looking for a cool name for an Alynx

Oracle

After realizing, that this would a complete misuse of the original thread, so I have move my question to its own thread.

1 hour ago, AndrewTBP said:

I’m happy to report that the Jack O’Bear encounter was a success. It took me a whole Tuesday evening to get the Unpredictable Attacks to work with the Powercards API script in Roll20. In play it was fun, and Corner of the Eye was triggered by Oracle’s Alynx Companion, so we got to see both attacks. 

Speaking of my Alynx companion,  I would like to invoke the tribe's creativity. I'm playing the character with it's Alynx companion already several months, but I still did not get a cool name for the Alynx. In the HeroQuest PbF I'm participating another player had an Alynx with the name Purrs-a-lot, which I really liked. But this name has been used already, so I'm looking for something similar and ask you for your help, because I've failed so far. (Ichty as well as Scratchy are out ... too many vibes, which go into the wrong direction ... 😉)

16 minutes ago, Oracle said:

I'm playing the character with it's Alynx companion already several months, but I still did not get a cool name for the Alynx.

Some of these will depend upon the Alynx' characteristics (e.g. eye color, fur color, typical sounds, etc.)

Longfang, Brighteye, Stormfur, Dragonclaw, Lightning, Sleek Fur, Darkwalk, Shadowblessed, Screech, Windwalker, Icetooth, Stormstreak, Firetail, Snowspot, Snowfoot, Cloud, Blackring, Starpoint, Stormchild, Galerunner, Blueboots, Moonchaser, Patch, Ghost, Windspirit, Greymane

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tufts / Greytufts etc.

Mouser

Fencer

Lounger 

Leaper 

Pouncer 

Lunger

Spots 

Stripes

Lucky 

Duskwalker, Dusk-guest

Old Man / Old Lady / Sir / Elder

Spooks / Ghast / Shadow 

Watcher 

Stalker

Eavesdropper ("Eaves" for short)

Screech(er) 

Rambler 

Walker 

Runner 

Nightkit 

Moonkit

Wildkit 

Housekit 

Footkit 

Sentry

Watcher

Edited by Sir_Godspeed
  • Like 1

Soltak Stormspear had an alynx called Stormpuss, it was a magical spirit that grew wings when it inhabited an alynx but could relocate to a new host if the old one was killed.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

18 hours ago, Joerg said:

SeewhatIcaught!

One of our prior cats (who was named Sunrise due to the bright spot on her forehead) could well have gone by the name Volebane (usually only recognizable at the end by a small pile of guts), or Rodentbane (she really didn't discriminate - quite readily killed mice, beheaded chipmunks, and on rare occasions caught moles).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jajagappa said:

One of our prior cats (who was named Sunrise due to the bright spot on her forehead) could well have gone by the name Volebane (usually only recognizable at the end by a small pile of guts), or Rodentbane (she really didn't discriminate - quite readily killed mice, beheaded chipmunks, and on rare occasions caught moles).

So lady death on 4 legs might be appropriate (or lord)? And should that spot be red... glowspot....

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

My friend used a Warhammer random Chaos name generator to name his kitten.  He settled on Skullcrush Throb-toad.  It was shortened to Skull or Skullie, but never carried the same dignity as his full name.

Some less complimentary suggestions:  Lurker, Runt, Skank, Ambush.

Just steer away from names from Cats them Musical.

• Like 1

You could go all Terry Pratchett, call it "cuddles":

As the evil looking Alynx with glittering eyes and long, needle sharp claws emits a low growl like a distant rumble of thunder, a stalking malignant expression of bestial cruelty, taunting their quivering prey before pouncing...

"Oh cuddles, he's just a big softie, give him a poke if he bothers you"

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
19 hours ago, Agentorange said:

Mr Fluffy ?

That is basically what Cerberos means in Greek, you know, the 3 headed hound of hell, yep, Fluffy.  Never let it be said that Hades lacks a sense of humor. (Also see Darwin Awards).

Edited by Darius West