Art in the Cults Book

Runeblogger

5 hours ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

These have also been shared on Instagram, for anyone who's on there.

Thanks good Sir_Godspeed, but I rely on jajagappabook and the RBnet myself! Less politics and spin, more wow!

🙂

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

13 hours ago, Runeblogger said:

For those who don't have Facebook accounts

Each time you use the ritual to connect to your Facebook account, you are actually offering sacrifice to Atiar, the knowledge thief, and his brother Tien, the Face-Hunter.

That being said, thanks a lot for sacrificing yourself and bringing those amazing pictures back from deepest echo-caves of the underworld.

3 hours ago, Ladygolem said:

Wait, is that Lodril's... it totally is! Nice!

As far as I’m concerned, Ladygolem, that’s Caladraland’s ass!

Also, in regards to EVERYONE being hot and naked? Damn right we better get some beefcake with the cheesecake.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, ZedAlpha said:

It's definitely a great booty, but I was talking about his, you know, fiery spear.

Spoiler

(though judging from the shape it's more of a club)

Anyway, enough obscenity! The art is very, very good, and I'm really looking forward to this book! I might even shell out for a physical copy (I'm more of a .pdf gal). I'm particularly fond of all the stylized backgrounds - ZZ's creepy eyeball cloud and Uleria's art nouveau border being my favorites.

Will every cult have a full illustration like this? I initially assumed it'd just be the "big" ones, but we have beautiful full-size pieces for relatively minor deities like the grain goddesses and Aram, which is enticing!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, ZedAlpha said:

did someone watch Captain America with a little patriotic pride in the last Avenger's Movie? Salute!

3 hours ago, ZedAlpha said:

Also, in regards to EVERYONE being hot and naked? Damn right we better get some beefcake with the cheesecake.

And while we are there, let’s give a cheer for real sized women, as well, in that case. 

Sceptical but realistic RPG player. “That skinny thing is the Grain Goddess, things have been that bad, eh?"

My grain goddesses should show a little honest “substance" thankyouverymuch!

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 3

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

10 hours ago, Ladygolem said:

Whatever those furry antlered things are, they are the most adorable things I have ever seen! I'm expecting plushie versions in the Chaosium store any day now.

So what are they, anyhow?

Snow sprites?  Snowball spirits?  At this point, unknown, I think.

But, yes, think we're ready for the Glorantha plush toy line with these!

• Haha 1

No one has posted Yelmalio yet! It's my favorite as you would have probably guessed. It's not just that it's a beautiful drawing (like all are) , but also it's the first picture of Yelmalio that totally fits with Orlanthi culture, all the previous were too Pelorian-looking. I'm so looking forward to reading his writeup. 

Yelmalio by Loïc Muzy

IMG_20210217_214603.jpg

Also Aram Ya-Udram is a curious choice to make a cult of. We know that the Tusk Riders' cult of the Bloody Fang is derived from it, but it's not exactly the same. Is his "original" cult still practiced somewhere? Or is his writeup just in case someone wants to play before the birth of the Tusk Riders? If it's the latter it has important implications, which others ancient cults would we find on the book? 

Edited by Jape_Vicho
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

:50-power-truth::50-sub-light::50-power-truth:

1 hour ago, Jape_Vicho said:

Also Aram Ya-Udram is a curious choice to make a cult of. We know that the Tusk Riders' cult of the Bloody Fang is derived from it, but it's not exactly the same. Is his "original" cult still practiced somewhere?

It would probably go with the Bloody Tusk, if that's included.  I'm sure it will not be focused on any ancient cult.

• Like 1

Absolutely amazing !

The Agathe Pithié  pictures are so good that I am unable to decide which one I prefer.

They are all full of details, the watercolor-like style is very organic, and they look like in-world art pieces.

I am definitely looking forward to buying the Cult Book.

Edited by Manimati
  • Thanks 1

On 2/18/2021 at 7:22 PM, Runeblogger said:

Mostal, by Loïc Muzy

111612212_MostalbyLoicMuzy.thumb.jpg.63e42538bf90dcc9a96b754815f32558.jpg

Sky Gods (a piece of the whole), by Agathe Pithié:

Runequest-Sky-Gods.jpg.72ee96b4b0216082af3583fbe48722e0.jpg

The Red Moon (another piece), by Agathe Pithié:

Runequest-Lunar-Gods.jpg.7eed86cc0ccb84ff6e86619ef088e5e3.jpg

Storm Gods, by Agathe Pithié:

1495838745_OrlanthelGuaperas.jpg.3c580b1a76e99fee373fd5a1fc90a86e.jpg

1274056296_Runequest-Storm-Gods-detail-01.jpg.0a01ad8ec7af34b73db85f42752de368.jpg

TxFtrEs.thumb.jpg.8b3d6bc37c70f71d09ba97e45e049425.jpg

Any idea who might be the dude with a sun for a head and the purple woman with green hair (both on the Solar Court picture)?

:50-power-truth::50-sub-light::50-power-truth:

4 minutes ago, Jape_Vicho said:

Any idea who might be the dude with a sun for a head and the purple woman with green hair (both on the Solar Court picture)?

Sunhead could be Lightfore and the purple woman might be Gorgorma, Dendara's sister.
And do you recognize the following three (also by Agathe Pitié😋

l0xQ6g4.thumb.jpg.c404ac24762c657e8faa201c2ad2287c.jpg

• Like 2

Read my Runeblog about RuneQuest and Glorantha at: http://elruneblog.blogspot.com.es/