An advance look at the RuneQuest slipcase

MOB

Our Australian convention coordinator Andrew just happened to be at Chaosium's Melbourne HQ when a special air-mailed package arrived!

This is an advance look at what is coming by ship, arriving soon in our warehouses in the USA, UK and Australia.

• Like 11

Looks VERY nice. I'll probably be ordering that as soon as it becomes available.

Hey. Given that I'm still waiting for the copy of RQ:G that I ordered back in Sept last year to arrive (waiting for stock to arrive at Aetherworks apparently), would it be possible to 'trade' that order in for credit toward the slipcase set? Otherwise I'm going to end up with 2 copies of RQ:G. Who would I contact to discus that?

Edit: Durp. I have an Australia post tracking number that says "delivered". I must be sitting around home here somewhere - all these months. Gota find it now.

Edited by Nevun
update

That looks Very good. Will it be easy for those of us with PDF’s of the GM pack, and bestiary to apply the pdf discount onto to this? 

I’ve already got RQG core in hard copy. Half tempted to buy again for the updated printing...but by no means essential. Slight discount could push me over into the buy again category :)  

Seriously this looks excellent. 

3 hours ago, Nevun said:

Hey. Given that I'm still waiting for the copy of RQ:G that I ordered back in Sept last year to arrive (waiting for stock to arrive at Aetherworks apparently), would it be possible to 'trade' that order in for credit toward the slipcase set? Otherwise I'm going to end up with 2 copies of RQ:G. Who would I contact to discus that?

Email Dustin - customerservice@chaosium.com

1 hour ago, Sid Vicarious said:

I have the hardcover of the core book, and pdfs of the bestiary and screen/adventure book, all bought from Chaosium.com. l expect to get the physical versions once they are available . Can the slipcase be purchased seperately to round out the set piecemeal?

If you already own the RQG core rulebook you will be able to buy an empty slipcase and also order the Bestiary and GM Pack to complete the set. For a limited time this will be available at a special bundled price.

If you have purchased the PDFs of the Bestiary and the GM Pack, you will receive coupons for the full price of these PDFs off the cost of the printed books.

The first printing of the core rulebook is sold out. The second printing of the rulebook features many corrections as well as brighter artwork.

Edited by MOB
  • Like 7

The Leatherette bound version of the Rulebook and the Bestiary, sold separately, or in a slipcase, will be sold at the same time as the regular hardcover books and slipcase set.

Please NOTE: Empty slipcases and partial slipcase sets (Bestiary and GM Screen pack with a slipcase) will not be sold through distribution. Those items will only be available on Chaosium.com. Retail stores will have the full slipcase set, plus the rulebook, bestiary, and GM screen pack for individual purchase.

• Like 1

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

10 hours ago, MOB said:

If you already own the RQG core rulebook you will be able to buy an empty slipcase and also order the Bestiary and GM Pack to complete the set. For a limited time this will be available at a special bundled price.

If you have purchased the PDFs of the Bestiary and the GM Pack, you will receive coupons for the full price of these PDFs off the cost of the printed books.

This is pretty much what I wanted to hear. Thanks.

7 hours ago, Sid Vicarious said:

This is pretty much what I wanted to hear. Thanks.

Based on the lightened artwork and the errata, I'm gonna spring for the entire (filled) slipcase, even though I bought the core book when it first came out.

I figure the older book can circulate at the table during char-gen.

I don't THINK there are many changes there...?

C'es ne pas un .sig

18 hours ago, g33k said:

Based on the lightened artwork and the errata, I'm gonna spring for the entire (filled) slipcase, even though I bought the core book when it first came out.

That's not a bad idea, but I don't think I'd shell out for an new physical copy of the core book  unless the discount token for the first printing would apply to the second printing as well. Is that the case?

Are they ever going to have a slipcase set with the Runequest AND Glorantha books TOGETHER (in a single case)... in Leatherette.  😁 

And could Chaosium maybe... just maybe... put a copy out with a 16" X 24" page size format (with big print because I'm getting old) and a gilded bronze hardcover complete with dual leather straps, bronze or brass buckles, and a red silk bookmarker so I can rest a copy of RUNEQUEST on a podium in my game room like it was a giant Gutenberg Bible?😎

2 hours ago, olskool said:

And could Chaosium maybe... just maybe... put a copy out with a 16" X 24" page size format (with big print because I'm getting old) and a gilded bronze hardcover complete with dual leather straps, bronze or brass buckles, and a red silk bookmarker so I can rest a copy of RUNEQUEST on a podium in my game room like it was a giant Gutenberg Bible?😎

If you buy from Chaosium, you have the PDF.

Just POD it through Lulu / etc with the requisite upgrades... I'm sure ONE of those services can handle your order ...  can't they?    😋

C'es ne pas un .sig

15 hours ago, olskool said:

Are they ever going to have a slipcase set with the Runequest AND Glorantha books TOGETHER (in a single case)... in Leatherette.  😁 

I plan to do something like this with the Guide, which has already the size for being used as a set of very impressive tomes ... 😎

16 hours ago, olskool said:

It needs a 4' tall one of these as well. Anyone have a big enough 3D printer? https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/plant/other/lectern--2

Actually, when I received the glorantha books and felt their weight, since my brother was dismantling his roof to replace it, I took a few pieces of wood and started this :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c-JqTR52XV_X_euCxwnnSUo27EBtE8S5FA/view?usp=sharing

I still need to build a tiltable table on top to rest the book on.

Those books are too heavy to be read comfortably, and my eyes are too bad now to read them on an untilted table.

• Like 4

• 6 months later...
16 minutes ago, kirinyaga said:

I think I may have gone oversize 😁 The glorantha books look tiny on it ahaha.

May I suggest the Guide to Glorantha volumes one and two as well as the slipcase. Together these should suffice to make overlarge lecterns look more their size.

Plus in case of Zombie Apocalypse any of the fine tomes (and slipcovers) can be used as personal defence systems (with blood shedding dust cover included free). Remember head shots, only!

Order now and receive an authentic Lectern replica and an authentic Holy Hand-grenade of Antioch, absolutely free!

• Like 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!