The age of the ORC begins: Chaosium to release a new edition of Basic Roleplaying in April using the Open RPG Creative License

MOB

5 hours ago, Ravenheart87 said:

Only three more days left! I don't have the patience to watch Salt & Serpent. Did anyone glean any interesting information from the stream about what the new edition will be like?

I'm hoping it shows up on YouTube at some point as I loathe Twitch with a passion.

• Like 2

The Salt & Serpent folks said it would be up on Youtube on Wednesday at 10am (presumably Pacific Time). I watched for a bit, but they spent almost no time at all talking about the system or mechanics in the time I watched, but maybe others will watch longer and pick up some system details. 🙂

I just discovered a half-shelf full of D&D books at my local public library... and that there seems to be a guy there who has RPG-books as a special project!

Although -- as is too-often the case -- it's sadly-possible (even likely!) that "the guy" is only doing D&D, not "RPGs" in general.

But when/if I get a chance to talk to him, I will try to talk up BRP/RQ/CoC ...   Really looking forward to the new ORC edition for this!

• Like 3

C'es ne pas un .sig

Apologies if someone has already asked this.

Usually, you can buy a Chaosium PDF and apply full price of the PDF to the paper book later.

Is this offer good for the new BRP book?

If so, can I buy the PDF at DriveThruRPG, or do I have to buy it directly from Chaosium?

I hope someone can answer this by the 7th! Thanks.

49 minutes ago, TheophilusCarter said:

BRP BPB?!  😄

Now that there will be two of them the “Big Book” part is redundant. I propose moving forward we reference them as BRP: Gold and BRP:Platinum 

• Like 1

BGB = BRP Gold. New book = BRP Platinum.  Stay metal.