mankcam said:

Is this up for Pre-Sale? 

Confused...

This guy has stuff up for pre-sale before it's released. Look at his complaints page:

https://feedback.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=brapsmagic&myworld=true&items=25&iid=-1&de=off&which=negative&interval=365

Search for presale.

It's an interesting business model...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mankcam said:

Remember, anyone can (try to) sell ANYTHING on e-bay.  Specific items get forbidden (illegal drugs, souls, weapons-grade plutonium, etc), but it's generally a "caveat emptor" kinda place... and TOTALLY not a Chaosium venue.

Edited by g33k
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chaosium does not do "pre-orders" or pre-sales". Other than our boardgame Kickstarters, we don't take your money before a product is in the warehouses and ready to ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

Chaosium does not do "pre-orders" or pre-sales". Other than our boardgame Kickstarters, we don't take your money before a product is in the warehouses and ready to ship.

Yes, that's what I thought Rick, thanks for your reply.

Good, I just wanted some clarification 😊

Edited by Mankcam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, David Scott said:

This guy has stuff up for pre-sale before it's released....It's an interesting business model...

To say the least. Lots of unhappy customers dropping comments as well.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The books are still being printed and collated. We will announce when they are on the boats and we have an estimated arrival date to our warehouses.

The MSRP for the full slipcase set is $119.99. We have no control over when/if any store (physical or internet) orders our products.

I would imagine that distribution won't order the books until at least late February, so I doubt that eBay pre-order seller will have their stock before March or possibly April.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update. By the  way, as far as I now, Gamemaster Screen Pack & Glorantha Bestiary pdfs have not been updated with corrected ones (those sent to printer) on Chaosium site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

The books are still being printed and collated. We will announce when they are on the boats and we have an estimated arrival date to our warehouses.

The MSRP for the full slipcase set is $119.99. We have no control over when/if any store (physical or internet) orders our products.

I would imagine that distribution won't order the books until at least late February, so I doubt that eBay pre-order seller will have their stock before March or possibly April.

 

Will the slipcase contain a second printing of the basic rulebook i.e. with errata amended?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

The second printing of the rulebook has numerous small corrections made to the text.

But if someone orders the full slipcase set, does it automatically come with this 2nd printing?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The RQG slipcase set only has the second printing of the Rulebook in it. All the first printing is pretty close to sold out globally, regardless.

Each of the items in the slipcase set will be sold separately. The Leatherette slipcase set items will also be sold separately.

That has been the plan since the beginning, and has not changed since we first announced the slipcase set had gone to the printers.

The empty slipcase will exclusively be sold on Chaosium.com for a while, but possibly not long term, depending on how quickly it sells out.

We do not expect FLGS to sell "partial" slipcase sets. They can sell the individual items of course. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Rick,

Thanks for all the info so far.

Do you know what the cost will be for the slipcase set? (The base price. I've bought PDFs so I will use my coupons against the base cost, of course.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

Regular Slipcase set will be $119.99.

I bought the PDFs of each of the Core Rules, Bestiary and Gamemaster's pack (from the Chaosium site). I wasn't able to get the physical copy of the corerules (out of stock), but would each of these PDF purchases be discounted from the cost of the whole slipcase? Or would I have to purchase each physical book separately?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I understand it, if you bought the PDFs from Chaosium, you should get an emailed coupon for when the books are available which will discount the cost of the PDF from the price of the physical copy.

Chaosium has stated in other threads that these coupons can also be applied to the cost of the slipcase, with each coupon a person has applied to the slipcase set.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2018 at 11:54 AM, Rick Meints said:

The RQG slipcase set only has the second printing of the Rulebook in it. All the first printing is pretty close to sold out globally, regardless.

Each of the items in the slipcase set will be sold separately. The Leatherette slipcase set items will also be sold separately.

That has been the plan since the beginning, and has not changed since we first announced the slipcase set had gone to the printers.

The empty slipcase will exclusively be sold on Chaosium.com for a while, but possibly not long term, depending on how quickly it sells out.

We do not expect FLGS to sell "partial" slipcase sets. They can sell the individual items of course. 

Thanks Rick.

Any chance for those of us who bought the first printing, that there might be a "1st-to-2nd" PDF that (for example) might offer printable, formatted pages to 'drop into' our current books to carry the changes?  I realize formatting, etc likely all cascaded through the book so it's not as simple as gluing a new page 75 atop the old page 75, but I'm thinking of maybe a "print both sides of this page to drop into your book between pages 75-76, as it carries errata for the previous chapter" or something?

Obviously, my point is to try to get all the fixes between 1st and 2nd cogently and usefully into my book.

If you don't have the time/editing resources for this, if you even have a single clear PDF that says "here are the specific updates from 1.ed to 2.ed" I'd be happy to put something like I'm suggesting together for you.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, styopa said:

Thanks Rick.

Any chance for those of us who bought the first printing, that there might be a "1st-to-2nd" PDF that (for example) might offer printable, formatted pages to 'drop into' our current books to carry the changes?  I realize formatting, etc likely all cascaded through the book so it's not as simple as gluing a new page 75 atop the old page 75, but I'm thinking of maybe a "print both sides of this page to drop into your book between pages 75-76, as it carries errata for the previous chapter" or something?

Obviously, my point is to try to get all the fixes between 1st and 2nd cogently and usefully into my book.

If you don't have the time/editing resources for this, if you even have a single clear PDF that says "here are the specific updates from 1.ed to 2.ed" I'd be happy to put something like I'm suggesting together for you.

Thanks!

Yes pleased to see many of the clarifications in the latest RQG PDF. Be handy to have an official errata including them for those of us with first printings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Paid a bod yn dwp said:

Yes pleased to see many of the clarifications in the latest RQG PDF. Be handy to have an official errata including them for those of us with first printings. 

Jason and I are planning to put one together soon. But we have a lot in our INBOX right now. :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...