What's next for Request?

Djday45

Apologies if this has already been stated elsewhere and I have missed it, but can anyone tell me what are the plans for the line in the next 6 to 12 months?

After the bestiary and screen/pack are in physical form, what pdf/physical releases can we look forward to?

One reason I am asking is I am preparing my group for a long running campaign so seeing what is coming down the pipe is very useful, not so worried about dates and timescales, more about what can we eventually expect?

Rgds

Dean

• Like 1

My take on the rumor mill is that the most likely things we'll see are a new scenario or three, starting on the convention circuit. The forthcoming books I've seen the most buzz about are generally a Gamemaster's Guide and a new Gods of Glorantha, which I think some persons have actually seen a draft of, and which I think a Table of Contents was running amok from. Apparently a Pavis & Big Rubble supplement is supposed to happen someday, maybe? And something with a Wild West feel not in Pavis, but in Barbarian Town (which is still vaguely Praxian); I don't remember if that was like scenarios, or setting, or what.

Also sounds like there's buzz about a heroquesting book, but considering the community's been promised that literally longer than I've been alive, I'm currently expecting it to drop about five minutes after the heat death of the universe. /s

Some notes:

1. I am, of course, in no way associated with Chaosium. No officialness here.
  2. This is entirely based on my sketchy memory of random things read on this board over the last six months.

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

Some upcoming books were revealed by Jason Durall at The Kraken convention 2018: read it here.

Later on Jason posted an even longer list on Facebook, months ago. You can read it below, but remember to use the translation gadget:

News for RuneQuest Glorantha (half way down the page). :-)

Edited by Runeblogger
  • Like 1

Read my Runeblog about RuneQuest and Glorantha at: http://elruneblog.blogspot.com.es/

Oh, there's one thing I noticed there that makes me fear Crel is right...

HeroQuesting: this section has grown so much that it may be published in a separate book from the Gamemaster Sourcebook. 

I have to implore the creators to put the basics of this (at least) in the Gamemaster Sourcebook if that's a product out before the HeroQuesting book. Hero Quests have been brought so much to the forefront of the game world now that we GMs would be greatly assisted by some guidance on how characters and their stats fit into the experience. The concept of 'write them as you go' is intriguing, too...

3 minutes ago, womble said:

Oh, there's one thing I noticed there that makes me fear Crel is right...

I have to implore the creators to put the basics of this (at least) in the Gamemaster Sourcebook if that's a product out before the HeroQuesting book. Hero Quests have been brought so much to the forefront of the game world now that we GMs would be greatly assisted by some guidance on how characters and their stats fit into the experience. The concept of 'write them as you go' is intriguing, too...

Heroquesting will likely be about a third of the GM Sourcebook. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

18 minutes ago, womble said:
4 hours ago, Jeff said:

Heroquesting will likely be about a third of the GM Sourcebook. 

Woohoo! Hurrah! Caloo! Calay!

Ditto.

We have been waiting for a full treatment of HeroQuesting for so long, I am pleased to see that it is coming.

• Like 2

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Projects closer to completion of writing and art, aka not in layout yet:

• Scenario book, at least 128 pages
  • RQ Starter box set
  • Gods of Glorantha, at least 2 books of about 200+ pages each
  • GM Sourcebook, at least 192 pages.

If you ask me when, I will not reply. 🙂

• Like 11
  • Thanks 5

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

If suggestions are being taken, I have a couple that I think might have some value. These are all some things that have come up in conversations with other fans.

1. How about publishing a Solo Adventure that helps the player through the processes of the rules.... especially the new features and major changes.

2. A Sorcery sourcebook.

3. The main RQG book is naturally focused on the Sartar /Dragon Pass region. Are there plans in the works for similar treatments of other regions [the core of the Lunar Empire, Esrolia, etc.]?

I managed to purchase a preview edtion  of Gods of Glorantha at Gen Con, I was tempted to show just the front cover

but on the first page it read

Those who would reveal the secrets of this book:

May Humakt sever you from Life and death

May Maran Gor blast and wither your genitals

May Babeester Gor remove your limbs

And may Arachne Solara devour your soul and discharge it into the void

...thought better not 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 3/3/2019 at 10:29 AM, soltakss said:

Ditto.

We have been waiting for a full treatment of HeroQuesting for so long, I am pleased to see that it is coming.

YES! About 40 years!

• Like 1

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

1 hour ago, Smudgster said:

I managed to purchase a preview edtion  of Gods of Glorantha at Gen Con, I was tempted to show just the front cover

...thought better not 🙂

You fool! That was a secret of the book you just told us, now they'll be after you!

On 3/3/2019 at 10:43 AM, womble said:

Can you tease some more on the Scenario book and the Starter box's content?

Pretty please?

With sprinkles on top?

Please, @Chaosium, ENTIRELY disregard the request of this poster.

I emphatically do not want my Starter Box (or Scenario Book) "with Sprinkles on Top."

🤡

• Haha 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 3/4/2019 at 5:07 PM, Smudgster said:

Wow! All that for a book. I wonder what they do to you if you leave the seat up?

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

12 hours ago, Atgxtg said:

Wow! All that for a book. I wonder what they do to you if you leave the seat up?

The Devil did, which is why Magasta's Pool is uncovered. Last thing I heard about him was being crushed by the Block.

Telling how it is excessive verbis