The BRP Website - new online resource dedicated to Basic Roleplaying

MOB

• MOB featured and pinned this topic
1 hour ago, Richard S. said:

What? The new BRP site and this forum (which is run by Chaosium) are completely different things.

This forum is run by @Trifletraxor.

At his kind discretion, Chaosium is permitted to use some of it as their "official" forum, and some of the Chaosium staff are Mod's.

But this is Trif's house.  Pay honor to the Beetle Breeder!

• Like 7

C'es ne pas un .sig

18 hours ago, g33k said:

This forum is run by @Trifletraxor.

Not really. According to the last time I corresponded with Triff he mostly  foots the bill.

18 hours ago, g33k said:

At his kind discretion, Chaosium is permitted to use some of it as their "official" forum, and some of the Chaosium staff are Mod's.

Actually, all of the Mods except for Triff and IPSSupport are Chaosium staff. For all intents and purposes this site is run by Chaosium. I'm not saying that is a bad thing, or a good thing, merely pointing out what is.

18 hours ago, g33k said:

But this is Trif's house.  Pay honor to the Beetle Breeder!

Seconded. Without Triff this site wouldn't exist-at least not in it's current form. Odds are someone would have picked up the name when the BGB became a thing, but who knows what that would have turned out like?

• Like 4

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

1 hour ago, Atgxtg said:

Seconded. Without Triff this site wouldn't exist-at least not in it's current form. Odds are someone would have picked up the name when the BGB became a thing, but who knows what that would have turned out like?

@Trifletraxor

Thirded, all hail his glorious beetle breeding self! Thanks for everything sir, you are terrif, Triff!

• Like 3

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

On 3/31/2020 at 8:41 PM, Simlasa said:

Does that mean Chaosium will be moving off this site as an official presence? (I hope).

Why do you hope for that? This forum is dedicated to their games I love having the creators and founders (the Great Old Ones themselves so to speak) on this site!

• Like 5

-Voice of the Legion

9 hours ago, Richard S. said:

Yeah, those are called features! :P

Be careful, or else we'll end up somehow with Elder Scrolls XXVI: Genertela featuring broo on no-clip and Thomas the Tank Engine modded in for the Crimson Bat!

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

7 hours ago, Crel said:

Be careful, or else we'll end up somehow with Elder Scrolls XXVI: Genertela featuring broo on no-clip and Thomas the Tank Engine modded in for the Crimson Bat!

I'm pretty sure the Mostali are responsible for TtTE.  I don't think the Bat can be made compatible, nor vice versa.

• Haha 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 4/1/2020 at 11:07 PM, Atgxtg said:

Not really. According to the last time I corresponded with Triff he mostly  foots the bill.

I set it up before the zero edition of BRB was published, when I was working in a tiny village up north where and had lots of spare time. Two kids later and the situation is quite different. I'm very happy Chaosium made a home here and help with the management as it reinvigorated BRP Central and I wasn't able to give it the attention it needs myself. If however you should find any bugs in the forum software, don't eat them, they're mine!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2020 at 11:58 PM, Trifletraxor said:

If however you should find any bugs in the forum software, don't eat them, they're mine!

Well sometimes, particularly when one use emoticons ( :P :D ) the arrow keys stop working.
Mm... I din't have the problem here..... But it happens often! 😮 

Edited by Lloyd Dupont

Where do we report errors? 

Page 18, section 5.13 Special Success, the example says the total is 11 points of damage when it should be 13 (7+4+2). 

And the table on page 10 references Critical Success and Fumbles, but they are not explained anywhere in the document.  (Fumble is mentioned in 2.6 but not explained).

NM - After going to the site and looking at the document, it appears to have been updated.  😀

Edited by girtablilu

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned." Anonymous

50 minutes ago, girtablilu said:

NM - After going to the site and looking at the document, it appears to have been updated. 

https://brp.chaosium.com/basic-roleplaying/updates-to-the-srd/

The nature of updating PDFs means that the BRP Online SRD will likely be the most up-to-date (until the PDF is updated).

• Like 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/