Have you bought your copy of the RuneQuest Starter Set yet? Because this is coming next – December 10th!

MOB

Ha, not even sure if my Starter Set will have reached my game shop by then 🙂

--

An Unofficial Buyer's Guide to RuneQuest and Glorantha lists everything currently available for the game and setting, across 60 pages. "Lavishly illustrated throughout, festooned with hyperlinks" - Nick Brooke. The Voralans presents Glorantha's magical mushroom humanoids, the black elves. "A wonderful blend of researched detail and Glorantha crazy" - Austin Conrad. The Children of Hykim documents Glorantha's shape-changing totemic animal people, the Hsunchen. "Stunning depictions of shamanistic totem-animal people, really evocative" - Philip H.

2 hours ago, Paid a bod yn dwp said:

Gorgeous cover. I’m really digging Ossi’s work. Captures the everyday and fantastic.  

They look pretty relaxed right before the Krasht encounter

@Jason Dpointed out on Facebook that this is the aftermath of that encounter: you can see the damage they took fighting the Krarshtkid.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Paid a bod yn dwp said:

Gorgeous cover. I’m really digging Ossi’s work. Captures the everyday and fantastic.  

They look pretty relaxed right before the Krasht encounter

They just had a violent encounter - whether with the Krarshtkid is another question. From the look of the shield behind Vasana, probably some time later. Harmast is mourning a favourite tunic of his, I think, and the padding inside his cuirass is stained with blood, too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

3 hours ago, Arcadiagt5 said:

Is this immediate PDF then hardcopy when available? Love the cover BTW.

Yes, PDF release on Dec 10. As always, if you buy the PDF from Chaosium.com you get that amount off the cost of the physical product when it is out next year.

• Like 4
  • Helpful 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Joerg said:

They just had a violent encounter - whether with the Krarshtkid is another question. From the look of the shield behind Vasana, probably some time later. Harmast is mourning a favourite tunic of his, I think, and the padding inside his cuirass is stained with blood, too.

Have a look at Harmsts Cuirass (directly bleft of the i-dor in "Coming": There is a big hole in his breast plate!

31 minutes ago, 7Tigers said:

Hum, it seems Harmast healed himself, according to Starter Set cover and his glowing hand:

298201159_Harmastdetail0.jpg.e3f29e96458860b586f28fc836260145.jpg

What is the MINIMUM points of damage for an impale?

A Digging Claw of a Krarshkid only does 1D6 damage, on a special (impale) 2D6. 
Harmast has 6 points of armor at his chest, 5 hitpoints in his chest and 10 total hitpoints. 

2D6 impaling damage by the Krarshtkid "only" doing in between 7 and 10 points of damage, inflict a wound worth 1 to 4 points of damage to his chest, and total hitpoints. 
He is well enough to heal himself, despite the damage inflicted by the impale that also damaged his armor. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, MOB said:

Featuring more glorious cover art from Ossi Hiekkala

Another wonderful cover!  I really love the "realistic" style here - very much reflects the gritty nature of RQ, and captures the feel for the "adventurers" camp catching up on the aftermath of the encounter from the Starter Set.

• Like 4

Are there any previews? What sort of content will be in this? On the one hand it sounds like it could be really useful for my campaign, on the other hand, how many weapon stats do I really need? Also, I understand there have been changes of costs of things between RQ1/2 and RQG, how easy will it be to convert back to RQ1 prices?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jajagappa said:

Another wonderful cover!  I really love the "realistic" style here - very much reflects the gritty nature of RQ, and captures the feel for the "adventurers" camp catching up on the aftermath of the encounter from the Starter Set.

Absolutely. I know the gent in his loinclout to the left of the fire is looking at some sort of design on the fabric he's holding up, but in my head this guy is washing his own blood out of his tunic... 😁 Repair only closes the hole in your clothes, NOT the blood you leaked on them, Bob....

19 minutes ago, svensson said:

@MOB, Is this a print product or Jonstown Compendium?

Either way, I'm gettin' me some a that. I just want to know if I should set aside some cash for the UPS guy.

9 hours ago, MOB said:

Yes, PDF release on Dec 10. As always, if you buy the PDF from Chaosium.com you get that amount off the cost of the physical product when it is out next year.

This is a Chaosium product obviously.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ffilz said:

Are there any previews? What sort of content will be in this? On the one hand it sounds like it could be really useful for my campaign, on the other hand, how many weapon stats do I really need? Also, I understand there have been changes of costs of things between RQ1/2 and RQG, how easy will it be to convert back to RQ1 prices?

I'd suggest starting with a reverse of the guidance in the RQ:RiG back pages...

Wealth
Prices have been adjusted dramatically. Adventurers from prior editions will be considerably wealthier than their RQ:G counterparts, and the gamemaster may require that adventurers adjust their starting funds.

• Divide RQ2 Lunars (L) by half.
  • Divide RQ3 silver pennies by one-third.

Previous editions provided adventurers with fairly large amounts of amounts of treasure. If converting an old adventure, the gamemaster should divide the value of recommended treasure by 10, or adjust as desired.

Alternately -- compare the prices of weapons in common between the two rulesets, and determine a conversion factor...

1 hour ago, Baron Wulfraed said:

I'd suggest starting with a reverse of the guidance in the RQ:RiG back pages...

Alternately -- compare the prices of weapons in common between the two rulesets, and determine a conversion factor...

Yea, those will be starting points. I'll be curious though if different items seem to have different price adjustments between editions.

2 hours ago, ffilz said:

From previous mentions I think it also goes into more detail on training, as well as adventuring equipment (including ENC for such). 

2 hours ago, Oracle said:

This is a Chaosium product obviously.

Well, one might think it is obvious but in fairness good sir Oracle there are three Beer With Teeth folk mentioned on that cover there!

ETA

Huzzah!

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Like 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!