Runequest video game

Noita

9 hours ago, Ian Absentia said:

Yeah, and how's that been working out for the video game industry?  I don't feel a wealth of confidence eminating from the fan base in general.

!I!

Pretty well?  I'm not sure what niche you're looking at, there are always disaffected groups but the industry as a whole is stunningly healthy with no end in sight, really.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-12-18-global-games-market-value-rose-to-usd134-9bn-in-2018

https://www.wepc.com/news/video-game-statistics/

image.png.7768f921faa0195230e9e76461748a64.png

(compare to the global film industry which is projected at $38bn in 2016 up to $50bn in 2020.)

Edited by styopa

On 8/21/2019 at 2:49 PM, Shiningbrow said:

Heading for 6 months, and their website still doesn't have anything on it.... awesome.😕

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

• Haha 4

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

11 hours ago, styopa said:

Pretty well? 

I asked about consumer satisfaction with regard to development and delivery schedules across the industry.  You quoted profit curves.  Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but you've made your point several times over.

!i!

carbon copy logo smallest.jpg  ...developer of White Rabbit Green

15 hours ago, soltakss said:

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Dude.  I am a parent.  You can't scare ME with that crap!

- We'll be there when we're there.

- I've got an idea!  Let's all play "who can be quiet the longest?"

- Don't MAKE me turn this thing around!!!

- <annoying woo-woo-guru voice>: "Wherever you go, THERE you are.  So we are THERE now... And we are there NOW... And... " (obligatory contuation, at random intervals throughout the rest of the trip:  woo-woo-guru voice "And we are there now, too!")

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

C'es ne pas un .sig

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

@Rick Meints what's Chaosium's stance on fan-made mods for games, e.g. Elder Scrolls' Oblivion or Skyrim?

I.know some IP holders can be hyper-protective (eg Tolkien Estate), and so try to shut down such projects hard - lawyers, threats of being sued, etc...

I live in China and have my own consulting company here. I've had this idea of getting an IT (Gaming) intern to do up a Glorantha/RQ mod. Interns in China are often unpaid. Sometimes, they'd get paid about the equiavalent of around $500US/£300 per month... (average salary here is about double that!) They usually intern for a few months (6??).

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:

So, I would love to see this come to computer gaming. 

I would too, if done decently.

But again, Cyanide. Their entire business model is getting licenses and churning out half-assed games that sell enough on the brand to make a profit.

Edited by Akhôrahil

2 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

I loved Paranoia! Great game! So, I would love to see this come to computer gaming. 

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/03/08/cyanide-to-adapt-pen-and-paper-rpg-paranoia-to-pc/

The Paranoia game actually already came out a couple months ago on the Epic store. It got very little fanfare or attention -- I didn't know about it until yesterday -- and reviews were not great. Apparently earlier this month it was quietly pulled from the only place that was selling it, and its store page was deleted. No one has said why.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Shiningbrow said:

@Rick Meints what's Chaosium's stance on fan-made mods for games, e.g. Elder Scrolls' Oblivion or Skyrim?

I.know some IP holders can be hyper-protective (eg Tolkien Estate), and so try to shut down such projects hard - lawyers, threats of being sued, etc...

I'm not really sure what you are specifically asking me, but I believe the answer is "no". You cannot use our IP for anything computer game related that will be free, for profit, shared,  distributed, or any combination thereof. We have an exclusive license with a software company. 

If you have a project in mind, please email mob at chaosium, who is our head of licensing. He can best determine what is or isn't possible.

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...

My friends and I have been playing Dark Alliance for the past month.  It is a bit of a hot mess but there is a four star game struggling to show itself in there.

I love going online with my friends and playing Wulfgar to help Bruenor reclaim his home.  The acquisition of moves, feats etc kind of works as progression.

I would play a Glorantha game in a short second.  I would be happy starting slow, stuck in Pavis, or Prax, or Sartar, or Dorastor, or Griffin Mountain.  Provision for fan mods would give it legs for the future, allowing folk to use resources to create scenarios.

To be honest, I would take anything that allowed me to live in a Glorantha setting, even limited and for a short time.

Stephen

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/5/2021 at 7:08 PM, Jeff said:

Not yet. There will be much soon enough.

I need to ask this - what's your definition of the phrase "soon enough"?? It's been another 9 months without any hint about this.

I have reason to believe I won't be living much past another two and a half years - is there any chance I'm going to get to play this video game before then? (my current instincts tell me 'no'... or, if I do, I won't be impressed/excited).