First glimpse of our Free RPG Day cover... RQ Quickstart

MOB

3 hours ago, Jeff said:

This is the cover for the Quickstart rules, not for the new edition of RuneQuest.

I'm giving away something here, but the Free RPG Day poster image is getting tweaked a bit for the QS cover... something to look out for!

• Like 2

What will the Quickstart rules include exactly? How many pages long will they be? And what can you tell us about the scenario?

Are these going to be available in stores outside the US during FreeRPGDay?

Edited by Runeblogger
Added 1 more question

Read my Runeblog about RuneQuest and Glorantha at: http://elruneblog.blogspot.com.es/

On 3/9/2017 at 5:28 PM, g33k said:

Yeah, that's often the way flexible stuff drapes -- particularly given the wide stance taken!

Except a cuirass shouldn't be flexible. At least not that type of curiass.

It's still a nice cover though.

Edited by Atgxtg

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

On 3/11/2017 at 11:46 AM, Runeblogger said:

What will the Quickstart rules include exactly? How many pages long will they be? And what can you tell us about the scenario?

Are these going to be available in stores outside the US during FreeRPGDay?

The RuneQuest Quickstart, at least the Free RPG day version (it may get tweaked over time) will be 48 pages, which includes an intro scenario with pregren characters.

The scenario has its own thread. We are going to sell the Quickstart for many years to come. How many stores carry it long term we do not know, but it will be available on Chaosium.com for purchase. 

• Like 4

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

7 minutes ago, Baragei said:

You're going to sell the Quickstart? Really?

Well, the BRP DaVinci-cover QS is sold (in deadtree).  There are real costs to production & distribution!

Most game-publishers do it this way, e.g. DM's "Mythras Imperative".

I suspect the PDF will be very-cheap or even free; but I don't know that.  I'd be surprised if the printed/deadtree version were free (after Free RPG Day).

Because costs!

Edited by g33k
typo
  • Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 3/15/2017 at 1:30 PM, Baragei said:

Fair point. In my mind a quickstart is a (free) pdf. Dead tree Quickstarts is another matter.

I prefer deadtree for most of my gaming books.  Even a "Quickstart," given that I'm likely to run it over and over again for different groups of newbies...

To me, a "quickstart" is a stripped-down core ruleset + a few sample PC's and a quick adventure.  PDF, deadtree, bleached lamb-intestine, clay tablet.... whatever.

C'es ne pas un .sig

3 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

All of our PDFs can be printed out. "Printer "friendly" is too difficult to do for all printers, of course, but it can always be printed out.

I believe that is already more generous and conscientious than some other companies that 'give away' pdfs of things.  Thanks Rick!

7 hours ago, styopa said:

I believe that is already more generous and conscientious than some other companies that 'give away' pdfs of things.  Thanks Rick!

I would like to second that! Since I've started my return to Glorantha nearly 2 years ago with the still overwhelming Guide I've acquired tons of PDF documents from Moon Design and later from Chaosium, and all of them were searchable (which is a big help in doing your own research in Glorantha) and printable - and in Germany we use paper formats in our printers, which differ definitely from the formats used in e.g. the USA. That never was an issue.

So thanks from my side too!

Edited by Oracle