Stay tuned in the coming days for a major announcement about the King Arthur Pendragon RPG

MOB

• MOB featured this topic
6 hours ago, TrippyHippy said:

Please, please, please give all due respect to Greg Stafford’s Pendragon and The Great Pendragon Campaign with whatever direction you choose to take this game. It is, in my view at least, the very best fantasy roleplaying game ever penned. 

@TrippyHippy, this is an understatement! KAP is the very best roleplaying game ever penned, bar none. IMO, of course.  ;-)

It's also an understatement to say that I'm eagerly awaiting for this(these) announcement(s). I'm positively bouncing off the walls!

Regarding "due respect", I don't doubt that the current Chaosium's management are the best people to give KAP the honor it deserves, and to keep true to Greg's vision for the game. After all, Greg himself chose to bring KAP back to Chaosium under this management, and he also personally chose @sirlarkins as his successor as line manager. 

• Like 3

On 10/12/2020 at 5:13 AM, MOB said:

This week marks the 2nd anniversary of the passing of Chaosium's revered founder and original creative visionary, Greg Stafford.

R.I.P. It's been said that human intelligence is a constant. Human imagination, on the other hand, took a dip with the passing of Greg.  

On 10/12/2020 at 5:13 AM, MOB said:

Stay tuned in the coming days 

Days !??. That's not a typo? 

• Like 1

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

12 hours ago, Hzark10 said:

No, not a typo.  I believe something is being announced every day for the next few days.  

Not quite every day, but we are about to announce something related to Greg (just not related to KAP, that will be later)

• Like 5

This week Chaosium is marking the second anniversary of the passing of company founder Greg Stafford. On Sunday we will launch 'The Adventure of the Great Hunt', a special Quickstart preview of Pendragon 6th Edition Rules, his magnum opus.

Greg started work on the new edition ten years ago. Since that time, it has gone through multiple development phases and is at last nearly ready for its public debut. He called this, and always intended it to be, his “ultimate edition” and we are proud to see it finally coming to fruition. #weareallus

942704899_ScreenShot2020-10-16at4_34_14pm.png.8cf4f676d24d9ba5336d53b6e940d843.png

"Let us win glory for our king, who will reward us with honors and lands; and the devil take the hindermost!"

• Like 12

4 hours ago, beardo1976 said:

Do we have any idea of the cost of this Sunday’s release?

Free PDF download. 26 pages.

1 hour ago, SilverSeraph said:

I would think there will be a $10 print option like the Runequest quickstart rules. 

At this stage, no.

2 hours ago, beardo1976 said:

Ah I was thinking this was a Starter Kit type product like the new Call of Cthulhu one.  Thanks @Richard S.!

We are going to do a Pendragon Starter Set in due course.

• Like 2

And here it is...

Pendragon veterans will find that the fundamentals of the game remain the same, with subtle modifications reflecting the culmination of nearly three decades’ refinement of Greg’s vision of Arthurian fantasy.

For newcomers to Pendragon, everything you need to experience the Pendragon system is here in The Adventure of the Great Hunt: the core rules, a scenario playable in a single session, and six pre-generated characters.

Edited by MOB
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Need time to properly consider this but the Pre-made PCs now have "arming swords", and we got "aketon" counted separated from "Coat of Plates" and "Great Helm"....that's interesting!!!

The new Passion Results seem also to make sense. Thanks!

I'm less enthustiastic on the she-knight on page 19 ...  

By the way, I'm eager to learn and read it properly when the book will be published!!

Edited by Luca Cherstich