Your Dumbest Theory

scott-martin

1 hour ago, Mark Mohrfield said:

From the Guide; " Arkat Returns Five times! The ways of Heroquesting are abruptly opened, and it isn’t what everyone expected. One is a troll, one is a Chaos monster, and no one is quite sure which incarnation the other three are." One the remaining three Arkats is a Duck, which certainly no one expected. However, no one believes him. "But honest and truly, I am Arkat!" He attempts to prove that he is Arkat to anyone he meets by imitating some past feat of the ancient hero. These always spectacularly backfire. One day, an attempt will backfire so badly that it will end the Third Age, thus proving his point.

Perhaps this Arkat is the Three Ducks in a Trenchcoat hero mentioned in another post above.

Another Dumb Idea:  The Kralori Emperors don't take the souls of the dead with them to heaven when they ascend - they EAT them to become Dragons.  Everyone involved in the Kralorela religious system is shovelling themselves into the maw of a dragon-wannabe.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, John Biles said:

Another Dumb Idea:  The Kralori Emperors don't take the souls of the dead with them to heaven when they ascend - they EAT them to become Dragons.  Everyone involved in the Kralorela religious system is shovelling themselves into the maw of a dragon-wannabe.

I'll believe it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

I'll believe it.

Yeah, much of this is not so dumb. Someone in any sufficiently complex Glorantha believes these things. And sometimes they come true.

Sometimes I look at Genertela and see the Mediterranean Sea reversed. Maybe we can all do dumber.

• Like 1

singer sing me a given

9 minutes ago, French Desperate WindChild said:

the red goddess wants Orlanth death
Argrath is the one who killed / reshape Orlanth so Argrath did what the red godess wanted

the red goddess is Nysalor heir

Argrath is Arkat heir.

Argrath has red hair

Arkat is Nysalor

Argrath is the red goddess

I'd believe it

53 minutes ago, Crel said:

Then clearly we need to go dumber. :D

I spotted an undercurrent of "Argrath equals Jar-Eel" the other day so we are clearly closing in on something important here. 

Of course all the RQ3 Ladyhawke stuff in the West also really happened during the Castle Coast heritage cosplay craze of 1613-19.

• Like 1

singer sing me a given

1 hour ago, Crel said:

Then clearly we need to go dumber. :D

Okay.  Prominent among the God Learner efforts to apply a universal template to a variable and relativistic world was the establishment of the Moral Alignment Enneagram Matrix.  Though ultimately rejected along with the God Learners themselves, rumor has it that vestiges of the Matrix persist in other, parallel versions of Glorantha, and that it works better than the reality that we all know.

!i!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

carbon copy logo smallest.jpg  ...developer of White Rabbit Green

1 hour ago, scott-martin said:

I spotted an undercurrent of "Argrath equals Jar-Eel" the other day so we are clearly closing in on something important here. 

Yea, verily.  The theme of "Argrath is the counterpart to Jar-Eel" is recurrent.*  On one hand, they're mirror images of one another in opposition; on the other, they're flip-sides of the same coin, joined at the backside.  Together, they are Androgeus made manifest.  So that's three heroes of the Hero Wars accounted for with one blow.  Have we ever seen any of them together in the same room outside of a game of Dragon Pass?

!i!

[*Though, of course, so is "Harrek is the counterpart of Jar-Eel," so take that with a grain of salt.]

Edited by Ian Absentia
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/8/2020 at 8:58 AM, John Biles said:

Argath vs Nysalor is a battle where neither of them is Gbaji, rather, he used Argath's obsessive mania and Nysalor's utter lack of caring about his worshippers to pit them against each other to lay waste to Glorantha.  This was a battlle where the only way Gbaji doesn't win is if they stop fighting.

Bravo, well said. Certainly not stupid (maybe not even a theory).

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Grievous said:

Bravo, well said. Certainly not stupid (maybe not even a theory).

