Gods and Goddesses of Glorantha

Jeff

7 hours ago, Orlanthatemyhamster said:

Could we have an update to the contents of the book, pretty please?

Note that this is subject to change.

It's the same as the 2019 Previews with the following minor changes:

(As a side note, if anyone has a better picture of the Gen Con 2019 Preview, i'd be grateful)

Trolls

• +Inora

Sea Gods

• +Triolina
  • +Wachaza

Earth

• +Cult of the Bloody Tusk
  • -Hykim & Mikyh
  • +Pamalt

Sun

• +Ourania

Shaman

• Horned Man (was 17, now +24 giving 41 spirit cults)
  • +Hykim & Mikyh (Basmol, +Mralota, +Pralor, +Rathor, Telmor)

Moon

• +Crimson Bat

Chaos

• -Crimson Bat
  • Like 4
  • Helpful 1
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Scotty said:

Shaman

• Horned Man (was 17, now +24 giving 41 spirit cults)
  • +Hykim & Mikyh (Basmol, +Mralota, +Pralor, +Rathor, Telmor)

Nice !

Earth

• +Pamalt

Is Pamalt worshipped on Genertela ? I don't measure the importance of this god in the dragon pass setting

Trolls

• +Inora

will the Inora's cult description describe its relationship with human (and for example orlanthi questers ) or is it only a troll cult ?

In a larger perspective, is there any description of how a cult reacts when (if it can) it "feels" there is / was an heroquest from another community involving its god (friendly / neutral / hostile) ?

Is there  option to "counter" the heroquest or once engaged, you can only see what will be the result (of course, you can act in the mundane world, war, protest, trial, ... my question is about the heroquest itself)

4 hours ago, Orlanthatemyhamster said:

Still seems odd though. 

Not really.

Heler was a water deity before he joined the Storm Tribe, by which I mean that he marched with his Water kin.

So, invading the Sky with Lorion/Sky River Titan sounds like the kind of thing that a martial sky deity would do.

He then gets eaten by a dragon and waits for Orlanth to pull him out, before joining the Storm Tribe.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

43 minutes ago, French Desperate WindChild said:

Is Pamalt worshipped on Genertela ? I don't measure the importance of this god in the dragon pass setting

No. but the book does focus on the monomyth. Other gods are also identified as Pamalelan gods. Asrelia = Aleshmara, Ernalda = Faranar, etc.

49 minutes ago, French Desperate WindChild said:

In a larger perspective

This not the heroquesting rules.

36 minutes ago, French Desperate WindChild said:

will the Inora's cult description describe its relationship with human (and for example orlanthi questers ) or is it only a troll cult ?

Orlanthi, Praxian, and Troll Pantheons (also as a spirit cult)

As before, this info is taken from the draft, so cults could still be, added, altered or removed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, French Desperate WindChild said:

If you've looked over the full set of deities, and seen the images shared by Jeff regarding the monomyth, then you see that a number of these deities are included because they fill in critical parts of the full story of the monomyth.  Most sea gods, for instance, are not worshiped in Genertela either, but are a crucial piece to understanding the whole interaction of Gloranthan myth.

1 hour ago, French Desperate WindChild said:

I think it's more accurate to say she fits under Darkness, rather than trolls.  And she does have human worshipers.

30 minutes ago, Scotty said:

As before, this info is taken from the draft, so cults could still be, added, altered or removed. 

Not at this point, as the book is about to enter final layout.

Pamalt was included because he has lots of ties to other cults and helps show the cosmological differences between Genertela (where Genert the Earth King died) and Pamaltela (where the Earth King survived).

I am pretty pleased by the final list. Cults like the Invisible God, Godunya, Ompalam, Seseine, Idovanus, Charmain, the Jernotian Ring, Biselenslib, Tholm, Pavis, Flintnail, and Zola Fel all are better placed in other vehicles. I went around and around about including Entekos (aka Molanni), but ultimately decided against it. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Jeff said:

Not at this point, as the book is about to enter final layout.

Pamalt was included because he has lots of ties to other cults and helps show the cosmological differences between Genertela (where Genert the Earth King died) and Pamaltela (where the Earth King survived).

