Page 10

[what is a normal appetite? less information is more here]

Delete redundant text

Page 22

To match up the text with the Hit Location:

Jardarin’s Hit Locations

Abdomen 09–11 8/8

Page 27

between the Kultain and LocaemTribes[comma] and the Balmyr and Sambari Tribes.

Page 119

[Climb roll?].

Possibly change to

[Climb roll required].

Page 7 first sentence after first heading:

"The Three Emeralds Temple is carved deep into the rock of Pegasus Plateau and dedicated it to the three different aspects of Ernalda"

Change to

"The Three Emeralds Temple is carved deep into the rock of the Pegasus Plateau and is dedicated to the three different aspects of Ernalda"

I think the map of the Woods of the Dead on page 86 really needs a scale for distance, considering how many elements in the text rely upon the distance the adventurers travel through the Wood, or how far they are from a given landmark.

• Like 4

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

p.26: Section Aftermath, second paragraph

If the adventurers let a hippogriff be harmed in Rival
Triumphant
(see page @) the hippogriff convocation
soon abandons Pegasus Plateau again.

The placeholder @ should be replaced with the real page number (which is p.24).

p.29: The map:

The Kultain tribe is no more, AFAIK. Should this be the Olontongi tribe now?

The secondary road connecting Bend village and Twotop Fort is unfortunately drawn like the tribal border of the Locaem tribe.

The map legend blots out the Aurochs Hills and the named feature Honor Rock (not shown on any other map)

p.37 Swentown should be Swantown

p.39 “saw Jar-Eel elevate Pharandros” I suppose this means Moirades, unless Jar-eel stuck around after Moirades’ ascension and handed the crown to Moirades son.

p.79 Jena Farmastdottir (not Finmast)

p.136 What is Jongor doing with 90% Loyalty (Jongor) ?

Telling how it is excessive verbis

9 minutes ago, Joerg said:

The Kultain tribe is no more, AFAIK. Should this be the Olontongi tribe now?

That's actually still in flux.  With materials I'm working with both exist (Kultain centered at Two Top, Olontongi outside of Whitewall).  I'd just say the area is rather turbulent post-Broyan.

Page 13. Dastaldarin is listed as a Devotee of the Feathered Horse Queen. As the rank does not exist in RQ:G, should probably be a God-talker?

Page 15. Nameed is listed as a Devotee of Storm Bull. As the rank does not exist in RQ:G, should probably be a Storm Khan/Rune Lord?

Page 88. "A thick fillet (headband) of gold, set with onyxes, with stylized bees, flowers, and honeycombs worked into décorative patterns. The cloth and leather portions have rotted away, but it could be restored for around 50 L, boosting its value to 750 L, total." The entry doesn't say what this is boosted from, in case people want to sell the remains as is. Also no need for the acute in Decorative.

Page 91. Baran has the "Cult Lore (Orlanth Thunderous)" -- it probably should be "Cult Lore (Issaries)" given other references to him as an Issaries member (if lapsed.)

Page 97. "Spirit magic cast based on these Runes cost 1 less magic point than normal (to a minimum 1 point) if magic points are spent in conjunction with the Rune spell." "Spirit magic" should be "Rune magic".

Page 144. Escatar's passion "Love (Anna Renekot)" should be "Love (Anla Renekot)"

Page 145. "Kentin recognizes that the Lunar delegate Escatal is washed out" -- should be "Escatar" rather than "Escatal."

Page 154. "Based on a few artifacts brought back from the ruins, Kentin Haley speculates there may also be hints of a Darra Happan settlement of some kind." -- Should be "Dara Happan", rather than "Darra Happan."

Pg. 73 Kanarg's rune spells are listed twice. 

Scale on the map of the Forrest of the Dead would be nice. Labeling the roads would be nice too. 

Pg. 144 is Escatar's chaos rune really supposed to be 80%?

