Out now in PDF: The Pegasus Plateau and Other Stories

MOB

I think it depends on your Style and wants. TSR gives you a chunk of the Grazelands an area not previously much detailed. It gives you some more on Clearwine and Lekia's court and Clearwine Earth Temple stuff. A chunk on Beast Valley. 

PP is much more Sartar based. As such it fits nicely in with the GM's Pack and the freebie adventures already out. 

There's a good plot hook to get players out from Colymar lands in TSR to the adventure of the same name and my players certainly jumped from there straight into some of the other seamlessly (oh how I laughed). But for some it might be more of stretch. Half my group were Grazelanders so this was a must have for me.

PP is much more Sartar based and as such if your group are from there maybe a better fit? If you've got a bunch of Praxians not so much. I'm biased as I wrote some of PP so I'd say get that 😉  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Thaz said:

It's absolutely Canon for HQG. However RQG is not HQC and the two are not in sync. It's been explicitly stated that the sources for RQG are published RQG works plus the Sourcebook and Guide Slipcase. The events and runes and cults described for HQG/HW/HQ are not for RQG. RQG does not pickup from where HQG left off not least because HQG aint done yet and will progress.  Kallyr dies at the Battle of the Queens, in RQG unless you wanna change that in your game. A whole bunch of runes dont exist in RQG unless you wanna change that in your game. A whole bunch of towns and cities mapped in HQ/HW/HQG will have be different in RQG unless you wanna change that in your game. Gunda the Guilty is different in RQG unless you wanna change that in your game. I mean your free to use those sources and YGMV. But dont expect The Coming Storm or Thunder Rebels et al to be used as canon in RQG. At least that's how I understand it. I speak now as a fellow fan. I have written for but am not of Chaosium. However Jason and Jeff have been pretty clear on this 

"RQG is its own line, a new interpretation of the setting based on prior versions but also incorporating previous unpublished materials from Greg and based on lengthy discussions with Greg and Jeff. Anyone expecting RQG and HQG to be completely synchronous will be sorely disappointed. " on t'other thread from Jason

I am still reading thru the Red Cow campaign, and I assumed that RQG would be just the Gloranthan timeline a decade later. 

Cool, thanks for the explanation, this is good to know 😎

Edited by Mankcam

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

7th Sea creator John Wick writes that, "after being a fan and a customer for most of my life (ever since 1981)" the RuneQuest adventures he wrote for THE PEGASUS PLATEAU are the first writing he's ever done for Chaosium. "But there’s a story in all that. Here it is..."

http://johnwickpresents.com/updates/the-pegasus-plateau-other-stories-a-shameless-plug

• Like 2

On 5/11/2020 at 11:30 PM, Thaz said:

I think it depends on your Style and wants. TSR gives you a chunk of the Grazelands an area not previously much detailed. It gives you some more on Clearwine and Lekia's court and Clearwine Earth Temple stuff. A chunk on Beast Valley. 

That floats my boat. Beast Valley and the Grazelands are cool.  I'll start with Smoking Ruin. But I fear I will get both eventually.

Edited by smiorgan
  • Like 2

On 5/9/2020 at 6:29 PM, MOB said:

CHA4038_-_Pegasus_Plateau_-_Front_Cover_-_700x900_-_PDF__46939.1588935063_500_659.jpg.d27d90614e126464cc60f5e8445e1569.jpg

Wow.  This cover is a TPK in the making.  None of the party has a climb skill over Base (40%) + Agility bonus.  As the griffins close in Yanioth has a grin on her face as she is unencumbered and isn't engaged in a fight against griffins on a mountain ledge.  

"Climb a mountain, she says...  Easy ticks she says..." - Vishi Dunn's player.

15 minutes ago, Darius West said:

Wow.  This cover is a TPK in the making. 

I concur. Although if someone can summon a Air Elemental in a hurry... (I'm not familiar with the pregens for reasons I've muttered about before)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thaz said:

I concur. Although if someone can summon a Air Elemental in a hurry... (I'm not familiar with the pregens for reasons I've muttered about before)

I would save that for when someone begins the inevitable Griffin Grapple/Plummet routine.  Summon an air elemental too soon and the Griffins will likely claw it apart.

Edit:

Yanioth:  "Griffins?  I don't remember any Griffins up there Vasana." 

Vostor:  "Yes, Yanioth was singing and smiling the whole way up."

Edited by Darius West

1020793018_DimitrinaCh08-PairingStones-ThePackTraincopy.png.cc207c20a195f56e018bb9f9ba19164f.png

"I wanted a diverse group of contributors, including people new to Glorantha, to best spotlight the many different approaches to playing #RuneQuest and in #Glorantha. I cast the net wide when it came to contributors: some people who I’d worked with on other game lines, some people who’d inquired about writing RuneQuest materials, and a few who submitted materials cold, with no query letter."

RuneQuest creative director Jason Durall talks about the genesis of THE PEGASUS PLATEAU:

https://www.chaosium.com/blogclimbing-the-pegasus-plateau-the-new-release-for-runequest-roleplaying-in-glorantha

(Art: 'The Pack Train' by Dimitrina Angelaska)

• Like 7

1 hour ago, MOB said:

Jason Durall talks about the genesis of THE PEGASUS PLATEAU

Never knew this bit noted by Steve Perrin: "My wife Luise contributed artwork to Chaosium projects and I wrote for them (this was just before I became an employee) so we became the Pairing Stones."

