Mythology is out!

metcalph

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Well Greg and I decided to not use most of this stuff. So for us it wasn't there to use.

O.K., I can accept this, with some disappointment.

But, the distinct centerpiece of the cover art is Vinga, as noted, and praised, by @Wheel Shield and others.  It is strange to feature Her so prominently on the cover, and ignore Her within.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rodney Dangerduck said:

O.K., I can accept this, with some disappointment.

But, the distinct centerpiece of the cover art is Vinga, as noted, and praised, by @Wheel Shield and others.  It is strange to feature Her so prominently on the cover, and ignore Her within.

She's not ignored. She's one of the longer subcults in the series. She rated an additional Loic piece in the Lightbringers book. BUT Vinga is a martial AND female incarnation of Orlanth and that really covers it.  Take any Orlanth myth and it can have Vinga, as she is he.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Richard S. said:

I just noticed that Malkion and his parents got a spot on the big genealogy chart. I think this is the first image we've ever gotten of him.

Where can we find that chart? Doesn't show up in my copy. It appears in the store page but you can't make anything out of it bc of its low res.

:50-power-truth::50-sub-light::50-power-truth:

23 minutes ago, Jape_Vicho said:

Where can we find that chart? Doesn't show up in my copy. It appears in the store page but you can't make anything out of it bc of its low res.

If you bought the hardcover and/or PDF from Chaosium, it's available as one of three bonus files in the download page. Go back to your order and click the red download arrow and it's there. It wasn't there at launch, but was added a few hours later.

• Helpful 2
  • Thanks 1

--

An Unofficial Buyer's Guide to RuneQuest and Glorantha lists everything currently available for the game and setting, across 60 pages. "Lavishly illustrated throughout, festooned with hyperlinks" - Nick Brooke. The Voralans presents Glorantha's magical mushroom humanoids, the black elves. "A wonderful blend of researched detail and Glorantha crazy" - Austin Conrad. The Children of Hykim documents Glorantha's shape-changing totemic animal people, the Hsunchen. "Stunning depictions of shamanistic totem-animal people, really evocative" - Philip H.

On 10/9/2023 at 8:49 PM, Rodney Dangerduck said:

Do they reprint the books with corrections?

Yes, when we reprint a book we try to include as many corrections as possible. Two examples of this are the RQ Core RB and the Glorantha Sourcebook. We haven't needed to reprint most of the RQ books we have published thus far.

• Thanks 1

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Gray Mouser said:

Hello all. The art of this new book is gorgeous! Where can i see a list of labeled deities, as in the earth or storm cults books? Thanks!

What do you mean by a labelled list?

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

8 minutes ago, Gray Mouser said:

Hello all. The art of this new book is gorgeous! Where can i see a list of labeled deities, as in the earth or storm cults books? Thanks!

If you're talking about the monomyth art foldout, it's intentionally unlabeled. I think that since it's trying to condense the whole gods war into a single image, the viewer is supposed to come to their own conclusions about what all is happening and who is represented.

• Helpful 1

21 minutes ago, Richard S. said:

If you're talking about the monomyth art foldout, it's intentionally unlabeled. I think that since it's trying to condense the whole gods war into a single image, the viewer is supposed to come to their own conclusions about what all is happening and who is represented.

if someone makes one, I'll happily put it up on the well, like the prosopaedia cover:

https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/home/catalogue/publishers/chaosium/cha4042-cults-of-runequest-the-prosopaedia/cha4042-the-prosopaedia-qa/

Edited by David Scott
  • Like 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

I was speaking of the foldout. One deity intrigues me: the pale one with bare breast and golden hair at the right of the solar court, in the upper left of the fresco. It's not Chalana Arroy/Erissa i suppose (no flowers in the hair), or is it? Chalana Arroy is in the right of the fertility goddesses in the upper of the fresco, perhaps with is son Arroin, and has dark hair. Young Sedenya? Entekos? Another one?

37 minutes ago, Gray Mouser said:

I was speaking of the foldout. One deity intrigues me: the pale one with bare breast and golden hair at the right of the solar court, in the upper left of the fresco. It's not Chalana Arroy/Erissa i suppose (no flowers in the hair), or is it? Chalana Arroy is in the right of the fertility goddesses in the upper of the fresco, perhaps with is son Arroin, and has dark hair. Young Sedenya? Entekos? Another one?

Verithurusa, an early Moon goddess. See Prosopaedia, p.131.

Also see Mythology, p.40-41, item 5. Note that in typical Dara Happan parlance, Verithurusa is often designated with a masculine suffix, e.g. Verithurus.

Edited by jajagappa
  • Helpful 1