What worlds would people like to see in BRP?

Shiba Homer

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Games I've often thought of running using BRP/RQ/Cthulhu Now include:

Ancient Greece: Persian/Pelopponnesian War 550BC - 400-ish. Maybe on a Pendragon year by year basis.

Dawn of the Dead: It would take a lot of effort to make this more than a one trick pony - perhaps using elements from Resident Evil.

Cyberpunk - I love the Talsorian world but the system is a bit pants. BRP would be perfect for it.

Disney's Incredible Journey - with an obvious player-led variation on the basic "two dogs and a cat" formula.

Hey Owl, it's now available!!!

RPGNow.com - Arion Games - Maelstrom

In pdf format yes... I have this strange thing where I loathe to get my games in pdf. I want books. Books that I can keep in my book shelf, flip through when there's a powercut and sometimes, if I feel deviant enough... sniff.

And why would I want to buy it, come to think of it? I've BRP and a history book? ;)

I would like to have Transhuman Space or something similar as setting for BRP. THS is an ultra-hard SF setting based on realistic assumptions and some transhumanistic ideas. It is a extremely detailed description of the status of the world at the end of the 21st century.

It appeared from SJG several years ago and it is absolutely fantastic. It is written mostly by David Pulver and others who took much time to make technological and political research and plausible extrapolations of these topics. As soon as DBRP is out I will try to transfer the THS setting from Gurps lite to DBRP.

Here is the website for the setting if anybody is interested.

Transhuman Space

Transhuman Space is a superb setting. I am trying to do a BRP conversion at the moment, and use it as a basis for a campaign set in the universe of the Revelation Space novels by Alistair Reynolds. Always felt Transhuman Space would be a good starting point.

River of Heaven - Science Fiction Roleplaying in the 28th Century

http://riverofheaven.d101games.co.uk/

I'm likely not mentioning anything that hasn't already been raised, but here we go:

* Planetary Romance/Adventure ala ERB's Mars, Moon, Venus, Moorcock's Kane, etc. Fortunately, looks like Interplanetary will answer that wish (though I'll use the 1930s as my Earth period backdrop, just because I have more resources for that period than I know what to do with, and it gives me the opportunity for Nazis in Space. ;) ).

* Sword & Sorcery. Although I'd love a BRP Conan, given Mongoose's hold on it, I doubt that'd happen, so I'll settle for something very much in the same vein.

* Mythic/Ancient Greece. Capricious gods, monsters, flawed but mighty heroes, great quests.

* Wild West. 1870s focus (for a lot of obvious reasons). Capable of gritty and down-and-dirty ala Deadwood or more cinematic spaghetti western style.

* Space 1889. Victorian colonialism mixed with planetary adventure.

* Napoleonic. Get yer Sharpe on!

* Jorune (though the likelihood is pretty much nil).

* Freeport. A BRP companion for the Green Ronin systemless setting would be nice.

* Post-Apocalypse in the vein of Mad Max II and III. Roving gangs of freaks on junked motorcycles, etc.

cheers!

Colin

Creator of Radioactive Ape Designs, award-nominated publisher of Atomic Highway and other fine RPG publications!

Oddly enough.... that's what my game is leaning towards. ;)

Oddly enough that's a game I recently wrote a lot of material for (in the newly released Secrets of the Surface World), and am currently writing for (the forthcoming Mysteries of the Hollow Earth). ;)

cheers!

Colin

Creator of Radioactive Ape Designs, award-nominated publisher of Atomic Highway and other fine RPG publications!

Oddly enough that's a game I recently wrote a lot of material for (in the newly released Secrets of the Surface World), and am currently writing for (the forthcoming Mysteries of the Hollow Earth). ;)

cheers!

Colin

Ooooo. Any chance you could help with a BRP conversion?

132/420

What worlds ...

- Ringworld / Known Space (again, but more complete this time)

- the "Honorverse" of David Weber's Honor Harrington series

... would be something I really would like.

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

Interesting... I didn't know you were involved with Secrets of the Surface World. I got it from a local store the day after my copy of BRP zero arrived.

I wrote chapters 5, 6, and 7, so T F. Arkington's Lifestyle Emporium, the Weird Science rules, and Vehicle Combat rules are my contributions. :) Over on the HEX forums, I've just got the ball rolling on sharing a series of free SotSW web enhancements. [end OTT]

cheers!

Colin

Ooooo. Any chance you could help with a BRP conversion?

Not really at the moment, I'm afraid; I quite like the Ubiquity system, so converting it from a system I like to another system I like (BRP), wouldn't be a high priority for me.

cheers!

Colin

• 1 month later...

I would like to see a 'realistic' ninjas or 'realistic' martial arts setting. Or even wuxia.

I would really like to see Lexx converted to an rpg. I haven't seen most of the series, to be honest. But what I did see was really warped.

Tamriel is copyrighted by Bethesda (or whomever owns Bethesda Softworks at present, I cannot recall the name), so an official conversion is unlikely to appear. I heard they are planning to publish the system and the setting as a P&P RPG, and in this case it will be rather similar to BRP, as the game is skill based and has hit points, fatigue points and magic points. Unfortunately it also has a HP increase when leveling.

Incidentally, the Morrowind setting was written by Ken Rolston, and you can find "suspiciously sounding" names among those found on the isle, like "The Grazelands" and "Puzzle Canal".

Proud member of the Evil CompetitionTM

Maybe Metalocalypse from Adult Swim (maybe even the Aqua Teen Hunger Force, as well) might make for interesting role playing.

Sold on that one.

Do anything for Dethklok. Do anything for Dethklok.

Do anything for Dethklok. Do anything for Dethklok.

I...

Teach You...

Who...

Rock...

Dethklok! Dethklok!

But seriously. How about Farscape? Or Rifts (I like the setting, but only North America and the Coalition stuff, the game got a bit silly after about 5 or so books)?

Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan/The Hollows series would be good.

Maybe BPRD/Hellboy?