What did you learn at the Impromptu Con?

Runeblogger

So this weekend an improvised virtual con consisting of panels to talk about Gloranthan and non-Gloranthan topics was advertised and organised on Facebook and conducted on Discord. And I missed it completely 😫  even though I had been forewarned! So, if you managed to attend, would you mind sharing what interestings bits you learned from it? ☺️  (pretty please?)

• Like 3

Read my Runeblog about RuneQuest and Glorantha at: http://elruneblog.blogspot.com.es/

It was a fun post-con bar chat event so topics ran wild. From a RQ view there are lots of books and box sets in the pipe inc the Starter Box Set, the Sartar Box set (yes that is confusing), plus the gods book and GMs guide. There are also a bunch of scenario packs but these won't see print until 2022 (manuscripts are mostly done it's just about prioritising the core set first). White Bear Red Moon and Nomad Gods are to get a re-release too! 

And there was this: 

I'll let Jeff explain...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I don't know what's already known, but what I learned (and I could be wrong, because JD and coke) ...

• Sartar is a Box Set
  • Jason ran off a list of things being worked on and I didn't catch them all :)
  • Dragon Pass and Nomad Gods update/reissue confirmed.
  • Some interesting Malkioni stuff such as the lower castes don't actually use sorcery - Spirit/Rune is fine, hence the reason Sorcery is the way it is (I think I kind of knew this but this was a good clarification).
  • Rick has waaaay too many full bookshelves of stuff.  Like all the stuff. :)
Edited by Stormwalker
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Runeblogger said:

So this weekend an improvised virtual con consisting of panels to talk about Gloranthan and non-Gloranthan topics was advertised and organised on Facebook and conducted on Discord. And I missed it completely 😫  even though I had been forewarned! So, if you managed to attend, would you mind sharing what interestings bits you learned from it? ☺️  (pretty please?)

Finally learned how to use Discord! And was able to help others, so not bad. Sorry you missed, RB.

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

6 hours ago, Beoferret said:

Did anyone catch how far along (roughly) various RQ projects are in the pipeline? Any art previews available for us to salivate over?

I respect and understand that people are often super duper keen to know WHEN stuff is likely to be published, but we have tried to very much not yield to that temptation any more in regards to providing "guesstimates" for when things will be up for sale. To cut to the chase, even saying that a manuscript is 90% complete can be very misleading. We are happy to talk about things that are being worked on, and happy to show off recent progress or confess to delays, but we are largely out of the business of answering "when" questions until a product has gone to final layout and an actual realistic and fairly estimable release date is in sight. I apologize for sounding insensitive to anyone's desires, but "how far along" a project is is not something that we can quantify and assign a date for completion. Even if you think we should, could, or would be able to do that, that's just not the case. As for art previews, we regularly post those on Facebook, often on a weekly or more frequent basis.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

9 minutes ago, Rick Meints said:

I respect and understand that people are often super duper keen to know WHEN stuff is likely to be published, but we have tried to very much not yield to that temptation any more in regards to providing "guesstimates" for when things will be up for sale. To cut to the chase, even saying that a manuscript is 90% complete can be very misleading. We are happy to talk about things that are being worked on, and happy to show off recent progress or confess to delays, but we are largely out of the business of answering "when" questions until a product has gone to final layout and an actual realistic and fairly estimable release date is in sight. I apologize for sounding insensitive to anyone's desires, but "how far along" a project is is not something that we can quantify and assign a date for completion. Even if you think we should, could, or would be able to do that, that's just not the case. As for art previews, we regularly post those on Facebook, often on a weekly or more frequent basis.

Totally understood, Rick. Not trying to be a pain in the ass (honestly.) It is exciting to know that there are a bunch of products in the official pipeline; it also has the nice corollary that RQG must be doing well product-wise or else so much new material wouldn't be in production. I have seen some of the GoG art previews and maps that Jeff has shared, I'm just pretty dang eager to get a taste of some of the other stuff. I will indeed happily cop to being "super duper keen" 😁!

5 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

I respect and understand that people are often super duper keen to know WHEN stuff is likely to be published, but we have tried to very much not yield to that temptation any more in regards to providing "guesstimates" for when things will be up for sale.

Yes, and this was confirmed at Impromptu Con, the grand old Chaosium tradition of "Coming next year..." is no more. ;)

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Scotty said:

It's an informal event. No recordings were made. Likewise once over we reset the Discord server fresh for the next one.

Having lived in Jasper (read: goddess's country) for half my adult life and only having a few pics (how, what, why... man why)  I like the transience of the experience of life. Even then I suppose I know why some want the pics...
image.png.2e0232a1d5768787bbfe642241258278.png

• Sad 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!