Out now in Print – RuneQuest: Weapons & Equipment

MOB

RQ Weapons and Equipment

RUNEQUEST: Weapons & Equipment Out now in PDF!*

An essential reference guide for RuneQuest players, Weapons & Equipment showcases Gloranthan culture and life, describing the items and services adventurers use every day, exceptional and magic items, as well as how they can sell their hard-won treasure.

RQ Weapons and Equipment

Inside, you’ll find:

• New weapons, armors, and adventuring equipment.
  • Beasts of burden, mounts, and awakened animals.
  • Exotic and rare goods such as magic crystals, enchanted items, extraordinary gems, and rules for attunement.
  • Mercenaries and hirelings.
  • Dwellings and rules for expanding, improving, and customizing holdings.
  • Guidelines and travel times for journeys across Glorantha.
  • Common goods such as foods, drinks, clothing, jewelry, and other everyday items.
  • The Bronze Age world and Gloranthan metals and crafts.

Weapons & Equipment dramatically expands the RuneQuest core rules, with new means of equipping and advancing your adventurers. Gamemasters can use these contents for treasure hoards and other material rewards, making this an invaluable resource for every RuneQuest player.

RUNEQUEST: WEAPONS AND EQUIPMENT

Format: Full Color PDF (Full Color Hardback coming in mid-2022)
Page Count: 128
ISBN: 978-1-56882-525-0
Authors: Richard August, Jason Durall, Martin Helsdon, Eric McGuire, Diana Probst, Jude Reid, Jeff Richard, Jared Twing, Dom Twist
Cover Artist: Ossi Heikkala
Artists: Dimitrina Angelska, Ben Bauchau, Timothy Brumley, Thomas Haller Buchanan, Alberton Foche Duarte, Rocío Espín, Dani Hartel, Ossi Heikkala, Chris Huth, Jeff Laubenstein, Anh Le, Lionel Marty, Naomi Robinson, Simon Roy, Mark Smylie, Gábor Szügyi, Cory Trego-Erdner
Layout: Simeon Cogswell

*Buy the PDF now, get the full price off the full colour hardback when it is released in 2022.

RQ Weapons & Equipment

Edited by Nick Brooke
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

• MOB featured and pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Squaredeal Sten said:

Rumor ( https://godlearners.com/journal-of-runic-studies-30/#Grab_Your_Updated_PDFs  ) has it that as lf 1/10/2022 CE there is an updated / corrected PDF.  If that is so, how do those of us who got the 1.0 version download the 1.01 version?

If you got it from DriveThru, it’s automatically updated at the server end, either in your onebookshelf app (get it, it’s great!) and synching, or by downloading it again from the store.

Edited by Akhôrahil
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Squaredeal Sten said:

No, I bought it direct from Chaosium.

Sign in, go to your orders, find the appropriate order... As you dig down the layers you get to where the PDF(s) are listed. Should be a red square with white arrow -- click it to get to the download page. Then click on the book filename to actually download...

• Helpful 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Spot the problem here:

846756814_Dec21.png.e1b74a1e1e058a78181423231cef0ca4.png

1943651412_Jan22.png.7657c6fed39656059bc1be07c0900763.png

Two versions of the Weapons & Equipment PDF, one I downloaded in December, and another one that I downloaded today.

It seems it was updated during January, but my order details at chaosium.com label the last update to my order as 10 Dec 2021. Yet when I download the PDF now it's the new January 2022 version.

Page 61 of the December version used to show a "Spiked Staff" above the Maul, as posted out by someone else here in a now-hidden post in the Q&A  thread.

1908548304_Screenshot2022-02-28170546.png.443e97cde78bfc2505e1319ec38e5be6.png

In the January version, the title of this item has been corrected to "Two-handed mace", as well as the "Troll maul" changing to "Troll-made maul".

837476234_Screenshot2022-02-28170616.png.8d0f66db3a81f04e8e41141c9cbfa245.png

Just pointing out that there seems to be a version numbering issue here, and possibly an issue updating the orders list (the date normally changes when a newer PDF is uploaded IIRC). Some people here might be lacking this latest update.

Edited by Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Finally had my copy printed out with high quality glossy print and bound at the printers.

