Astounding Adventures! BRP goes Pulp!

Wow! This looks great! I love the cover artwork, it's up there with the Pulp covers for WW Adventure, SW Thrilling Tales, and Hollow Earth. Really two-fisted pulpy stuff, brilliant.

Although I got tired of waiting for Pulp Cthulhu and started my own Pulp Cthulhu campaign - just a few tweaks to the usual rules, and now I'm using 1920s Cthulhu resources & scenarios to run a Low Pulp campaign. Getting so much more mileage out of Call of Cthulhu now, alot of fun.

I'ld like to see what the official Pulp rules are however, as it didn't take much to use the current BRP rules for Pulp actually. In any case this product is now certainly on my wish list!

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

I never thought there was much point to putting out a Pulp Cthulhu book... CoC is already pretty much there IMO. But this sounds cool... especially if it aims more for the actual stories and variety of the Pulps, vs. 'Pulp' as shorthand for 'Whacky Action'.

I'm not sure I want/need rules for mooks, but I'd be up for some games featuring The Spider or Doc Savage.

I'm not sure I want/need rules for mooks, but I'd be up for some games featuring The Spider or Doc Savage.

I love using mook rules for BRP. It really impacts the flow of the game. Looking forward to reading this.

70/420

I love using mook rules for BRP. It really impacts the flow of the game. Looking forward to reading this.

It depends on the setting and the mood of the adventure. I like mook rules as well, but I do not always use them. Most times I mix up some 'normal' NPCs with mooks, so the players never know if the 'harder NPCs are important or not. ;)

Hmm! I didn't know BRP needed mook rules. When want to differentiate between Important People and Non-Important People I would use the Total Hit Points option. Either way I am very curious to see what they look like.

Astounding Adventures is for sure a book I will get. Been in the mood for some Indy style adventures actually.

Hmm! I didn't know BRP needed mook rules.

BRP doesn't need them so much as there presence steers to a different feel in play. Much like BRP doesn't need Sanity points. Dragon Lines utilizes mook rules to great effect. I'm looking forward to seeing Pulp's take on them.

70/420

Not saying the mook rules is a bad thing will be interesting to see how they are formed. Don't have Dragon Lines so don't have anything to compare it too.

Really looking forward to see this product either way since it covers a very loved genre. Takes me back to the early days where we used Chill to cover the the Pulp needs. Yes I know it was a horror game but for us it always felt more like a Pulp game. If we wanted real horror we would have played Call of Cthulhu ofcourse. ;-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I would guess that a lot of the content for Pulp Cthulhu has found its way into the this book. I think it makes sense to put out a classic Pulp book, and possibly just add some footnotes of how to involve the Mythos if a Pulp Cthulhu campaign is desired. BTW does anyone have a firm idea of a release date?

" Sure it's fun, but it is also well known that a D20 roll and an AC is no match against a hefty swing of a D100% and a D20 Hit Location Table!"

• 3 months later...