I am pretty pleased by the final list. Cults like the Invisible God, Godunya, Ompalam, Seseine, Idovanus, Charmain, the Jernotian Ring, Biselenslib, Tholm, Pavis, Flintnail, and Zola Fel all are better placed in other vehicles. I went around and around about including Entekos (aka Molanni), but ultimately decided against it. 

Great! Will we see some "Pamalts rune" spells? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jose said:

Great! Will we see some "Pamalts rune" spells? 

No, since it's not one of the core runes as RQG defines them, just a combination/personal rune like Issaries or Eternal Battle. He'll probably still be listed as Earth+Pamalt, but his special spells are probably going to be Earthtouch and Gnome-to-Gargoyle, which are both Earth spells in the RBoM.

1 hour ago, Richard S. said:

No, since it's not one of the core runes as RQG defines them, just a combination/personal rune like Issaries or Eternal Battle. He'll probably still be listed as Earth+Pamalt, but his special spells are probably going to be Earthtouch and Gnome-to-Gargoyle, which are both Earth spells in the RBoM.

The reason I not seeing it being there is that its not a rune that is prevalent in Dragon Pass, and the core book is almost explicitly about Sartar with other places added in to give flavour. It is also a vast simplification of how the world and the runes are. 

10 minutes ago, Orlanthatemyhamster said:

The reason I not seeing it being there is that its not a rune that is prevalent in Dragon Pass, and the core book is almost explicitly about Sartar with other places added in to give flavour. It is also a vast simplification of how the world and the runes are. 

The reason I did not put it there is that it is unnecessary in order to make the rules mechanics function. Which is what their function is in the rules.

• Helpful 1

10 minutes ago, Orlanthatemyhamster said:

The setting of the core rules is Dragon Pass, yes, but the mechanics are not specific to that one place. Even if we haven't gotten official support for them yet, we know the designers intend for adventures in the rest of the lozenge to eventually be possible. The runes on the character sheet are a selection of the core runes, which are a lozenge-wide accepted thing, and it's been canon for a while that runes like Pamalt, Issaries, and Eternal Battle are just derivatives of the core.

1 hour ago, Richard S. said:

The setting of the core rules is Dragon Pass, yes, but the mechanics are not specific to that one place. Even if we haven't gotten official support for them yet, we know the designers intend for adventures in the rest of the lozenge to eventually be possible. The runes on the character sheet are a selection of the core runes, which are a lozenge-wide accepted thing, and it's been canon for a while that runes like Pamalt, Issaries, and Eternal Battle are just derivatives of the core.

I didn't say they weren't for use elsewhere, eventually. But anywhere not Sartaritish is a long way off, looking at the vaguely official timeline of products. 

55 minutes ago, Orlanthatemyhamster said:

I didn't say they weren't for use elsewhere, eventually. But anywhere not Sartaritish is a long way off, looking at the vaguely official timeline of products. 

Main books I am working on are Cults (layout and graphic design), Sartar (art), GM book (with lots of Heroquest related stuff), Prax, and gathering material on the Holy Country and the Lunar Empire.

• Like 8
  • Helpful 2
  • Thanks 4

8 hours ago, Jeff said:

Main books I am working on are Cults (layout and graphic design), Sartar (art), GM book (with lots of Heroquest related stuff), Prax, and gathering material on the Holy Country and the Lunar Empire.

Great! 😀🙂

All Sartar adjacent, or general topics. Thanks for the clarification Jeff. 

I know people are working on stuff further afield, but thought/knew these were probably further down the line. 

• 1 month later...

My inner 6-year old is frustrated with the progress in RQG.

The adult in me understands... COVID, supply chain issues, the Great Employment Reset, political fracases [fracii?] between the US /UK /AUS and China, all these lead to delays. And that's not even getting into the issues of writing for a property that has the same depth of lore as Traveller's OTU or MAR Barker's Tekumel. What's more, the quality of artwork, layout, and editing at Chaosium is top-notch. This stuff isn't being put together on weekends on your 5 y/o tower computer on the dining room table like a fan-zine in the 80s.

But my inner is 6-year old is still frustrated. It seems like Cthulhu and KAP get first dibs on Chaosium's main effort. That's not true, and rationally I know that. But it feels that way sometimes.  But you how it is when you're six... 😉

• Haha 1