Lunar Turncoats

DrDave

Ethilrist? When he found out the nature of the emperor's gift, he served out his contract fully, then re-appraised his service and upped his price.

Harrek. He quit quite spectacularly, too. And it will be fun to explain to the White Bear guy why you named your steed after him.

Fazzy still is in the process of quitting.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

11 minutes ago, Joerg said:

Fazzy still is in the process of quitting.

Yeah, but ya got ta admit, Fazzy is a great name for a horse,
marginally better than Ethilrist but bear, really!

Ethilrist the bear on the other hand....
or Fazzy the bear? wacka, wacka!

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

15 hours ago, DrDave said:

My character just got an "ex-Lunar" horse.  Need a name.  What are some heroes, etc. who switched sides away from the Lunar Empire?

Forget naming the horse after a turncoat. Name your horse after a Lunar fanatic to show your mastery over them. Besides, who doesn’t want to ride “Beanpot?”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, soltakss said:
1 hour ago, RHW said:

Besides, who doesn’t want to ride “Beanpot?”

Or Jar-Eel ...

They came back from the ride

with the Orlanthi inside

and the smile on the face of Jar-Eela...

I hope the horse is no mare... otherwise your character won't hear the end of the teasings about his Lunar bride.

Edited by Joerg
horse, not hose
  • Like 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

Sort of feels like if I name it Harrek, he will materialize out of thin air to object 🙂

Was thinking of Argrath so the female character can say "When Argrath gets out of line, I just give him a little whack with my crop and he behaves!"

Might get reactions though.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:

and rip the legs off your horse :(

Or just generally ripping off legs, not necessarily starting with the horse, or stopping after six legs...

18 minutes ago, DrDave said:

Was thinking of Argrath so the female character can say "When Argrath gets out of line, I just give him a little whack with my crop and he behaves!"

Might get reactions though.

I think there's several figures where that line would provoke "interesting" reactions.  Argrath, Harrek, Jar-Eel...

My pick?

Solanthos.  He was the Lightson leader of the Sun Dome temple that supported the Lunar effort to take over the new Cradle, IIRC.

You've got the "female PC taming/riding a misogynistic male" theme.  You've got Yelmalian horse-schtick.  You've got your Lunar affiliation.  It's pretty good all round, IMO...

• Like 2

C'es ne pas un .sig

59 minutes ago, DrDave said:

Or use the older form Arkat!  And after all, the horse has been "Liberated" from the Red Moon, so seems appropriate to name him along that line.

Edited by jajagappa

Another thought...  Have you ever seen that classic 1980 comedy "The Gods Must be Crazy" ?   (if not, go see it!)

There's a "character" in that movie, a Land-Rover which somehow is responsible for tremendous amounts of mishap and chaos.

The mechanic has named this vehicle "the Antichrist."

Call your horse "Gbaji."

If your GM has seen the movie, expect Gbaji to become a significant source of storyhooks & side-quests; and often to be a source of inconvenience and even humiliation.

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 2 weeks later...