Absolutely fantastic addition to the rules set!

Filled some large gaps in game mechanics and now I won’t have to sift through multiple versions during games anymore. Well done!

• 1 month later...

Our Polish printer has sent over an advance copy of RuneQuest: Weapons & Equipment — looking good!

Remember, the PDF version is available now; get the cost of the PDF off your purchase of the 128 page full color hardback when it is out, mid year!

400766690_Weapons1.thumb.png.66f3f2fbe7f0382941d5d6c26083f573.png

1546784631_Weaponsinside1.thumb.png.d3b75800fe363b9862e0eeb2eb60ac58.png

787160207_Weapons3.thumb.png.8aace3c777c822288e2451736f21fa7e.png

1695042762_Weapons4.thumb.png.aafc7660004d6b60097ac2d75a3aeb5e.png

• Like 3
  • Helpful 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Thanks 1

--

The Voralans presents Glorantha's magical mushroom humanoids, the black elves. "Absolutely phenomenal" - Austin C. "Seriously weird-ass shit" - John D. "A great piece of work" - Leon K. The Electrum best-selling The Children of Hykim documents Glorantha's shape-changing totemic animal people, the Hsunchen. "Magisterial ... highly recommended" - Nick Brooke. "Lovingly detailed and scholarly, and fun to read" - John H. "Absolutely wonderful!" - Morgan C.

On 7/28/2022 at 9:44 PM, Soccercalle said:

This means a lag of 7 months between pdf and physical copy. Does that mean that none of the products that were promised in January will be released thias year? (Based on the new policy on no more pdf-first releases.)

While I am interested by the answer, please keep in mind that Chaosium has not promised anything, nor could they since they do not control all the variables. They gave us vague ETAs that I am sure they would like to meet as much as we do.

• Like 3

• Nick Brooke changed the title to Out now in Print – RuneQuest: Weapons & Equipment

There was some errata back in the day regarding the Metals of Acos (p. 13), as far as I know. However, at least the v1.01 (Jan 2022) PDF I downloaded yesterday still has some errors, IMHO. In the illustrations, "lo-metal" is mentioned twice and there is no "ur-metal" at all. I suspect, the metals I've circled in the attached image, the orange-brown ones, are in fact bronze, i.e. hu-metal, and the sword isn't bronze/hu-metal but iron/ur-metal instead. At least that's how I'm interpreting the illustrations. If this is in fact a correct interpretation, then note this for future errata.

metals.png

8 minutes ago, Lurking Grue said:

There was some errata back in the day regarding the Metals of Acos (p. 13), as far as I know. However, at least the v1.01 (Jan 2022) PDF I downloaded yesterday still has some errors, IMHO. In the illustrations, "lo-metal" is mentioned twice and there is no "ur-metal" at all. I suspect, the metals I've circled in the attached image, the orange-brown ones, are in fact bronze, i.e. hu-metal, and the sword isn't bronze/hu-metal but iron/ur-metal instead. At least that's how I'm interpreting the illustrations. If this is in fact a correct interpretation, then note this for future errata.

metals.png

The circled illustrations on the left include clacks (square coins) so seem to be copper.

1 hour ago, Lurking Grue said:

metals.png

I don't think so. According to the text description Lo-metal is the metal of Lodril, and its red in color, like fire. So this description matches perfectly the display of Lo-metal, that's circled in the illustration. And according to the text description Hu-metal is a cross between Gata’s and Zrethus’, i.e. between Ga-metal (copper) and Ze-metal (tin). The color of the Hu-metal sword matches this description from my point of view.

But you're right, Lo-metal appears two times in this illustration, but I'm more inclined to say the circlet in the lower right corner is in fact Ul-metal (silver), which according to the text description is white in color, whereas the illustration titled Ul-metal is Ur-metal (Iron) in fact.

But the coins displayed in the illustration (if these are coins in all cases) again do not match these descriptions ...

24 minutes ago, Oracle said:

Lo-metal appears two times in this illustration

Remember that Lo-metal has two forms: quicksilver and aluminum.  (And the item to lower right would fit the latter.)

It is possible though that the red metal called lo-metal should really be ga-metal (hence the clacks).