RUNEQUEST is available for purchase NOW!

MOB

1 hour ago, seneschal said:

My local store has a lone copy of the RQ2 reprint but says the new version is sold out from any warehouse they can buy from.

I don't know where you live, so I can't comment on local availability. Every distributor we work with has been ordering the RQG core books from us, along with full slipcase sets. Alliance, ACD, and several others distribute it in the US. Golden and Lion Rampant distribute in Canada, Asmodee covers all of Europe and Aetherworks distributes it in Australia and New Zealand. All of those distributors order it on a very regular basis, some order from us every few weeks. To say more I would have to know where your local store is located.

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

On 4/28/2019 at 4:21 PM, Rick Meints said:

It's always available in Michigan because I always have copies at my house. 🙂

Lol, that I know you A^2 resident.  But it didn't make it's way East to the Metro Detroit area until last Wednesday!

I just want to know when the Glorantha museum opens it doors there?  :D

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 8:31 AM, PhilHibbs said:

I just checked and there is at least one correction that is in the printed GM pack that is not yet in the PDF.

(That's the one that gave a -20 on a successful augment.)

That raises another question - will we see a new PDF soon, and a re-opening of the errata threads?

Sorry Phil, I had forgottent that I already asked the question and you already answered...

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 6:25 PM, Jeff said:

This is it gang! If you don't have the RQ Core Rules, the Bestiary, and the GM Pack and Adventures Book what precisely are you doing on this forum? :D

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 7:20 AM, BWP said:

Playing older, better versions of the game?

Actually, still saving my sheckels to buy the books.  Spare cash is at a premium these days, unfortunately.

Still playing RQ3 are you :)? (Just to be clear, it's a joke and it is not intended to offend anyone. I believe RQG is pretty fantastic in a way RQ3 was not. I just miss my RQ3 days)

On my side, I have the PDFs of all three and I will buy the physical books (with the slipcase if still available when I make the jump). I am only still on the fence because I wonder if I shouldn't wait for the 3rd printing as there seems to be quite a few typos and clarifications still to add. I say that qualitatively. I have not tried to quantify if my statement is even true but just reading the discussions on the board leads me to that conclusion.

Of course there is a diminish return rate on my patience and I would not wait for a mythical 4th printing no matter what and since there is no telling if 3rd printing is months away or years away, I might eventually cave in and go for the 2nd printing. 

• 2 weeks later...

RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha makes its first steps in french.

The baby looks very promising. I am usually very disappointed by the french translations, especially when it comes to Glorantha, and this one seems rather good (yes, it's me saying that, it feels as if someone else had written that).

IMG_0129.JPG

Edited by Corvantir
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I should soon start to have enough filthy lucre to get physical copies of the current RuneQuest / Glorantha books into my fingers -- I would in any case have made a ritual sacrifice of some portion of food money for the RQ book, but a probable incoming upturn in fortune should likely make things easier again -- at last !!!

Getting my hands on a copy of the Guide to Glorantha will be particularly sweet, for a while it's been the only major Gloranthan source book that I've lacked physical ownership of.

And heck who knows -- maybe at some point down the line I'll feel strong enough for one of the French or German Cons (last Con I attended was a disaster for me because my enduring state of illness commenced that very weekend) ; I'd like that, but health permitting and &c. ; and even though it will undoubtedly feel weird there without Greg, many other people there are I would like to see again.

• 1 month later...

What source is your PDF?

I'm pretty sure Chaosium has stated that all their e-retail channels have the updated PDF.

I'd do an explicit logout from the e-tailer website, all the usual cache-purges on your browser, quit it and re-start, re-login, and try a fresh download.  If you're still getting what looks like an older PDF, contact Chaosium directly, as you may have found some error they need to fix (or have DTRPG fix, or whatever...) .

C'es ne pas un .sig

I just purchased my copy of RQG last week (and downloaded the PDF directly from Chaosium).  I have no idea what the version number of the document is (there is no statement that I can see other than "First Printing" on the indicia page) but the file is noted as "last modified 2018-10-17".

This version does include the "Second Printing Corrections" that were posted ... somewhere ... on this site, so I'm guessing that it's as up-to-date as any current printed copy.  Why the indicia was not updated I could not tell you.

Of course it does not incorporate (nor does the printed text) the clarifications in the RuneFixes - 03-07-18" document because ... reasons?  (You have to download this latter document separately, if you can find it -- it's not automatically part of the purchase.  Again, because ... reasons?)

Edited by BWP

"I want to decide who lives and who dies."

Bruce Probst

Melbourne, Australia

10 hours ago, BWP said:

I have no idea what the version number of the document is (there is no statement that I can see other than "First Printing" on the indicia page) but the file is noted as "last modified 2018-10-17".

This is the last I have been able to download, so I think it is the most current one.

• MOB unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

I know I'm being a scratched record, but it's now 6 months from release and we still don't have PDFs that match the final printed product. We still have a PDF that says this for augments:

image.png.30817ac63964c0272e309adc78ec26b8.png

I promise that I won't harp on about this any more... not until 9 months or a year has passed anyway.

Edited by PhilHibbs
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, PhilHibbs said:

I know I'm being a scratched record, but it's now 6 months from release and we still don't have PDFs that match the final printed product. We still have a PDF that says this for augments:

image.png.30817ac63964c0272e309adc78ec26b8.png

I promise that I won't harp on about this any more... not until 9 months or a year has passed anyway.

Silly Phil, don't you know that subtracting a negative gets you a bonus? ;)

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website