Two new Cults of RuneQuest titles out now: The Lightbringers and The Earth Goddesses

MOB

lightbringers-earth-goddesses.png

Two new titles in the Cults of RuneQuest series are out today in full colour hardcover! 

Cults of RuneQuest: The Lightbringers

Cults of RuneQuest: The Lightbringers is the second book in the new Cults of RuneQuest sourcebook series for the RuneQuest TTRPG. This book is the player’s guide to the storm pantheon, opening up character creation and advancement to a whole new level.

• A player-facing RuneQuest supplement.
  • 19 cults, each of which can be used as the bases for a new RuneQuest character, offering a unique selection of spells, skills, and special traits.
  • Expand existing RuneQuest characters by adding cults from this book to their roster of worshiped gods.
  • Lore and history of the Lightbringer pantheon of gods.
  • Rules to advance your character to a God-Talker, Rune Priest, or even a mighty Rune Lord!

Leeatherette Lightbringers

CHA4043-H
$39.99*
168 Pages
Hardcover, full color
ISBN: 978-1-56882-467-3
Authors: Greg Stafford, Jeff Richard
Cover Art: Loïc Muzy
Interior Art: Loïc Muzy, Agathe Pitié, Katrin Dirim, Antonia Doncheva, Andrey Fetisov, Ossi Hiekkala, Roman Kisyov.
Also available in special leatherette version and at DriveThruRPG.

Cults of RuneQuest: The Earth Goddesses

Cults of RuneQuest: The Earth Goddesses is the third book in the new Cults of RuneQuest sourcebook series for the RuneQuest TTRPG. This book is the player’s guide to the earth pantheon, opening up character creation and advancement to a whole new level.

• A player-facing RuneQuest supplement.
  • 16 cults, each of which can be used as the bases for a new RuneQuest character, offering a unique selection of spells, skills, and special traits.
  • Expand existing RuneQuest characters by adding cults from this book to their roster of worshiped gods.
  • Lore and history of the Earth gods pantheon.
  • Rules to advance your character to a God-Talker, Rune Priestess, or even a mighty Rune Lord!

Earth Goddesses Leatherette

CHA4044-H
$37.99*
144 Pages
Hardcover, full color
ISBN: 978-1-56882-468-0
Authors: Greg Stafford, Jeff Richard
Cover Art: Loïc Muzy
Interior Art: Loïc Muzy, Agathe Pitié, Katrin Dirim
Also available in special leatherette version and at DriveThruRPG.

Both these supplements requires only the RuneQuest core rules to play.

Also available in the Cults of RuneQuest series: The Prosopaedia.

*price includes PDF when purchased direct from Chaosium.com and from Friendly Local Game Stores that are part of the Bits & Mortar initiative.

Edited by MOB
  • Like 10
  • Helpful 1

• MOB featured and pinned this topic

I got both books yesterday and they completely restored this slightly jaded Gloranthafan (well, I have been into the setting since the 80s) to full-on fanaticism. These are the long-form cult write-ups the game has deserved all these years 🙂

Congratulations and thanks to all the team involved in producing these marvellous books 🙂

• Like 7

Head Honcho of D101 Games
Publisher of Crypts and Things/Monkey/OpenQuest/River of Heaven
The Sorcerer Under the Mountain

3 minutes ago, StephenMcG said:

Am I late to the show with Elmal once more presented as Yelmalio? 

Never too late for that discussion.

4 minutes ago, StephenMcG said:

Was that part of the rollback to 2nd Edition or has the thinking progressed so far we have come full circle?  🙂

New thinking about an old question.

A lot of people don't like it, but they can play however they want in their games.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

1 minute ago, soltakss said:

New thinking about an old question.

A lot of people don't like it, but they can play however they want in their games.

I am interested in the new thinking, is there a thread on it?

I have no strong opinions on it, just like to keep up.  I feel like I have been catching up for decades and find myself behind again! 😄

6 minutes ago, StephenMcG said:

I am interested in the new thinking, is there a thread on it?

There are very many threads about it! 🙂

The best way is to Google Elmal vs Yelmalio and sit back and enjoy.

Edited by soltakss
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

8 minutes ago, StephenMcG said:

Apologies.  I was only on p12 (books arrived today), where Yelmalio is listed among the God's of Storm.  Did not realise he would not feature later on (I have been flicking ahead).

He's reasonably important in storm mythology as Orlanth's ally (and their cults are occasionally associated), but he's much more important than as just an Orlanthi solar god so he gets put with the rest of his family in their own book.

Edited by Richard S.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to be notified when those books are available in Canadian warehouses? I'm itching to buy them but at present the shipping costs are nearly the cost of an entire extra book. Assuming that copies are expected to be available in Canada in the near future, I'm thinking my best option might be to buy in PDF for now and purchase the physical copies later.

I could look for physical copies in nearby stores, but I don't think my chances are very good.

4 hours ago, rykemasters said:

I could look for physical copies in nearby stores, but I don't think my chances are very good.

Given the potentially long wait for the Canadian warehouse to re-open, I was able to special order the books from my friendly local game store. The physical books have reached Canadian distributors so your FLGS should be able to get them; I ordered from one that takes part in Bits & Mortar, and they sent me the link for the PDFs while I await the physical copies. 

