RQG goes on sale on June 1st

MOB

We've sent out our latest RQG Preview, featuring preliminary sketches of Andrey Fetisov's wonderful piece of the adventurers in Snakepipe Hollow. Plus the finished work.

We've also reminded everyone that RuneQuest goes on sale tomorrow (June 1st)!

The preview list is here, if you'd like to join it: http://eepurl.com/dtqE9T

Deh_qrgV4AA9moK.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks MOB.

Can I say that I love the art, while at the same time immediately feeling that anyone going into RQ combat (*ever*) without a helmet is an idiot?  Sorry.

Just like wearing pteruges, when there's no reason to do so, frankly.

33 minutes ago, styopa said:

Thanks MOB.

Can I say that I love the art, while at the same time immediately feeling that anyone going into RQ combat (*ever*) without a helmet is an idiot?  Sorry.

You haven't heard of MWWG's Looks Good in Armour skill?

But yes the art style is definitely growing on me

Does the physical book go on sale? I'm considering ordering it from the local store even though I'll be at GenCon this year. 

Not even sure I'm sold on the game...I still love Mythras, but the art is amazing, I want to let my money talk.

121/420

13 minutes ago, tedopon said:

Does the physical book go on sale? I'm considering ordering it from the local store even though I'll be at GenCon this year. 

Not even sure I'm sold on the game...I still love Mythras, but the art is amazing, I want to let my money talk.

As I understand it, just the PDF goes on sale. Physical copies come out around Gen Con and if you get it through Chaosium, you get a coupon for money off the hardback.  Do I have that right?

And there is more than enough room in my virtual (and actual) library for Mythras and RQG. 

Its 2300hrs, do you know where your super dreadnoughts are?

http://reigndragonpressblog.blogspot.com/

2 hours ago, Sean_RDP said:

And there is more than enough room in my virtual (and actual) library for Mythras and RQG. 

Yeah, I agree, but I've been trying to limit my shelf space. I've been a lot more stingy on new purchases over the last couple years and have even sold a ton of stuff.

• Like 1

121/420

Just now, tedopon said:

Yeah, I agree, but I've been trying to limit my shelf space. I've been a lot more stingy on new purchases over the last couple years and have even sold a ton of stuff.

My collection got ravaged in an end of marriage ritual a few years back, so I am on the other side of that; looking to rebuild my collections.

Its 2300hrs, do you know where your super dreadnoughts are?

http://reigndragonpressblog.blogspot.com/

11 hours ago, styopa said:

Thanks MOB.

"Never wear armour protection on your head" is one of the more nasty geases Humakti (or Yelmalio) blesses his followers with.

• Like 2

• MOB featured this topic

I got mine early this morning. Once I got my chores done, I set in to skim through it and begin reading. It's beautiful, and so big, and so full of 'stuff'. My only grumble - the maps are very low-resolution, so that they pixelate badly when you try to zoom in to read the smaller names - much more so than the Argan Argar Atlas.

My first impression based on sneak peaks at work (it's a software manual--really!) is that this is really really good. I was very worried the Glorantha aspects would be unapproachable for new players and I think it completely nailed it. If you want to sell a whole bunch of new people, I'd publish Vasana's Saga as a free PDF. Biturian was what sold me on Glorantha mumble-mumble years ago and this is a quite good  equivalent. It gets the feeling across so much better than rules and discourses. I'm just really liking this.

• Like 1

My main question is, now that RQ is no longer focused on Prax and the Lunar occupation era, what will campaign play actually look like? 

This, no doubt, isn't addressed in the rule book but will be gradually revealed as supplements are released.

Nonetheless, I would love to know the general shape that it's going to take....

3 hours ago, Addison said:

My main question is, now that RQ is no longer focused on Prax and the Lunar occupation era, what will campaign play actually look like?

I’m running RQG in Prax, play is just as before the Lunars. Continuing tribal bickering, preparing to go off to dragon pass with Argrath. Trading, treasures in the rubble.  Fighting chaos, etc. Same as before with one less annoyance. 

• Like 2

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/