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was fooling people into thinking that he's a real, singular being rather than ever-present within man's own capacity for evil and propensity for self-destruction, I suppose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Leingod said:

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was fooling people into thinking that he's a real, singular being rather than ever-present within man's own capacity for evil and propensity for self-destruction, I suppose.

The Devil is little more than a QC analyst running a system test.

!i!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ian Absentia said:

So that's three heroes of the Hero Wars accounted for with one blow.  Have we ever seen any of them together in the same room outside of a game of Dragon Pass?

By the same token, no one's ever seen the Red Emperor and Quackjohn in the same room.  Damning evidence, if you ask me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Cragspider said:

By the same token, no one's ever seen the Red Emperor and Quackjohn in the same room.  Damning evidence, if you ask me. 

Quackjohn and Gringle are clearly life partners so Issaries has been running the empire all along.

• Like 1

singer sing me a given

7 hours ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

Trolls struggle to preserve wooden architecture or tools around since it is literally edible to them. And reasonably tasty.

The same goes for ores, sedimentary rock, and for clay. Metals offer some spice. And any item of clothing. Old boots? Well marinated, yum.

Edited by Joerg
  • Thanks 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

On 6/9/2020 at 4:56 AM, Mark Mohrfield said:

From the Guide; " Arkat Returns Five times! The ways of Heroquesting are abruptly opened, and it isn’t what everyone expected. One is a troll, one is a Chaos monster, and no one is quite sure which incarnation the other three are." One the remaining three Arkats is a Duck, which certainly no one expected. However, no one believes him. "But honest and truly, I am Arkat!" He attempts to prove that he is Arkat to anyone he meets by imitating some past feat of the ancient hero. These always spectacularly backfire. One day, an attempt will backfire so badly that it will end the Third Age, thus proving his point.

All the remaining three are the same duck. Arkat's mother was trying to lay the egg against the wind.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, M Helsdon said:

Glorantha is a simulation running on the World Machine mainframe.

Sounds like how a dwarf would conceive of the draconic worldview, or at least how they'd translate it to other dwarves (especially if dwarves don't usually dream and thus wouldn't understand that metaphor. Do they?).

Edited by Leingod
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mortals preexist the gods and exist independently of them, and all of the gods and the entire Gods World is retrocreated through subjective belief and worship. There is nothing about a god that isn't in a myth, as they have no separate existence. 

(Prove me wrong, though!)

Edited by Akhôrahil
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Woke up more convinced than ever that Brithos has never been a place you can physically travel to or from. "Emigrants" are pure intellectual entities devolving into matter like angels falling in Milton and facilitated by waertagi psychopomps whose boats are often purely allegorical. Humans make receptive hosts, especially when properly groomed. An effective "emigration" or conversion experience replaces the host consciousness with something ageless and immortal, creating opportunities for the rest of us to interact with personas who were always already present in prehistory and can occupy new hosts under precisely defined parameters when the old ones break down.

The island itself is somewhere like the sky and physically recedes further every year. Dawn Age reports of direct interactions with the island reflect early hrestolite heroquest mysteries now mostly lost.

This makes Belintar even more interesting.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

singer sing me a given

1 minute ago, scott-martin said:

Woke up more convinced than ever that Brithos has never been a place you can physically travel to or from. "Emigrants" are pure intellectual entities devolving into matter like angels falling in Milton and facilitated by waertagi psychopomps whose boats are often purely allegorical. Humans make receptive hosts, especially when properly groomed. An effective "emigration" or conversion experience replaces the host consciousness with something ageless and immortal, creating opportunities for the rest of us to interact with personas who were always already present in prehistory and can occupy new hosts under precisely defined parameters when the old ones break down.

The island itself is somewhere like the sky and physically recedes further every year. Dawn Age reports of direct interactions with the island reflect early hrestolite heroquest mysteries now mostly lost.

This makes Belintar even more interesting.

And the Vadeli are literally the same, just different outcome.

• Thanks 1