Official Cover and Release Announcement

Jason D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!

The cover is really nice.

It's evocative, simple and covers all the settings without being too corny or cheesy.

Well done whoever thought of it and drew it.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Great news!

I haven't seen it yet but from what I've read here and elsewhere I think I have a pretty clear idea of what to expect. This will no doubt be my weapon of choice for a long time (until you write second ed...).

Jason, thank you. I realize you obviously want the game to sell well, but thanks for putting up with all our questions and comments. I also realize you have loads of other projects but I hope you keep popping in here now and then to answer a question or two or just to say hello.

And the cover is much better, I think I like it

That looks very, very cool indeed - what an excellent cover. I second Simon - kudos to whoever came up with the concept (and to Paul Carrick for the execution!), it's just perfect, and a great style to it too. Very elegant - just the ticket, it speaks volumes about what BRP is and what it can do.

Jason - congratulations! It looks like the 1st edition is finally here! Thanks for all your hard work, patience, and perseverance - top job!

Damn, I like that cover.

Cheers,

Sarah

"The Worm Within" - the first novel for The Chronicles of Future Earth, coming 2013 from Chaosium, Inc.

Website: http://sarahnewtonwriter.com | Twitter: @SarahJNewton | Facebook: TheChroniclesOfFutureEarth

Well done whoever thought of it and drew it.

My email to Dustin on 10/15/2007, relating to the unpopular first cover:

If a new cover is possible, how about something along the lines of da

Vinci's "Measure of Man", though with the different limbs representing

different genres?

Like, the person in front could be in scant clothing, while arms are

either in medieval armor, superhero spandex, power armor, etc?

The background, then, could simply be something textured with

scribbles, or parchment with a faded BRP character sheet set at an

angle on it... maybe some dice and a pencil "lying" on the front in

the corner?

Later emails detailed it a bit more, but seeing that basic image rendered so well by Paul is all kinds of awesome.

As long as the cover is not awful.

A couple of games have really died before play due to the cover:

Hero Wars comes to mind. You remember the purple leotard?

Paul Elliott

Warlords of Alexander - Roleplaying in the ruins of Alexander's Empire

Zenobia - Fantasy RPG in the Eastern Roman Empire

Zaibatsu - Fast-play Japanese cyberpunk - Gibson-style

www.geocities.com/mithrapolis/games.html

My own book, GURPS Atomic Horror, was blessed with a fantastic cover. That was luck. Although, to be honest, most GURPS covers are golden.

Paul Elliott

Warlords of Alexander - Roleplaying in the ruins of Alexander's Empire

Zenobia - Fantasy RPG in the Eastern Roman Empire

Zaibatsu - Fast-play Japanese cyberpunk - Gibson-style

www.geocities.com/mithrapolis/games.html

Jason - congratulations! It looks like the 1st edition is finally here! Thanks for all your hard work, patience, and perseverance - top job!

I want to second this. I can honestly say that your book is the book I've wanted to see for over ten years. You also seem to be ever-present to answer any question put to you. All I can say is, nicely done, sir.

Edit: Just to clarify, they're not taking preorders on the new book, are they? That limited edition thing was referring to BRP0, right?

70/420

Looks like it's so popular that the Chaosium site has crashed. At least at the moment there is no connection, and I can only hope this is because of overwhelming views of the site.

Also, my thanks to Jason. What a job he has. It may not make him rich, but I can only dream of steeping myself in RPGs and making money from it. Maybe one day, when I win the lottery I can give it the time it requires and I desire....

132/420

Hi Jason,

Let me just add my voice to the chorus.

I can only offer my thanks, (and a personal purchase of BRP aswell as a couple for my company), with regards to the new version of a system that has always been my favorite.

I am very fond of the cover and hope that it inspires people (particularly those that may take the context of the image seriously), to look over and choose BRP when they're in their LFGS.

Before I sign off, just a personal remark about how I've been using BRP0 at work recently. I work as a tutor with disaffected young people, trying to re-engage them with learning. Over the past month or so my I've been introducing role-playing to these students as a 'fun' way of getting to grips with basic 'Numeracy' skills in preparation for more structured learning.

I've just started a post-grad specializing in working/teaching these young people and had my first teaching observation on Tuesday. The session observed was the rolling of characters, determining 'average' characteristic scores and deriving information from numerical tables.

My Uni lecturer said that she thought that "It was the best session she had ever seen for introducing and motivating this client group in the subject of Mathamatics".

So I hope that it means something for you that your work is being successfully used to help/educate some of the more dis-engaged learners in our society, (in the UK that is). I don't mean for this thread to bring a tear to your eye or anything (lol), but I for one really appreciate the time and effort that you have put into BRP, and into the answering of our questions and (sometimes inappropriate) criticisms.

Thanks for opening the portal into the next stage of my gaming journey with my favorite system.

With Kindest Regards and Thanks.

Ken

125/420

Although I liked the simplicity of the "Chaosium dragon" cover, this new cover is much, much better than that "Aztec-meets-UFO" cover that was shown a few months back.

At least this one hints strongly at the possible directions you can take with BRP.

My email to Dustin on 10/15/2007, relating to the unpopular first cover:

and

Later emails detailed it a bit more, but seeing that basic image rendered so well by Paul is all kinds of awesome.

Clever Clogs!

But, well done for the concept.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Fantastic news.I hope BRP wings its way over to Europe as soon as poss.Or maybe us Europeans could simply buy copies from the USA,seeing as how the dollar is virtually worthless,heheh...I personally like the cover,but why the long face,sirrah?you ought to be grinning like a loon to find yourself as cover boy for BRP!Well done,Jason.Thanks for all your hard work.People are gonna love it,i'm sure.