Jonstown Compendium Community Resources

Austin

While I'm aware that RuneQuest has a long history of fan publications and that many folks around here have been involved in doing so, as a comparatively new member of the tribe I really don't know well who does, and wants to do, what sorts of work. With the recent advent of the Jonstown Compendium, it seemed to me wise to build a list of community members interested in freelancing. In particular, since people involved in the RuneQuest & Glorantha fan communities are more familiar with the setting and content norms than others.

So here's what I suggest: if you're interested in being contacted through the forums to collaborate on community content products, add a comment noting what work you'd like to do, and I'll add that information to this topic post for ease of access. For example, writing scenarios, editing, proofreading, B&W art, color art, cartography, graphic design & layout, general critique, playtesting, and so on.

Note: no guarantees are made regarding the quality of work or compensation requested by persons listed below. This is a networking resource for content creators, not a marketplace.

Jonstown Compendium Community Freelancers:

• @Crel: Editing, proofreading, manuscript critique. Writing/playtesting if time allows.
  • @lordabdul: Proofreading, layout, B&W art and cartography.
  • @Jerry: Content writing (scenarios, articles, NPCs/monsters, magic items, new mechanics), editing, proofreading, manuscript critique, playtesting, and cartography.
  • @M Helsdon: B&W artwork.
  • @10baseT: Proofreading, playtesting.
  • @davecake: Proofreading, editing, Glorantha fact-checking, playtesting, character & mechanics development, technical assistance for publishing.
  • @soltakss: Content writing, proofreading.
  • @Puckohue: Editing.
  • @Shawn Carpenter: B&W and color illustration.
  • @Shiningbrow: Editing and proofreading.
  • @Diana Probst: B&W and color art.
  • @gochie: Art, editing, and rules revision.
  • @Bill the barbarian: Editing, proofreading, copy-writing, Suspicious Humor.
  • @Dragon: Editing, proofreading, manuscript critique, playtesting, writing (especially mechanics and magic items).
  • @pookie: Reviews.
Edited by Crel
Added pookie- 2/18/20
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

I can proofread and write, but finding time to write anything but my own stuff is a struggle. I am happy to collaborate with more creative types.

• Thanks 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

• 4 weeks later...

I'm taking commissions for artwork at a special rate to support JC projects. I can provide both B&W and color work. Simple compositions featuring a single figure are less expensive than multi-figure compositions. I'm a character artist, so I probably can't help you with sweeping landscapes or architectural drawings.

I've attached a couple of samples.

broo attack.jpg

Water Girl.jpg

The Jest.png

prisoner 2.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

I was not aware of this thread til @Crel mentioned it! 

My special me is editing & proofreading.

I was an examiner for an internationally recognized English test (both writing AND speaking tests), and Head of Academic English for a UK university consortium's Pre-Master's Program here in China. 

I now teach IELTS and academic English writing.

However, I'm fortunate to have lots of free time on my hands, as u freelance with my own language consulting company.

Sometimes I'm a rules lawyer, so may check if something is correct or works (RAW).

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Diana Probst said:

Art of all sorts.

Liquorice Allsorts, yummy! Oh, oops my bad...

In all seriousness, though...

I have been known to attempt humour (have yet to be arrested for attempted humour, but the day is young). 

I have also been caught engaged in at least one of the following: editing, proofreading, writing copy and much more. I have yet to be caught engaged in writing adventures—sandbox or otherwise (but my days are numbered, surely one day the jig will be up).

Rumours, colleagues and clients say that I do not joke while working. Are you brave enough to find out!

• Thanks 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!