Your Dumbest Theory

scott-martin

In addition to the use of high heels and platforms to increase the height of zzaburi and help them conform to caste stereotype, among Rokari there's also the use of artificial fingernails and wigs to demonstrate a zzaburi's lack of involvement in the duties of a dronar or horal, and distinct, obvious makeup styles to clearly delinate their wizardry in any situation, and flamboyantly colorful clothing to proclaim the wealth of their talar and communities. 

The frequent sorcerous debate and backbiting often latches onto deficiencies in this presentation as points of attack. No one is quite sure where referring to one's own sorcerous school as an "island of fire" in the midst of ignorant darkness came from, though...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

"And I am pretty tired of all this fuss about rfevealign that many worshippers of a minor goddess might be lesbians." -Greg Stafford, April 11, 2007

"I just read an article in The Economist by a guy who was riding around with the Sartar rebels, I mean Taliban," -Greg Stafford, January 7th, 2010

Eight Arms and the Mask

1 hour ago, Eff said:

The frequent sorcerous debate and backbiting often latches onto deficiencies in this presentation as points of attack. No one is quite sure where referring to one's own sorcerous school as an "island of fire" in the midst of ignorant darkness came from, though...

It may have originally started as an insult! It sounds like a reference to Umiliath the Fireburg, but one where they've changed a meaning from "something that blunders through destructively," to "a source of enlightenment!"

Love it all. As usual many of these are not trying hard enough to be dumb and actually deserve their own development threads when time permits. For example . . . 

9 hours ago, Eff said:

talar

"Executive" is its own category.

9 hours ago, Eff said:

communities

From now on in a Glorantha very near mine the wizard schools are known as "legendary houses."

Edited by scott-martin
legendary!
  • Like 1

singer sing me a given

23 hours ago, JonL said:

The steeds of the Ostrich Riders are completely invulnerable when they stick their heads in the sand. 

Just the mounts though, not the riders.

So...when an Ostrich Rider sticks his or her head in the sand, the ostrich becomes invulnerable?

I approve!

!i!

Edited by Ian Absentia
  • Haha 2

carbon copy logo smallest.jpg  ...developer of White Rabbit Green

19 minutes ago, FungusColombicus said:

The world is not FLAT... or a cube... the cult of Lhankor Mhy worshipers knows the truth... the evidence is there... there are tectonic activity... glaciers that move etc.

Do you propose then a triangle?  Or what?

C'es ne pas un .sig

1 hour ago, JonL said:

It's a torus. Magasta's Pool is the hole.

... uhhhh

You're saying  all of Glorantha  is topologically equivalent to a trip through a massive Eurmal "Swallow" spell (& on out the other side... ) ?

<shrug>

Math checks out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

8 hours ago, Ian Absentia said:
On 9/30/2020 at 1:15 AM, JonL said:

The steeds of the Ostrich Riders are completely invulnerable when they stick their heads in the sand. 

Just the mounts though, not the riders.

So...when an Ostrich Rider sticks his or her head in the sand, the ostrich becomes invulnerable?

Even Broo cannot see them.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Humakti who switch over to YT get to keep all their gifts (as long as they don't break their geases) and can continue to replenish their rune points at Humakti temples. And I'm just going to take off my tinfoil helmet to note that Humakti can replenish their rune points in YT temples too, though they do tend to get a bit self-conscious during the liturgy with all the tambourines, guitars, and group hugs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

On 9/30/2020 at 5:33 AM, JonL said:

The Five Returning Arkats are all fakes. The scorpion-armed Broo Ralzakark is the real Arkat.

I think we all know Sartar(kat) was the actual Arkat.

Ralzakark inherited the job of 'shadow of Arkat' when he went to the bathroom during the will reading but he's still crank about it.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, scott-martin said:

Harmast didn't take the core LBQ with him on his journey to the west. He found the rudiments when he got there and put them together in a new system. 

Whatever rite the lifebringers originally used to repair the world is a now matter for conjecture.

The original leader of the Lifebringers was Lightfore/Yelmalio.  The Truth of this is revealed each and every day.

The secret of the Hill of Gold is not that Orlanth stole a weapon from Yelmalio, but that he stole the quest secret from the cult and used it to refashion the LBQ in his name.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

Lifebringers was Lightfore/Yelmalio

Which explains why the light-dome presages the return of the sun!

43 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

he stole the quest secret

Orlanth has form.  He stole death...

And of course Kallyr Starbrow, with her star connections, discovers the truth on her lightbringer quest!  And fails at the end, not by the machinations of some Lunar hero(ine), but by Orlanthi intervention trying to hush the secret! 

Well, we are after dumb theories...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1