17 minutes ago, Jens said:

Given the potentially long wait for the Canadian warehouse to re-open, I was able to special order the books from my friendly local game store. The physical books have reached Canadian distributors so your FLGS should be able to get them; I ordered from one that takes part in Bits & Mortar, and they sent me the link for the PDFs while I await the physical copies. 

I didn't find anything remotely local. I found a place on the other end of the country with one (1) copy of the books, but shipping is even worse than getting it from Chaosium... The total price ends up being the same or even slightly higher. I'll keep looking but it seems like few participating stores in eastern Canada carry many Runequest products.

I already bought the PDFs from Chaosium. I didn't really think of it in advance, but getting the PDFs along with the physical purchase is a different matter from getting the price of the PDF refunded off the physical purchase. The Bits & Mortar participating store doesn't take the Chaosium coupon code, obviously. If you send a proof of purchase from a participating store to Chaosium along with a valid coupon code, do they refund the value of the PDFs?

1 hour ago, rykemasters said:

I didn't find anything remotely local. I found a place on the other end of the country with one (1) copy of the books, but shipping is even worse than getting it from Chaosium... The total price ends up being the same or even slightly higher. I'll keep looking but it seems like few participating stores in eastern Canada carry many Runequest products.

From their websites, both le Valet d'Coeur (Montréal) and l'Imaginaire (Québec, Longueuil, Laval, Sherbrooke, Trois-Rivière) both carry RQ. Lightbringers and Earth Godesses are not on their websites yet but since the Prosopedia is, I suspect they have the intention to get them.

I suggest you give them a call and make sure they order and reserve them for you.

Now if you live in Val d'or, Gaspé or Jonquière, that is not quite local but maybe shipping is not that bad?

3 hours ago, rykemasters said:

I already bought the PDFs from Chaosium. I didn't really think of it in advance, but getting the PDFs along with the physical purchase is a different matter from getting the price of the PDF refunded off the physical purchase. The Bits & Mortar participating store doesn't take the Chaosium coupon code, obviously. If you send a proof of purchase from a participating store to Chaosium along with a valid coupon code, do they refund the value of the PDFs?

I do not believe they do so; at least, not as a general case.

But, as always, the real answer can *only* come from @Chaosium.
I suggest customerservice@chaosium.com rather than forum posts...

C'es ne pas un .sig

2 hours ago, DreadDomain said:

From their websites, both le Valet d'Coeur (Montréal) and l'Imaginaire (Québec, Longueuil, Laval, Sherbrooke, Trois-Rivière) both carry RQ. Lightbringers and Earth Godesses are not on their websites yet but since the Prosopedia is, I suspect they have the intention to get them.

I suggest you give them a call and make sure they order and reserve them for you.

Now if you live in Val d'or, Gaspé or Jonquière, that is not quite local but maybe shipping is not that bad?

Are they actually participating in the Bits & Mortar program? I would greatly enjoy not having to pay twice for PDF and print. Only one specific Imaginaire store seems to be listed, but I assume they share an online store. My local Imaginaire has sometimes carried RQ, but only a couple copies of one or two books at a time.

Thanks for the help though, and @g33k as well. It's true the books aren't that hard to find here, at least not within a short delay of a few weeks, probably. It's mostly just that I got in the habit of ordering straight from Chaosium and I've come to expect getting the price of the PDF off the physical book. It's a bit of a luxury at the end of the day and I'll see what I do. I almost certainly will buy a physical copy of the books one way or another.

I couldn’t find a local store that was stocking the books, but most will special order if they are available from their distributors, and as long as you pick up from them I haven’t been charged shipping. Have you tried asking your local Imaginaire? I ordered from Rain City Games in Vancouver  

Sadly your PDF coupon is only valid at the Chaosium store, and don’t think you’d get a refund if you buy a second copy through B&M- best bet might be to regift if you do. 

2 hours ago, rykemasters said:

Are they actually participating in the Bits & Mortar program? I would greatly enjoy not having to pay twice for PDF and print. Only one specific Imaginaire store seems to be listed, but I assume they share an online store. My local Imaginaire has sometimes carried RQ, but only a couple copies of one or two books at a time.

Thanks for the help though, and @g33k as well. It's true the books aren't that hard to find here, at least not within a short delay of a few weeks, probably. It's mostly just that I got in the habit of ordering straight from Chaosium and I've come to expect getting the price of the PDF off the physical book. It's a bit of a luxury at the end of the day and I'll see what I do. I almost certainly will buy a physical copy of the books one way or another.

Unfortunately, the Chaosium coupon and Bits and Mortar are not connected or transferable as far as I know. Maybe you can get Chaosium to refund you and remove the pdf from your library if you demonstrate you bought a hardcopy and got the pdf from B&M. That would truly be an exceptional gesture from Chaosium due to the situation but I would not expect it. It only costs an e-mail to ask.

Call your Imaginaire and ask them if they partipate in B&M. In any case, I am sure they will order the books for you.

• 2 weeks later...