Edited by Frp
Addition
  • Like 1

I  second adding a scale and more labels on the Woods of the Dead map. This map actually has a couple more issues, I think:

• Isn't there a missing town/village drawing under the Amadhall label? As it is, it looks like "Amadhall" is the name of a valley (like the Valley of the Chalk Man), but AFAIK it's the name of the Amad tribe centre. Maybe it's both, I don't know...
  • There are mentions of the "Herongreen Road' in the text but I'm not sure what it is... the King's Road and Pavis Road are marked, the road leading to Alone is the Dusk Road... so I don't know where that Herongreen Road is? (again, road labels would help). It looks to me like it's another name for the Pavis Road?
  • It's not clear to me either where the Herongreen Wall is. It might be good to draw it on the map.
  • The Big Stones Crossing is not found on the map, nor does its description say where it is.... starting the description with "Here, ..." is a bit funny as a result. I assume it was supposed to be marked on the map. Between this and the missing Amadhall village, I wonder if the PDF map is not the final map? Or maybe the crossing was supposed to, instead, feature on the Black Rock map on p89? (since I think it's right next to Black Rock village)
  • The High Rocks are another example where it's not super clear where they are. It's only mentioned that they are "in the north" (of the woods I assume?). FWIW, it's not quite consistent with the map in The Coming Storm, which shows High Rocks on the other side of the Dusk Road, very close north-west of Highwall Inn.

I understand that not all listed locations need to feature on the map, but those that don't should have a precise description. This is the case for example of Highwall Inn.

Edited by lordabdul

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

One thing I should make absolutely clear is that the Glorantha of HeroQuest and that of RuneQuest are not identical. 

This is a deliberate editorial decision and we're leaving it up to fans to determine whether to reconcile them or not. 

RQG is its own line, a new interpretation of the setting based on prior versions but also incorporating previous unpublished materials from Greg and based on lengthy discussions with Greg and Jeff. Anyone expecting RQG and HQG to be completely synchronous will be sorely disappointed. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Jason Durall said:

Anyone expecting RQG and HQG to be completely synchronous will be sorely disappointed. 

Fair enough -- you can ignore half of my 5th bullet point, then. And thank you very much for clarifying Chaosium's position on this! I believe the other points I made are still valid, and small corrections to the text and/or map would greatly help comprehension.

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

Pg 77, Senela has two differing sets of Rune Spells. Also her Befuddle spirit magic, her Charm skill, and the first letter of her Dance skill are all in bold type.

Pg 144, It says "Not Lunars all decadent,..." for Escatar's slogan, probably meant to be "Not all Lunars are decadent,...".

Edited by Mirza

p88 (underline mine): "A permanent Bladesharp 2 spell has been bound into it (+10%, +2 damage), and any wounds it causes poisoning as if from Wyvern Venom of POT equal to the damage suffered."

Should be reworded a bit, maybe "..., and any wounds it causes gain poisoning...".

Next sentence: ". For example, someone suffering 7 points of damage after any armor and magical protection suffers an additional POT 7 does of wyvern venom."

I suppose that should be "dose".

Next table entry: "...honeycombs worked into décorative patterns."

Should "decorative" have an acute accent? (looks like it was written by some francophone person :) )

Finally, whoever came with those teeth for entry 19 has a severely twisted mind, and I applaud them.

If people are going to suggest that specific elements are (Kultain, Jar-eel elevating Pharandros, etc.), please cite from the Guide, Sourcebook, or RQ book that you think we are contradicting. Please do NOT cite from HQ materials, HW materials, or forum posts. 

• Like 4

Credits page (p.i of PDF): "SPECIAL THANKS" line looks a bit mangled (names before intro). Suggest:

"SPECIAL THANKS GO to these people who contributed greatly or a little, but whose impact has affected the game: Ellie Akers, Shel Kahn, Anne Merrill, and Jan Pospisil. Our apologies to any others who were unrecorded."

(This follows similar wording used in RuneQuest: Roleplaying in Glorantha)

Many of the NPC's appear to have added the move silently penalty for each piece of armor they are wearing - but it was my understanding (and can't find a change) that it was the highest penalty for the "noisiest armor that was used (and not the sum). E.G. Jardin on pg 21 has a move quietly penalty of -70, but by my understanding, the penalty should be -25 for the heavy scale skirt (the armor piece with the worst penalty).  This same interpretation is repeated with several NPCs wearing heavy armor.