• Like 2

Character art by Eli Maffei from from the 'Renekot's Hope' chapter of The Pegasus Plateau. Here we have:

1. Anla Renekot, proud Orlanthi Rune Lord, powerful and strong.
  2. Escatar Oval-Noova, a minor Lunar aristocrat (“Not all Lunars are decadent, immoral, backstabbing bastards. Just most of us.”)
  3. Kentin Haley, a know-it-all scholar who loves his cats.
  4. Dalathar Quickblade, a durulz Death-drake veteran of many battles.

632543061_PPOrlanthi.png.95ad18cb30694b614e246135b0cfa5e8.png 1061319984_PPLunar.png.50a26f93b4affc05059fa0902bba8afb.png

1935423421_PPLhankorMhy.png.fe458902c02510cd8be3ccef7c6f6ac0.png 1262381179_DuckPP.png.1a79123360adca0b08d3d2469ec1665f.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I haven't read through the whole thing yet, but what I have I've loved. I'm actually thinking about using Renekot's Hope for a starting point for the campaign that I hope to start in the not too distant future. The only thing that made me sad was that "The Grey Crane" uses a conceit that I put into an adventure I'm working on (with a goal of publishing through the Jonstown Compendium): a Lunar officer/noble who's sympathetic to and interested in Sartarite/Orlanthi culture and people combined with a 2nd in command who feels the exact opposite way. Eh. I'll forge ahead anyways.

• Like 2

On 5/15/2020 at 3:47 AM, MOB said:

Anla Renekot, proud Orlanthi Rune Lord, powerful and strong.

I gotta say I'm getting a bit tired of "every significant (human) warrior you meet is a woman" theme.  And I'm running a Vingan!

Does make me think about some of the classics, like Conan and LotR where much was reversed.

Edited by Rodney Dangerduck
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rodney Dangerduck said:

I gotta say I'm getting a bit tired of "every significant (human) warrior you meet is a woman" theme.  And I'm running a Vingan!

Not seeing this "theme" as a problem (at least, not yet).

I mean... scroll back up to "The Pack Train" and the most obvious & vivid warrior is a man.  I guess he's not "significant" because he's not one of the two leader-figures in front?

1 hour ago, Rodney Dangerduck said:

... Does make me think about some of the classics, like Conan and LotR where much was reversed.

We've got a long, long way to go before we hit comparable disparities to these classics ... 

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

2 hours ago, Rodney Dangerduck said:

Don't worry, Secrets of Dorastor has more men than women warriors, not particularly by design. There is a Scorpion Queen, a Water Nymph, several daughters of Doasta, a very dainty Unicorn Rider and the Mistress of Light, Guardian of the Fires of Heaven, who is a proper hard Vampiress Angel. The men are probably more dangerous though, both as Horrors and as normal encounters. 

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

56 minutes ago, soltakss said:

Don't worry, Secrets of Dorastor has more men than women warriors

Hmm, probably not a big help!  One reason I've noticed the trend is that my Vingan is looking for reasonable, preferably warrior-like single men to bed.  The pickings from the scenarios we have run so far (haven't done "The Pack Train" yet) are extremely slim, close to non-existent.  By contrast, our randy Storm Bull has no shortage of good female options.  :-(

11 hours ago, Rodney Dangerduck said:
12 hours ago, soltakss said:

Don't worry, Secrets of Dorastor has more men than women warriors

Hmm, probably not a big help! 

I am sure if I made all the Horrors of Dorastor female, that would lead to complaints as well.

Dorastor does not discriminate, its denizens will abuse, mistreat and eat people of any gender, or no gender, equally. Except the cult of Thed, as Thed just hates women and doesn't allow them in her cult.

11 hours ago, Rodney Dangerduck said:

One reason I've noticed the trend is that my Vingan is looking for reasonable, preferably warrior-like single men to bed.

The Personalities of the Borderlands describes the following: Barstan Ram-Friend, Ketil Eriksbane, Hakon the Swimmer, Bolthor Brighteyes, Renekot the Stone, Hahlgrim Ironsword, Oddi the Keen, Lanstan Longspear and Halim, all very eligible warriors, many are chieftains and only one is an ogre. 

• Like 2

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

21 minutes ago, soltakss said:

The Personalities of the Borderlands describes the following: Barstan Ram-Friend, Ketil Eriksbane, Hakon the Swimmer, Bolthor Brighteyes, Renekot the Stone, Hahlgrim Ironsword, Oddi the Keen, Lanstan Longspear and Halim, all very eligible warriors, many are chieftains and only one is an ogre. 

Looks like dating in Glorantha brings quite a few extra considerations and pitfalls... no STDs, though.

• Haha 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

47 minutes ago, Joerg said:

Looks like dating in Glorantha brings quite a few extra considerations and pitfalls... no STDs, though.

Well, you say that ...

8 minutes ago, soltakss said:

Well, you say that ...

Greg was adamant on that.

But then, stories like "The Smell of A Rat" or

the plots of Gaumata's Vision in Shadows on the Borderlands or Crimson Petals in Pegasus Plateau

are not that dissimilar from STDs.

Telling how it is excessive verbis