Site Introductions

Trifletraxor

Given my talents I figure my creature will smash down the door and stagger off into the night, groaning and cursing its creator...

The main problem I faced was trying to have distinct flavors of supernatural magic: Wizardry and Divinity. I wound up using the "Magic" rules for Wizardry and the "Sorcery" rules for Divinity, using The Magic Book and a fifth of gin to concoct house rules around them -- mostly about gaining new spells/prayers and limits about how many effects you can have in storage or at your fingertips. I'm sure there are balance issues somewhere, but right now this is intended to be the "kick-in-door, kill-critter, get-phat-lewt" game to balance out my plot-and-angst-heavy Cthulhu game so I'm willing to just schlep along.

• 1 month later...

Hello Everyone,

I'm just in the process of writing a campaign using BRP and thought an account might be a good idea for all those awkward questions. I've been using the basic ruleset for longtime but always in conjunction with CoC except once ofr a homebrew campaign using Elric.

I've been playing and GMing (mostly Gming) for 30 odd years now and have tried out lots of systems but keep coming back to the beautiful simplicity of D100.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there no way to view in desktop mode any longer?

Ack.Nevermind. This IS the desktop view. Gonna take some practice. 

Edited by tooley1chris

Author QUASAR space opera system: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/459723/QUASAR?affiliate_id=810507

My Magic World projects page: Tooleys Underwhelming Projects

Nice, clean format. I like it feeling uncluttered, but a little more artwork would spice it up a bit.

Overall this feels quite neat and orderly

Edited by Mankcam
grammar

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

New Content link worked for me too. Do you still encounter the problem soltakss? We'll shortly have the old artwork up on the walls again.

I had a filter for unread posts, from the old version, which didn't work, but the link above works fine.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

• 2 months later...

Hi, everybody.

I realized I've never introduced myself on the site, despite posting on and off for several years.

I'm Ron.

My first RPG was Metamorphosis Alpha, back in 1979. I played a lot of D&D back then, because that's what everyone else played, but the system never made sense to me. Also played some Gamma World, Top Secret, Aftermath!, the Morrow Project, Monsters! Monsters! and many other games. I don't remember why or when I picked up the boxed set of Runequest, but I absolutely fell in love with the system. It made sense... you got better at what you did, instead of getting better at the things that fit in your job title because you killed things. No one was trapped by their occupation: everyone could cast magic; everyone could fight; everyone could try to pick a lock. Armor absorbed the shock of blows instead of making you harder to hit. But I could never get anyone else to play, and I wasn't talented enough as a GM to run games. In college, I drifted away from roleplaying games, then got trapped in an iceberg for 20 years. When I woke up, everything had changed. There were these things called indie RPGs that I didn't understand. The games were a lot of fun, but the people playing them sounded like deconstructionist philosophers when they talked about the games, and I couldn't figure out how to play them exactly. Oh, and everyone was still playing D&D, and it still didn't make any sense to me. On a whim, I tried to find Chaosium on the Internet. They still existed, but they no longer had the rights to Runequest. But there was this book... a complete roleplaying system. Yes... this is the thing I fell in love with when I was 15!

I've been working on two settings for BRP. Will I ever get them published? Stay tuned... 

Also might be joining a group that plays Runequest soon. 

• Like 1

Site News: have these last couple days been the busiest ever for these forums? Lots of interest in these systems!

It certainly has been...more so than in a long time. It reminds me of those halcilon days when the BGB was in the works, especially when the 'editing' copy was out (which had/has the abosolutely best cover IMHO) and we were poring over it. I hope the same will be remembered of Revolution's play test :-)

• Like 1

Present home-port: home-brew BRP/OQ SRD variant; past ports-of-call: SB '81, RQIII '84, BGB '08, RQIV(Mythras) '12,  MW '15, and OQ '17

BGB BRP: 0 edition: 20/420; .pdf edition: 06/11/08; 1st edition: 06/13/08

• 3 weeks later...

Or if you start posting lots of stuff under, say, "BRP Interplanetary". ;)

Oh! I like that!

LOL!

Edited by Sunwolfe
error

Present home-port: home-brew BRP/OQ SRD variant; past ports-of-call: SB '81, RQIII '84, BGB '08, RQIV(Mythras) '12,  MW '15, and OQ '17

BGB BRP: 0 edition: 20/420; .pdf edition: 06/11/08; 1st edition: 06/13/08

So here's an introduction of another newcomer to this site with a loaded history of activity in the RuneQuest and Glorantha community.

I am Jörg Baumgartner, active on RQ- and Glorantha-related mailing lists and similar newfangled stuff like yahoo-groops, forums or social networks since 1993, and responsible for some sense and some nonsense on those lists, and in a number of cooperative efforts to explore specific corners of Glorantha like Whitewall, the Wilmskirk tribal confederation, or the city of Karse. I've been involved in the Chaos Society (officially Deutsche RuneQuest-Gesellschaft e.V.) almost since its beginning, in various roles (such as president, editor of the German fanzine for 6 issues, giant referee in the life action trollball games at Castle Stahleck, associate editor of Tradetalk), and a somewhat regular attendee at the German RQ/Glorantha/BRP related conventions at Stahleck and lately also the Kraken, as well as a couple of European ones (Convulsion, Chimeriades).

Other than the (now defunct) Buserian Index to Glorantha that was hosted on an older incarnation of the Glorantha site, I still have to deliver my magnum opus for Glorantha. After a long pause I have returned to writing for publication of Glorantha-themed material, and I might even get around to getting my sentimental collection of Glorantha pages back into shape.

I am without a steady roleplaying group right now (or rather I am on a long term leave from my former gaming group due to commuting interfering with my gaming time), so I do most of my roleplaying at conventions (and little enough of that, too).

My major RQ/BRP project was a RQ3 campaign in a fantasy version of RQ Vikings, with a world inheriting from history, Norse myth, popular literature on Welsh and Irish myth, Midkemia, Glorantha and even Pern that also was shared with other narrators of my group. I modified some Stormbringer and Drakar och Demoner rules for inclusion in this world, too.

I have a weird idea for a space opera setting featuring atolls and dugout ships from space plankton and nekton crewed by savages alongside with technologically more advanced human and nonhuman (and mixed) civilisations that I want to write up as a gaming background. (Those space organisms are the feral offspring of an earlier culture's biological space ships and stations. There are no psionic powers without sufficiently advanced technological crutches to explain them, a number of different methods for cheating interstellar distances in space, and a number of ideas for borderline transhuman cultures forming the leading edge of humanity's development.)

• Like 4

Telling how it is excessive verbis