Introducing the Jonstown Compendium: community creator program for Glorantha (RuneQuest/HeroQuest Glorantha)

MOB

The Glorantha Core Rune Font pages have been updated to allow inclusion in the Jonstown Compendium. The Sorcery rune files have been included but not added to the font to cover copyright considerations. The copyright covering the SVG runes on Fandom does not allow this.

https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/home/gloranthan-documents/glorantha-2/glorantha-core-rune-font/

Edited by David Scott
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

12 hours ago, David Scott said:

The copyright covering the SVG runes on Fandom does not allow this.

What do you mean by that? Moon Design owns the copyright to those runes, I consider them to be a derivative work. They are used on Fandom under fair use principles.

Edited by PhilHibbs

7 hours ago, PhilHibbs said:

What do you mean by that? Moon Design owns the copyright to those runes, I consider them to be a derivative work. They are used on Fandom under fair use principles.

Does not allow their use in JC products. 

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

I have updated the copyright information on the RQG wiki to make it clear that the runes are copyright Moon Design, and are merely used on Fandom under the fair use principle. I created the SVG versions, but since they are derivitive works of Moon Design IP, copyright rests entirely with MD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/9/2019 at 7:34 AM, MOB said:

BRP Central folks: If you are interested in contributing to the Jonstown Compendium, and would like your creation to feature on launch or soon after, contact me at mob@chaosium.com and I can forward you the User Guidelines and templates etc so you can get started. nb we're not posting this material publicly yet in case we or DTRPG/OneBookShelf need to make any alterations. 

Have you sent these out yet? I did send you an email a while ago, but have not had a reply.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

It's more ... what you'd call guidelines than an actual deadline.

Welcome aboard Chaosium, Mr's & Ms's Turners ...

(seriously, youdathunk they'd have generalized the lesson whereby they no longer announce (over-optimistic) date far ahead of a product ...  But I suppose they have discovered more "moving pieces" than expected, with Glorantha/JC more complex than Mythos/MR; I know they've publicly stated that Mythos publications are more straightforward for them to produce than Gloranthan ones)

C'es ne pas un .sig

13 hours ago, g33k said:

seriously, youdathunk they'd have generalized the lesson whereby they no longer announce (over-optimistic) date far ahead of a product ...

That said, this announcement came across to me more as "Here's the starting line! Get ready for it!" than a reiteration of the "Heroquesting coming next year!" ghost.

Also, does less than a month count as "far ahead"?

Here's to hoping there was just a stumbling block or two with legalese shenanigans I don't understand, and that it'll get wrapped up and the JC rolled out shortly. Looking forward to some new RQ content!

• Like 2

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

18 hours ago, Crel said:

That said, this announcement came across to me more as "Here's the starting line! Get ready for it!" than a reiteration of the "Heroquesting coming next year!" ghost.

Also, does less than a month count as "far ahead"?

Here's to hoping there was just a stumbling block or two with legalese shenanigans I don't understand, and that it'll get wrapped up and the JC rolled out shortly. Looking forward to some new RQ content!

I expect it was indeed "just a stumbling block or two;" or maybe a glitch in another line/product taking more time, so they couldn't put in the time they had scheduled for the JC-rollout.  I have faith it'll happen, and I expect it sooner rather than later.

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 10/13/2019 at 9:17 PM, gochie said:

What about content that changes existing rules? Or straight up house rules/changes? 

For example, different stats or starting skills for existing cultures/occupations, different rune spells for existing gods, etc. 

As with the Miskatonic Repository, submissions to the Jonstown Compendium need to use RQG. They can come up with additional material, such as new spells, new sub cults, etc., but not rewrites of existing cults, etc. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeff said:

As with the Miskatonic Repository, submissions to the Jonstown Compendium need to use RQG. They can come up with additional material, such as new spells, new sub cults, etc., but not rewrites of existing cults, etc. 

RQ? I thought it was stated at the start that if rules were used at all (and there's no need to do so), it could be RQ or HQ (plus I think one other than I don't use so didn't remember). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gallowglass said:

Are there any restrictions on local setting or timeline for published content? I know it has to be Glorantha, but does it have to be Dragon Pass or Prax? 

Anywhere in Glorantha.

On 10/2/2019 at 4:07 PM, Pentallion said:

"later this month" has come and gone.  It's October now.  Any word when this is going to be a thing?

Waiting on a critical mass of creations so there will be some content up there to launch. 

While we wait for that, for everyone's reference I have posted the Jonstown Compendium General Guidelines here so you can clearly see what it is for:

Edited by MOB
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I was working from the opposite direction:  patiently waiting for it to go up so I can begin working on submissions.  Although now that I've decided to go back to college and I see my workload is pretty intense, it may be December before I can find time to start writing stuff up.

Edited by Pentallion
  • Like 1