Most used BRP supplement?

Conrad

Speaking of that site Gianni has, anyone know enough French or Italian to translate some of those BRP settings?

I've got enough French to translate his Ancient China setting on-the-fly... And it's fantastic! Gianni deserves much credit for his commitment to this system and his creativity, for sure.

I need to commit to doing a full-on translation, but time doesn't permit.

As for my most-frequently used supplement; it would have to be Magic World from the Worlds of Wonder box. Not for the mechanics, but for the sheer inspiration it provides. For game mechanics, it would probably be the Magic Book from RuneQuest 3.

-pax-

Emerging from my Dark Age...

It used to be BaSIC (French version of the original BRP booklet, with lots of additions) when I was GM'ing my Atrilian campaign (Atrilia - le jeu de rôle) -- my, that was ages ago!

Now it's RQ2, but as a player, not a GM.

PS-- thanks for all your comments, they were really heartening. When I started my BRP site I felt like a lonely voice in the desert (it was at the time of the d20 craze).

I've got enough French to translate his Ancient China setting on-the-fly... And it's fantastic! Gianni deserves much credit for his commitment to this system and his creativity, for sure.

Thank you, thank you... :o

I am pretty satisfied with my Imperial Chinese setting -- except for Combat. I am looking forward the new BRP book to try and improve that section!

Guest the Bromgrev

Gianni, I've often been intrigued by your Ancient China setting (hey, look where I am), but my French is non-existent. Wouldn't one of the more linguistically gifted members here like to do an English translation?

Now, supplements - well, when I was actually gaming, the most-used was RQ2 Foes. Saved me months of preparation time, photocopying the pages and making any necessary tweaks only took seconds.

• 4 years later...

Holy necro batman!

I played in an openquest game of Steffs a couple of years back at continuum and really enjoyed myself. It was a mish mash of European colonial history mixed with the discovery of a new continent in the north full of fantasy races and magic weirdness, I liked the concept very much. I wonder if anything is coming of that?

Malleus Monstrorum for creatures

CoFE for running the current campaign,

Mythic Iceland to add some colder regions to The Future Earth,

Operation Ulysses for the SciFi campaign

My 2300AD books as background setting

I must say, I am pleasently surprised by the sheer amount of books coming out or beeing available for the BRP system. It was very different 2008-2010, when only some Monographs were available and BRP felt a bit like an unloved child.

Keep up the good work, guys! :)

• 2 months later...

There are lots I'd like to use.

Those I actually use (none of which are technically 'BRP'):

Cthulhu Rising for the psychic powers

Runequest 3, Call of Cthulhu, Dreamlands, Bronze Grimoire for spells (also ICE Spell Law)

Elric! for rules, and Sailing on the Seas of Fate for maritime

Edited by Questbird
added some titles